In earlier days, there exists a very low necessity for refining in the edible oil processing industry. After a while, the progression in the margarine industry has raised the need for improvements in the edible oil deodorization process. This gradual evolution of deodorization starting from off-flavors removal to crucial unit operation, employed in defining the refine oil quality. The deodorizing technology is improving its growth at a steady rate to fulfill the requirement for more efficient processing to obtain higher refined oil yield at lower operating cost, for instance, thin film technology. This is possible only because of the new developments in deodorizing technology mainly in hydrogenation technology. At the moment, the increasing focus of consumers, especially in the quality of food oils and fats is modifying the deodorizing process conditions. Deodorization removes volatile odoriferous components such as ketones, aldehydes, peroxides, and residual free fatty acids, which affect the taste and odor of oil. Deodorization systems engage steam injection and steam distillation under a high vacuum and increased temperature. The rise in the need for faster and larger capacity in the refining of edible oil is increasing the demand for deodorization systems. This is because of the efficiency and flexibility of these systems in automating different functions which are involved in the oil refinement.
Industrial edible oil deodorization is performed through varied ways such as batch, continuous and semi-continuous using different configurations of deodorizers which include packed columns and vertical vessels. Based on the total plant capacity and feed-stock changes, the producers choose appropriate technology accordingly. The deodorization system manufacturers are concentrating on designing a low steam consuming deodorizer with an individual vacuum system that exhibits high deodorizing efficiency. Moreover, their intention to manufacture deodorizer which supports the minimal loss of desirable constituents and produce high-quality oil in the crude oil refining industry increasing the deodorization systems market share of the respective company in the global deodorization market size. Additionally, the increased adoption of regenerative thermal oxidizer as it deals with a thermal efficiency method to deodorize volatile organic compounds, thereby reduces thermal degradation.
As a result, the Deodorization Systems Market size stood at $3.44 billion in 2018 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.81% throughout the forecast period 2019-2025, according to the global deodorization systems market report.
This report determines deodorization systems market size based on technology, refining method, component, edible oil, and operation. Moreover, it provides a detailed analysis of prominent players and start-ups with their deodorization systems market share, globally.
Fastest Growing Application of Deodorization Systems among Edible Oils – Palm Oil:
Palm oil is recognized as the fastest-growing edible oil among soybean oil, olive oil, peanut oil, rapeseed/canola oil, refined sunflower oil, palm kernel oil, cottonseed oil, and coconut oil. It is set to grow with a CAGR of 0.96% over the forecast period. Since refinement of palm oil is easy to refine that too at lower costs. Thus, this edible oil is playing a dominating role in the deodorization systems market. High tocopherol content of palm oils is attracting the commercial industry players to prefer this stable oil as it supports the longer shelf life of the product. Increasing the production of palm oil is resulted in the APAC region owing to government intervention. The high production volume coupled with the low cost of the final product gaining traction of oil end-users. Additionally, the number of cost benefits of palm oil compared to applications such as baking, frying, and other culinary functions are boosting the application of deodorization systems in the manufacturing process of palm oil. This factor is acting as a key driver for rising the demand for deodorization systems, globally. Indonesia and Malaysia are eminent countries of APAC that occupy a notable share in the APAC palm oil market.
Driving Forces of Deodorization Systems Market:
· The continuous demand for the higher nutritional value of edible oils witnessing the progression in the oil industry and acting as the prominent growth-promoting factor of the deodorization systems market. The increase in both production and consumption of edible oils in developing and developed nations owing to the government intervention are the key drivers, which are boosting the oil crop production, thereby positively impacting the deodorization systems market size. Therefore, the growing demand for edible oil is attracting market players to adopt many deodorization systems.
· Increasing the prevalence of industrialization and rapid growth in urbanization are contributing to an increment in the deodorization systems market revenue.
· The widespread of packed column technology in the deodorization systems market is witnessed to grow at a faster rate as it allows the deodorizer to operate in two different temperatures. This column technology supports the deodorization equipment to produce edible oils not only at variant temperatures but also under varied pressure requirements.
· The efficient chemical refining method is highly adopted by the market players as it reduces the fatty acid content in the crude oil with a higher boiling point in an effective manner. Furthermore, it is creating a demand influx in the market deodorization systems market.
Dominating Asia-Pacific Deodorization Systems Marketplace:
The increase in demand for edible oil along with the export of oil refining equipment to other regions leading to the continuous growth of the APAC deodorization systems market. On the other hand, the industrial growth potential due to industry favorable policies which are in line with the increasing demand for edible oil due to growing population is flourishing the APAC deodorization systems market demand. The lower cost of manufacturing and availability of technology is creating a larger scope for deodorization systems manufacturers to set up new refinery units in this region. India and China are the two emerging economies of APAC, which are elevating as the major suppliers of deodorization systems. Furthermore, the upsurge in disposable income, upward demand for edible oils, and the increase in the industrial base, altogether increased the demand for deodorization systems in APAC. In addition to this, the deodorization systems market is driven by the growing demand for beverages in developing countries such as India, China, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Henceforth, the above mentioned APAC countries are witnessing the rise in demand for deodorization solutions.
Prominent Players Involved in the Deodorization Systems Marketplace – Competitive Landscape:
Crown Iron Works, Compro International, Desmet Ballestra, Zhengzhou Sunshine Machinery Co. Inc., Luohe Zhonzhiyuan Grains & Oil Machinery Co. Inc, Myande Group, Alfa Laval AB, Goyum Screw Press Pvt. Ltd., HUM Oil and Fat Technologies, and Andreotti Impianti S.p.A are the major players, which are operating in the global deodorization systems market. These players are implementing business strategies to mark their brand name as one among the deodorization systems’ top 10 companies, by increasing their market share for the same. For instance, developments in the deodorization systems marketplace are evident as follows:
· In 2018, Myande Group has developed a 3D design application, particularly for oils & fats engineering projects. This 3-D software package, deals with the designing work in a virtue 3-D space, that aids both the designer and customer’s interaction in visualizing the spatial relationship among each design unit, and improves the accuracy of equipment layout, piping layout, material statistics, and also allows for dynamic, simulation, modelling, and accurate calculation for most optimal design efficiency.
· In November 2018, Desmet Ballestra announced to start a new deodorizer of large capacity for the leading agribusiness and food company namely “Bunge” in Germany. In October 2018, this company publicized to start a new deodorizer of larger capacity in Western Europe, particularly for Cargill. Thus, these expansions of deodorizers indicating the demand for deodorization systems in Europe.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
A. Dosing Systems Market
B. Water Treatment Systems Market
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a quote, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email: [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.