Slewing Bearings After Market is anticipated to hit $1.66 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.90%
By Gear Types (Ungeared, External Gear, Internal Gear); By Construction (Single-row Four Point Contact Ball, Cross roller, Double roller); By Dimension (OD < 2.5m, 2.5m < OD < 4.5m, 4.5m <OD < 6m, More than 6m; By Aftermarket Industry (Construction, Mining, Oil&Gas) By Applications (Excavation, Medical, Turbines); By Geography - (2015 – 2023)”, the market is driven by the increasing need for repair and maintenance in application specific slewing bearings and rising focus on renewable energy generation.
Slewing Bearings After Market (2015 - 2023)”
Europe held the largest market share in the Slewing Bearings After Market
Europe region holds the largest market share in the Slewing Bearings After Market, and is anticipated to reach $505.72 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 7.5%. However, APAC witnesses highest growth during the forecast period and is expected to reach $469.27 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 10.5%. Europe Slewing Bearings Market is mainly driven by the production of oil and gas industry. The sharp rise in oil production every year is also providing impetus to the industry in this region. The key applications include Mining, Marine Vessels, Military, Packaging, Robotic Equipment, and Medical Equipment among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- The value chain depicts several stakeholders such as components, raw material suppliers, research organization and patent holders, various legislative authorities as well as testing and certifying bodies.
- Sub component manufacturers comprises of raw material providers, fabricated structures and some other minute components manufacturing enterprises.
- Initially, the product prototype developed by the R&D department (in case of new product) or pre-specified requirements is given to the component manufacturer by the end user who then forwards their requirements to the component/ sub component manufacturer.
- The specification sometimes includes customized bearings based on the product design specifications and demands. The bearings will be manufactured as per the application specifications.
- At each phase, the bearings or bearing components has to be manufactured as per the industry standards. There are a number of certifying bodies such as ATEX, NEC, IECEx, CEC and so on, which specifies the requirements of the bearings at each phase of the value chain.
- After-market comes into value chain scenario after the bearings are delivered to the end users. Aftermarket includes the supply of raw materials or spare parts of these bearings when they are subjected to failure.
- Key aftermarket services and products include the bearings materials suppliers, pre-fabricated structure providers, which are usually spare parts. These spare parts are to be replaced under maintenance, repair and overhaul services.
- After-market is gaining the popularity in various industries including construction, mining, energy sector and so on, where there has been high scope for the failure or declining operational efficiencies due to continuous heavy loads. Moreover, Slewing bearings are subjected to functional and dimensional check, and are certified by regional equipment certification authorities, and most of the companies follow DIN/ISO 9001/2000 quality standards.
- In after-market segment, bearing manufacturers undertake service projects at client locations through a range of condition monitoring services which minimizes the risk of breakdown, consequent damages, and thus allow clients to achieve reduction in downtime.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Ungeared slewing bearing market is projected to grow with CAGR of 11.1% during the forecast period to reach $122.73 million in 2023.
- Slewing Bearings After-market has been primarily driven by the rising infrastructure spending in APAC and African Markets.
- Other factors that drive the market include increasing need of repair and maintenance in application specific slewing bearings, and growing shift towards after-market purchase of Slewing Bearings in Automotive and Construction Sectors.
- The market has witnessed investments in research and development of slewing bearings in the recent years. Currently, the market is mostly driven by product enhancements and rising number of heavy machinery products is estimated to drive the market growth of these bearings and aftermarket services over the next couple of decades.
- According to the Medtech Organization, increasing number of imports and exports of medical equipment coupled with advancements in the medical technology has a huge impact on the growth of the aftermarket slewing bearings across the globe.
- Slewing bearings aftermarket value for conveyors market is expected to reach $89.97 million in 2023.
- Internal geared slewing bearings market in 2014 was $1,596.0 million and is estimated to grow from $1,703.4 million in 2015 to $2,311.2 million by 2020 at a CAGR of 6.3%.
- External gear segment is projected to grow with CAGR of 8.2% during 2017 to 2023 from $457.64 million in 2015 to $885.95 million in 2023.
- Single row 4 point ball market segment is estimated to reach $565.98 million by 2023, growing at CAGR 7.2% during the forecast period.
- Double row 4 point ball market segment is anticipated to reach $493.86 million by 2023 growing at a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period.
- Cross roller market segment is estimated to reach $263.91 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR 8.3% during the forecast period.
- Eight point contact ball market segment is estimated to reach $49.25 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR 7.3% during the forecast period.
- Wire Race Bearing market segment is estimated to reach $71.22 million by 2023, growing at CAGR 10.8% during the forecast period.
- Medical segment is witnessed a rapid growth of CAGR 12.2% and the mining segment is estimated to be dominant segment with highest revenue of $228.93million by the end of 2023 with a CAGR of 7.8%.
- Energy & power segment witnessed revenue of $109.34 million in 2015 and is projected to reach $260.75 million by the end of 2023 growing at a CAGR of 11% during the period 2015-2023, owing to increasing demand for the installation of new renewables.
- Global slewing bearing aftermarket for the wind turbines is projected to reach $167.2 million by the end of 2023 with a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period.
- Slewing bearings aftermarket value for conveyors market expected to reach $89.97 million in 2023 with a CAGR of 9.1%.
Key players of Slewing Bearings After Market:
- ThyssenKrupp Group, IMO Group, SKF Group, Forgital Group, NTN-SNR Group, Antex Corporation are the major players in the Global Slewing Bearings Market.
- These companies offers a wide range of products along with services, tailored to the requirements of industry verticals, thereby augmenting their respective positions in the market.
- Notable players in the occupant sensing systems market comprise of NTN Corporation (Japan), SKF AB (Sweden), ThyssenKrupp AG (Germany) and Schaeffler AG . (Germany)
- Also, as majority of the players in the market tend to be dominant suppliers, each one of them has established a robust network for sales, distribution and aftermarket services across different end-user vertical, resulting in low bargaining power.
- The slewing bearings market players will be presented with huge opportunities as the solar energy production is estimated to increase immensely in the coming years. This solar energy production is projected to escalate the need of aftermarket bearing products owing to their failure in operations.
- Market players such as Kaydon Bearings, RBC Bearings Incorporated among others, provides these slewing bearings to oil and gas industry.
- Market players such as ThyssenKrupp Rothe Erde GmbH, Rotek, Inc. provide wire-race slewing bearings to various end user industries such as aviation and aerospace, production plants telescopes.
Browse Related Reports:
Bearings for Mechanical and Electrical Products Market:By Type (Ball, Plain, Roller, Fluid and Others), By Motion (Axial, Spherical, Linear, Hinge and Others), By Load (Radial and Axial), By Application and By Geography - Forecast(2018 - 2023)
Factory Automation Market:By Electrical Components (Inverters, Touch Panel, Timers, Controllers, Breakers, Switches, Convertors, Others) By End User Industry (Automobile, Packaging, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Food And Beverage) Forecast (2018-2023)