Global Weed Control Market Outlook
Eradicating weeds is essential for the natural environment, as they threaten native plants and animals as well as being accountable for choking our natural system including forests and rivers, thereby destroying the natural habitat. Optimizing the productivity in the agricultural field is prominent and implementation of weed control products and industrial weed control methods are capable of removing unwanted plants and safeguard the growth of cultivated plants, fields, and other ornamental plantation. The importance of this has bolstered the demands in the weed control market. As per the IndustryARC market research report, the global weed control market size was valued at $28.2 billion as of 2018. And the market value is estimated increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 3.5% through the forecast period of 2019 to 2025.
Global Weed Control Market: Leading Segments
By region, the APAC conquered the global weed control demands in 2018 with 32% of the total market share. The APAC is responsible to acquire the largest market share because the region homes a few of the largest agriculture-based countries including India, China, and Australia in the Pacific region. The increasing number of cultivators is anticipated to subsequently benefit the adjacent weed control market in the near future.
By approach, the chemical herbicides are the most profitable application for the global weed control market, incrementing at a global CAGR of 3% during the aforementioned forecast period. The catapulted demands for food owing to the increasing population has forced the cultivators to increase their production. This urgency to cater the global food demands is estimated to induce profits in the weed control market.
Global Weed Control Market Demand Analysis
Weed control is the biological component of pest control which is applied to purge from noxious or injurious weeds. Production of such weeds reduces the overall productivity and quality of the crop. Some of the most appropriate approaches to prevent the cultivation of weed includes buried drip irrigation, stale seedbed, and crop rotation methods. According to the National Centre for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), [KK2] losses in yielding crops have been anticipated to reach 9% of the total desired crop cultivation. This further leads to annual economic losses of worth $27 billion and $3.2 billion in the U.S. and U.K. respectively. Moreover, the United Nation [KK3] states that the world population is roughly increasing at the pace of 83 million people annually, which further indicates that the world population is projected to reach 9.8 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in the year 2100. Such circumstances will need adequate resources to cater to world food demands. With limited arable land, the emergence of increasing productivity is paramount, which further will contribute huge profits in the weed control market. [JA4]
Global Weed Control Market Trends
· Autonomous Weeding Robots: Traditional weeding methods involves hand spraying herbicides which lacks efficiency. Several robotics companies are adamant in improving farming techniques with the help of technology. The company Ecorobotix[KK5] developed one innovative, autonomous, and economical weeding robot. The robot can be deployed to the field where it searches for density portions of weeds and accordingly applies herbicides to the required region. Also, the robot does not need human monitoring and it extracts energy from the solar panels installed on the top of the machine. Such developments are presumed to improve the crop cultivation and will induce enormous profits in the global weed control market.
· Organic Weed Control: Exhausted application of chemical-based weed killers are known to damage the natural ecosystem. These chemical-based weed control products remain in the soil and find their way into the groundwater subsequently downgrading the quality of soil and groundwater which potentially affect the health of humans and animals attached to it. To control this situation, numerous methods are being used such as topping, mulching, and careful cultivation. Introduction of such processes will be accountable for sustainable growth in the weed control market.
Global Weed Control Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the key companies identified in the report that are currently holding majority shares in the weed control market are BASF SE, Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd., Bayer crop science AG, Dow chemical company, Drexel Chemical Company, Dupont Company, FMC Corporation, Monsanto Company, Nissan Chemical Industries LTD, Nufarm Limited, Rotam Crop Sciences Ltd., Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences Corporation.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
A. Herbicides Market
What can you expect from the report?
The global weed control market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a quote, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2: [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.