Plantain chips are more popular in Nigeria. Plantain chips prepared in Nigeria generally contain less than 35% fats and between 1 to 3% of residual humidity. Rest all other plantain chips that are prepared has a lot of fats and calories. As the awareness expands, the uptake of the former is anticipated to escalate, according to the analyst of a recent business intelligence report from IndustryARC. The report is titled “
South America Sweet and Salty Snacks Market: By Type (Chips, Extruded Snacks, Nuts, Pretzels, Popcorn, Traditional snacks); By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience stores, Specialty food stores, Online) - Forecast (2017 - 2022)
The South America sweet and salty snacks market is thriving on primarily two factors: changing eating habits of urban populations with increasing disposable income and the robustness of distribution network of major manufacturers who are making these products readily available for their targeted customers. These snacks include bakery products, chips, chocolates, etc. South America is one of the fastest growing economic continent, with countries such as Brazil, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, and Argentina prospering at healthy GDP.
The South American sweet and salty snacks market is enabling the countries to become modern and have a drastic growth in the food and beverage industry. Chile is one of the fastest growing countries in South America. According to the National Institute of Statistics, Chile has the largest market share in supermarkets, having nearly 50% of the total food sales. Due to the consumption of a large number of snacks the rate of obesity and Type II diabetes is being observed in almost every individual. Therefore, the sweet and salty snacks market vendors in this region as restructuring their product portfolio according to the organic food trend. Products are now baked not fried, and ingredients are more natural, which is enticing existing fan base to pay a premium price for higher quality snacks.
On the other hand, South America sweet and salty snack market used to be filled with chips, plantain chips, and popcorns etc. Snacking pattern and increase in intake of sugar-sweetened beverages (SSBs) has heavily impacted the health of people like cardiovascular diseases, Type II diabetes, and Obesity. Players aspiring greater market share are overcoming this by developing healthier products that fall under governmental guidelines.
Browse 34 Market Tables, 62 Figures spread through 158 slides and an in-depth TOC on “
South America Sweet and Salty Snacks Market (2018 - 2023)”
Diet Snack Bolsters in South American Sweet and Salty Snack Market
- Kellogg’s has started producing Teff-based snacks (baked chips) based on Ethiopian Recipes. And it has started making a social impact in Ethiopia.
- Small and new entrants have started entering the market and supplying organic and natural snack to the offices in South America and earning good revenue. With stiff competition coming from local players, the consumers have plenty of bargaining power and therefore the market demand is on the surge.
- Nestle has taken an initiative to have control over sweet and salty snacks amongst people, by uploading diet tips on their websites such as Healthy Snacking, Portion Patrol, and Sweet Enough.
Big Giants Driving Dietary Food in South America Sweet and Salty Snack Market
- Kellogg’s NA Co, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, General Mills Inc., Nestle S.A, and PepsiCo are a few major market players operating in South America sweet and salty snacks market.
- General Mills Inc. has introduced its cereal portfolio with the launch of Fiber One Strawberries and Vanilla Clusters, which is available in all the stores since January 2019.
- PepsiCo has introduced #TostitosLiveBowl, to set an official world record for the longest live stream of tortilla chip bowl on 1st Feb 2019 to promote its snack.
- PepsiCo will launch Bubly- Sparkling water in 8 different flavors, with no artificial flavors, sweeteners or calories in March 2019, to offer consumers healthier snack and beverage products.
- PepsiCo, General Mills, and Mondelez have begun the conversation to acquire Nutrimental. Company with a revenue of $300 Million and are planning for a sale around $1 billion.
The consumption of snack is considerably increasing constantly due to change in lifestyle and eating habits of the people in South America. The snack producing companies have a good scope in a developing country like Chile, Ethiopia, and Brazil. Major players are continuously producing various snack products due to cut-throat competition and people are moving towards consumption of such products and increasing the demand in the market. However, creating a healthier food environment is very important in the lifestyle that people live in.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Natural Flavors Market: By Type (Natural flavoring substances, Nature-Identical Flavoring substances); By Form (Liquid, Powder); By Application (Bakery, Confectionary) & By Region - Forecast (2018 - 2025)
Food Inclusions Market: By Product(cereals inclusion, biscuit inclusion, confectionary inclusion, fruit inclusion, flavored sugar inclusion) By Application (beverages, confectionary, bakery, snacks, dairy, frozen foods); By Form (solid, semi-solid, liquids); By Flavor (fruit, savory, dairy, chocolate & caramel); By Geography - Forecast(2018-2023)
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights into the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to supporting the client to be able to better address customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)