Powdered Milk market was valued at a range of $10.0Bn - $10.4Bn in 2018, and it is estimated to grow with a CAGR of about 2.5%-3.5% during the forecast period 2019-2025. Much of the traction is owing to the benefits of powdered milk over liquid milk in terms of transportation and preservation or longer shelf life. The information is extracted from a new business intelligence report of IndustryARC, titled:
Powdered Milk Market: By Source (Animal, Trees, Others); By Fat Content (Skim Milk Powder, Whole Milk Powder, others); By Packing (Paper bags, tins, containers); By Application (Household, Industry, Medical, others); By Geography – Forecast (2019-2025)
Browse 65 Market Tables, 177 Figures spread through 142 slides and an in-depth TOC “
Powdered Milk Market (2018 - 2023)”
Powdered Milk Market Product Analysis:
Powdered Milk is a perfect substitute for fresh milk, also known as dried milk. It is mainly manufactured by a list of authorities named as The American Dairy Products Institute, The International Dairy Federation, The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, and National Food authorities in individual countries. This nutritional product offers essential nutrients, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and vitamins which are helpful to promote cellular growth, stimulate the immune system, aid blood clotting, to absorb calcium and so on.
Powdered milk is processed through a spray drying process which enhances the biological availability of protein. It has become an important part of household needs as a whitener for tea and coffee, and as an ingredient in cooking, baking, and drinking as well. Skimmed milk, whole milk, nonfat dry milk are the different types of powdered milk which differs based on their fat content. The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends pasteurized milk for pregnant women as it controls bacterial growth, which is safer for their babies as well. Ultra-high temperature (UHT) milk involves a special pasteurization and packaging process and provides long shelf life. Dried milk powder such as dry buttermilk powder is utilized as a key ingredient in some formulations, particularly in food and beverage products.
Powdered Milk Market Companies: Latest Developments
- Nestle, Danone, Lactalis International, Frieslandcampina, Fonterra, Dean Foods, Arla Foods, Dairy Farmers Of America, Kraft Foods, Saputo, Parmalat are some of the major players operating in the powdered milk market.
- In 2018, Nestle, one of the leaders in the global leaders in food and beverage products marketplace, launched an organic milk powder product named NIDO in China. This product was introduced to meet the increasing demand of organic dairy product in the world’s most populous country. It specially formulated powdered milk beverages for children, as they provide necessary minerals, and vitamins in a single cup. In April 2018, Nestle inaugurated a new production facility for Nido fortified powdered milk in Cameroon which has an annual production capacity of more than 5,500 tons. Nestle promoted its baby milk powder as healthier in Hong Kong, as they are vanilla flavor free products.
- In 2019, Thompson & Grace Pharmaceuticals Limited (T & G Pharma), a primary pharmaceutical company has launched Valio milk powder, which is a lactose free milk powder in Nigeria. This product is recommended for people from age one and above.
Powdered Milk Market Segment Analysis:
- Whole milk segment is leading with a major share in the powdered milk market, estimated to grow at a CAGR of 1.5%-2.5% during the forecast period 2019 - 2025. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations projections, whole milk powder is growing at 1.27% during the estimated period 2018-2027. Worldwide whole milk powder production is estimated to be 6,346 kilo tons by 2027. Due to the preference of this powdered milk among others is boosting the growth of whole milk in the powdered milk market.
- On the basis of the geographical analysis, Europe occupies a large share that is about 30%-33% among other regions in the powdered milk market.
Powdered milk is a viable alternative for regular milk. Emerging whole milk is estimated to propel the continuous demand for powdered milk market. Wide range applications of powdered milk in food and beverage industry is projected to drive the growth of powdered milk market during the forecast period 2019-2025.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Dairy Products Market: By Product (Milk, Cheese, Butter, Yogurt, Milk Powder, Sour Milk); By Duration (Fresh, Long-life); By Distributional Channel (Supermarkets/hypermarkets, Discounters, Convenience stores, Departmental Stores) & By Geography - Forecast (2017-2022)
Dairy Alternative (Beverage) Market: By Type (Cereal-Based, Nut-Based, Seed-Based); By Formulation (Plain, Flavored); By Category (Organic, Non-Organic); By Distribution Channel & By Geography - Forecast (2018-2023)
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications of the Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights into the constant flux in the global demand-supply gap of markets. Our strong analyst team enables us to meet the client research needs at a very quick speed with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to supporting the client to be able to better address customer needs; stay ahead in the market; become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Mr. Venkateshwar Reddy
Business Development Manager
Contact Sales: 1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)