Gaining traction from newer possibilities with the combination of IIoT and Robotics, the global warehouse robotics market is poised for fruitful returns, according to a newly published business report from IndustryARC. The analyst of the report has evaluated the global warehouse robotics market to be worth $2.79 billion as of 2018, and projected the demand to increment at a notable compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.46% over the course of 2019 to 2025. The report is titled “
Warehouse Robotics Market: By Robot Type(Fixed, Mobile); By System Type (Knapp Open Shuttle, Locus Robotics System, Fetch Robotics Freight, Scallog System, Swisslog CarryPick ); By Function (Goods Consolidation & Distribution, Order Fulfilment); By Components (PLC, Micro-controller, Actuators, Others); By End User (Manufacturing, Retail Distribution. Others); By Geography - Forecast (2019-2025)
Global Warehouse Robotics Market: Demand Analysis
Cainiao, the logistics arm of Alibaba, claims to have the largest population of mobile robots in China. There are more than 100 automated guided vehicles in the warehouse, which occupies approximately 3,000 square meters, a clear indication of expanding warehouse robotics marketplace in the country. Cainiao caters to same-day and next-day delivery services to more than 1,000 regions in China. On placing an order on Alibaba’s Tmall shopping site, an Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) is activated in its Huiyang warehouse. The AGV traces an ordered item in the warehouse and transports it to a human warehouse assistant, who then assembles and ships the orders to the customers.
Taking this as an example, most companies are compelled to change how they operate their storage and logistics, in order to efficiently complete the next-day delivery cycle. To aid such companies, in 2018, Honeywell collaborated with Carnegie Mellon University to advance artificial intelligence and robotic technologies to help warehouses address the rising demands of e-commerce.
Warehouse Robotics Market Leveraging Cognitive Automation
The warehouse represents the substantial cost center of the company. Perpetually delivering high service at low cost is the real challenge in the e-commerce marketplace. Automation provides lucrative solutions to meet market needs, such as space saving and improved productivity. The industry has witnessed a migration away from the warehouse-based stockpiling of supplies to high-velocity operations; pushing more products through the same physical assets while bringing down the overall cost. Manifested as distribution centers rather than warehouses, are now an imperative component of the supply chain infrastructure, which provides strategic facilities to offer competitive advantages.
Cognitive automation solutions mimic the way humans think. This means it uses technologies such as natural language processing, image processing, pattern recognition, and—most importantly—contextual analysis to make more instinctual leaps, perceptions, and conclusions.
Global Warehouse Robotics Market: Key Consumers
- Retail giants such as Amazon, with a vision of delivering packages within 30 minutes are already significantly automated, with a growing number of centers using Kiva robots. Now, it plans to automate the process of picking items from the shelves. According to a member of Amazon Picking Challenge (APC), "Recent developments in robotics have the potential of substantially increasing the degree of automation in warehouse logistics and order fulfillment in the near future." However, according to Peter Wurman, the technical co-founder of Amazon-owned Kiva Systems, the Amazon Robotics is still in need of substantial “scientific progress”, before picking is automated, as the current software is not efficient enough to build robotic hands and create motions.
- To adapt to variable demands, automation requires evolution beyond the capabilities of simple automation. The need of eliminating the risk of damaged expired, or lost products, slow processing, and other inefficiencies and productivity challenges grow. Technologies inherent in Industry 4.0 such as computer vision, augmented reality, IIoT, gesture recognition, deep learning, and other cognitive solutions clubbed with robots can lead to smart warehouse automation. The major impact of Industry 4.0 on warehouses is on the business operations, where the primary objective is to improve productivity, reduce risk by eliminating delays and response time, ensure maximum asset consumption and minimum downtime, and automate activities.
- Safety augmentation is a critical parameter of robot actuation and sensors, facilitating automated technologies to operate in the human-robot work environment. Embedded sensors automatically detect a human presence in their zone and quickly adjust the robot’s activity to ensure human safety. Thus, letting humans and robots work in collaboration.
- The impact of cognitive automation along with industry 4.0 technologies on warehouses can create effective facilities. It is essential for decision-makers to proactively evaluate the impact of distribution trends along with the probable benefits of automating facilities. This will allow the executives to effectively plan to meet the business objectives in a field that is set to change rapidly over the next decade.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Industry 4.0 Market
Industrial Robotics Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Warehouse Robotics market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue &Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected]
to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a quote, provide your details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.