Global Quantum Dots Market Demand Propelled by QLED Technology
Increasing demand for smart TVs,
laptops, high-end cameras, smartphones, and optimized devices with better
performance are the key drivers of the quantum dots market. The need to
reduce the semiconductor material to quantum dot level with light wavelength
material has augmented demand for quantum dots. As per the evaluations of a newly released business intelligence report by IndustryARC, the global quantum dots market value stood at $2.76 billion as of 2018, and the demand will subjugate at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.34% during
the forecast period of 2019 to 2025.
The IndustryARC’s latest research report
is titled “
Quantum Dots Market: By Application (Solid State Lighting, Solar
Cells, Others), By Geography (Americas, Europe, APAC and ROW), Analysis and
Forecast (2019-2025)”. The report also documents that despite a few disadvantages, the quantum dots market has captured the attention of all the major end users.
Quantum Dots Market: Demand Analysis
Quantum dots are semiconductors having nanoparticles that differ from larger LED particles. QDs pursue potential applications such as quantum computing and medical imaging. Quantum dots have revolutionized the pharmaceutical sector too. Many a time, QDs are also referred to as artificial atoms. Self-assembled quantum dots nucleate spontaneously under certain conditions during molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) and metallorganic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE).
Global Quantum Dots Market:
APAC had the largest share of the global quantum dots market in 2018 owing to the increasing investments by the companies and the demand for nanotechnology across various sectors. At 46.37%, APAC held the highest regional quantum dots market demand share as of 2018, which is almost equivalent to the half of the rest of the world’s (RoW) share. Moreover, emerging countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea are investing more in producing energy-efficient displays, which will further add to the revenue avenues from the region.
Furthermore, displays and solar cells have been identified as the key application segments in the quantum dots market by the IndustryARC’s analysts. The estimated opportunities for the growth in this application is estimated to observe an impressive CAGR of 31.39% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025.
Global Quantum Dots Market:
Disruptive Trends and Growth Drivers
· Currently, Samsung’s QLED is using quantum dots. It is a thin layer of quantum dots in front of blue LEDs. That blue light energy is used to make red and green quantum dots glow. However, quantum dots colors are easily tunable, TV manufacturers are now ready to create ultra-deep colors and HDR.
· There is an evolution from Cd-based to Cd-free quantum dots material composition. This transformation was made by government intervention. It was empowered by quantum yield (QY), full width half maximum (FWHM), cost and stability of InP based QDs.
· The rising demand for consumer electronics in the market such as mobile phones, laptops, and tablets are increasing the demand for display devices due to which the global quantum dots market is growing.
· Carbon dots is the new series of fluorescent nanomaterials that have been drawing huge attention in recent times. Chitosan is used as a raw material for the carbon quantum dots for its biocompatibility. It is observed that the synthesis pathway is enabled obtaining chitosan-based quantum dots with a high potential in biomedical applications.
Global Quantum Dots Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the key companies identified in the report that is currently holding a majority shares in the global quantum dots market are QD Vision, Nanoco Group, Evident, InVisage Technologies,? Sigma-Aldrich, Quantum Material Corporation, Nanosys Inc, NN-LABS LLC, NN-Labs, and Ocean NanoTech.
Talk to one of our sales representative
about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
What can you expect from the
The quantum dots market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories
& Application 11. Demand
Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide
customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize
the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual
subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be
discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting
To request for a quote, provide your
details in the below link:
Mr. Venkat Reddy
Email 1: [email protected]
Or Email 2:
Contact Sales: +1-614-588-8538
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is
a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually,
in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation &
Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food
and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.