The global plant extract market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Phytochemicals are estimated to grow at the fastest rate of 10.7% during the forecast period. The growing awareness among the consumers regarding the health benefits and efficacy of naturally derived products is raising the market demand.
What is a Plant Extract?
A plant extract is a substance or an active with desirable properties that is removed from the tissue of a plant, usually by treating it with a solvent, to be used for a particular purpose. Extracts may be used in various sectors of activities : Food and functional properties for foodstuffs (antioxidant, texturizer, etc…), Processing aids, additives – chemical replacers, pharmaceutical for therapeutic properties - preventive and/or curative – cosmetic for functional properties for beauty and well-being, etc Most common are Water, Ethanol, Ethyl acetate, CO2, Methanol, Aceton, Acetic acid, Hexane… the choice of the solvent will impact on the yield of extraction (acquaintance with the targeted actives)Because of the advancements made in extraction methods, new medicinal properties have been discovered, and the set of active molecules in the plant are being better and better preserved.
What are the applications of Plant Extracts?
medicinal plants as an alternative for cancer prevention and treatment; using the antifeedant and repellent effects of plant extracts in the protection of plants and human health; essential oils and extracts of medicinal plants in the control of diseases in plants; herbal therapies for dermatological disorders; polyphenols as a source of antimicrobial agents against human pathogens; and new trends in plant extract use for food-borne pathogenic bacterial control. The main substance of the tea polyphenols can inhibit lipid peroxidation in the skin, and its anti-aging effect is better than that of vitamin E, which is an important position in the cosmetics market.
Market Research and Market Trends of Oilfield Biocides and Bio solvents:
- Food and drink companies have been incorporating natural ingredients into the products to meet the consumer demands. The consumers are seeking for products which are free from chemical preservatives and additives. Hence, companies are finding natural alternatives to replace the chemical ones. They are trying to manufacture preservatives using plant extract that would slow down the lipid oxidation and extend the shelf life.
- Currently, the focus of the consumers is shifting on the use of plant based medicines. Several manufactures are using whole-plan extract to formulate oral medicines with a coconut-derived carrier oil. Companies in the United States are manufacturing plant derived cannabis oil for seizure treatment. An FDA approval of the oral drug would make this the first plant-derived cannabidiol medicine of any kind of use in the United States.
Who are the Major Players in Plant Extract Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Naturex SA (France), Indena SpA (Italy), Martin Bauer GmbH &Co. KG (Germany), Linnea SA (Switzerland) and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.