According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Tactile Sensors Market :By Type (Resistive, Capacitive, Mapping Array, Others); By Application (Industrial, Automotive, Consumer Electronics and Others) & By Region-Fore & Geography - (2018-2023)”, the market is driven by the increasing emphasis on touch controls in consumer electronics.
Browse 49 Market Tables, 176 Figures spread through 146 slides and an in-depth TOC on “Tactile Sensors Market (2018 - 2023)”
Americas held the largest market share and growth rate in the Tactile Sensors Market
Americas region holds the largest market share and growth in the Tactile Sensors Market and is anticipated to reach $5.2 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 12.7%. The high investments, extensive research by the key players of this market, followed by high adoption of the touch based devices are set to drive the Tactile Sensors Market in this region. The key end-users in this region include automotive and consumer electronics among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- The process of value addition initiates with the raw material suppliers of substrate materials, electrode materials, conductive inks, polymers and so on.
- Substrate manufacturers procure the raw materials from these suppliers for the production of substrate tapes, reels and other form factors.
- The printed, flexible, and stretchable electronics equipment manufacturers supply the equipment and provide related services to the substrate manufacturers.
- The substrates are then procured by the system integrators, especially in case of mapping array along with auxiliary components from respective suppliers such as enclosure suppliers, connectors and so on for assembling the final module.
- These modules are further either shipped to the third party distributors or OEM’s own distribution centers. The products are first shipped to the regional distribution hub from where it is further sent to the local distribution centers.
- Owing to the infancy stage of the market, the distribution network is not yet well diversified. So, the majority of the modules are directly procured by the end users through the system integrators’ own distribution network.
- The regulatory bodies play an important role in the supply chain and these bodies are responsible for the compliance of material usage regulations which influences the price of these sensors.
- The universities and independent research firms are also one of the prominent stakeholders in the value chain as these bodies hold IP licenses for the tactile sensor substrate, modules, production techniques and equipment, end products and so on.
- Finally, the sensor modules are procured by various players of end user verticals including automotive, consumer electronics, industrial and so on, for final integration into the end products.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Industrial machine control interface with Multi Touch Features and increasing safety concerns in the automotive sector are expected to propel the Tactile Sensors Market in the future.
- Industrial is projected to dominate the overall tactile sensors market in terms of value with a share of approximately 39% in 2023 and by volume, consumer electronics industry will be the pioneer in the overall tactile sensors market and is projected to account for the volume share of 43% in 2023 with the volume contribution of 2.7 billion units by 2023 owing to increasing demand for the smartphones & other consumer electronics especially from APAC region.
Key players of Tactile Sensors Market:
- Tekscan is the leading manufacturer in the tactile sensors market, contributing to nearly 18.1% share in terms of revenue. Tekscan through its broad range of services, constant product launches and innovation have been successful in catering to a variety of customers, consequently maintaining their hold over their competitors.
- Since the Companies are focusing to upgrade their product with new innovations, many small suppliers easily penetrate the market. The result of which, major suppliers have not been able to gain a stronghold in the market.
- However, monitoring their future business involvements, IndustryARC analysts expect companies such as Tekscan, Inc. (U.S.), Pressure Profile Systems, Inc. (U.S.), SynTouch, Inc. (U.S.) Weiss Robotics GmbH & Co. KG (Germany), NextInput, Inc. (U.S.), Romheld Automation Pty Ltd (Australia) and more to maintain their market position in the coming future.
- Stantum S.A.S and Olympus Corporation are the leading companies in the number of patents, followed by various other companies.
Browse Related Reports:
- Pressure Sensors Market: By Application (Leak Testing, Pressure, Altitude, others); By Product Type (Gauge, Vacuum, Differential, others); By Technology (Piezoresistive, Electromagnetic, Others); By Verticals (F&B, Automotive, Chemical, Others); By Geography - Forecast (2018-2023)
- Force Sensors Market: By Force Type (Tensile Force, Compressive Force, Shear force, Torsional Force, Bending Force, Frictional Force); By Application (Automotive, Medical, Industrial, Printing & Packaging, Others); By Measuring System (Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Elastic Devices, Vibrating Elements, Others);By Type (Capacitive Force Sensors, Strain Gauges, Piezo-resistive Force Sensors, Magnetic, Others); By Geography- Forecast (2018-2023)
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Email: [email protected]
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
Connect with us on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/industryarc