Owing to the huge requirement of
advanced data solution, the silicone photonic market is gaining traction
globally. Additionally, the growing requirement of high-speed data transfer and
data transfer capacity is augmenting the demand for silicon photonics. The
analyst of IndustryARC has valued the global silicon photonics market at $774.15
million as of 2018, and the demand is projected to grow substantially at a
compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.90% during the forecast period of 2019
The IndustryARC’s latest market research report is titled “Silicon Photonics Market: By Type (Optical Modulators, Multiplexers, Wdm Filters, Photonic Ic, Photo Detectors, Optical Interconnects & Others); By Application & By Geography - Forecast (2019 - 2025)”. The report also documents that telecommunication will be the backbone of the global silicon photonics market in the future.
Global Silicon Photonics Market: Demand Analysis
Silicon photonics is an evolving technology that transfers the data by optical rays and is mostly used by the most fiber optic telecommunication systems. The silicon that is on the topmost layer of silica is known as silicon on insulator (SOI). The propagation of light through silicon is managed by two-photon absorption. Many electronics manufacturers such as IBM and Intel have been doing research on silicone photonic for a decade.
Global Silicon Photonics Market: Leading Segments
North America dominates the global silicon photonics market owing to higher usage of standard semiconductor fabrication by the consumers. Due to this, the demand for complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) trend has increased the demand for silicon photonics. North America contributed the largest demand share of 29.24% in 2018. The investment in entrepreneurship in North America has had a huge impact on the growth and the development in the silicon photonics market.
The perceptible increase in the demand for low-cost optoelectronic solutions from telecommunication has led to an increase in the silicon photonics market revenue in North America. However, with the sustained growth, the application CAGR of silicon photonics market in data centers is 28.37% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. The need for high-speed connectivity is driving growth for data center traffic between servers and switches.
Global Silicon Photonics Market: Disruptive Trends and Growth Drivers
· Intel in 2017 had initiated an approach towards silicon photonics that all the functionalities need for 100G transmitter that can be integrated on a single silicon die. This was possible by the unique hybrid laser and resulted in the most significant way in the product cost and manufacturability.
· In future 5G will drive capacity and speed to the users with a significant reduction in latency, such a speed will roughly be twice as fast as 4G, which will eventually, make real-time interactions easier by people that are only just imagined.
· According to IBM, it is assumed that Internet of Everything (IoE) applications will continue to be stored, propagated and managed increasingly through data centers. The substantial growth in big data and analytics tools will continue to have strategic and tactical decision-making practices.
· There has been immense growth in high-bandwidth that the data centers have adopted. The large scale data centers have started to adopt optical transmission technologies. Due to this, the trend for onboard silicone photonics with 2.5D integration is being increasingly adopted. This has positively impacted the silicon photonics market.
· Coherent transceivers have evolved in recent times in the silicon photonics market from LiNbO3 (lithium niobate) and GaAs (gallium arsenide) modulators with InP (indium phosphide) and silica PLC (planar lightwave circuit) to single chip silicon photonics.
Some of the key companies identified in the report that are currently holding majority shares in the global silicon photonics market are Acacia, Luxtera, Intel, Cisco, Mellanox, Finisar, STMicroelectronics, Hamamatsu, IBM, Juniper, GlobalFoundries, Broadcom, Oclaro, NeoPhotonics, and Ciena.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Integrated Circuit (IC) & Quantum Computing Market
What can you expect from the
The silicone photonics market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
To request for a quote, provide your
details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2: [email protected]
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.