The aircraft seating material market is witnessing a healthy growth owing to the increasing number of carriers and their continuous efforts to upgrade and increase further the number of their fleet. The aircraft seating market is estimated to be worth $111 million in 2017 and is anticipated to further grow at a CAGR of 3.9%. The common seating features such as comfort, durability, ease of cleaning are combined with the needs of aircraft to keep it light weight and strong at the same time. The North American region generated revenues worth $29 million in 2017 and would witness a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period 2017-2023.
What is Aircraft Seat Material?
Aircraft Seating Materials are the components used to build the seating arrangement for comfortable passenger accommodation in the flight. Different types of material such as polyester, nylon, artificial leather, wool are been used to make the seat cover and are filled with various cushion materials such as neoprene, silicon, Polyethylene, Fire-Blocking Textile, Plastazote, Ethafoam to make the seat comfortable. These materials impact on the fuel consumption during the flight, so careful selection is required without compromising the passenger comfort.
What are the applications of Aircraft Seat Material?
Aircraft seat materials have high durability, lighter weight and several other factors. These alloys reduce the weight of the aircraft significantly, with comparatively better parameters including temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and so on. The materials selection decisions should include the materials sustainability indicators and also the sustainability indicators of economic and social dimensions, taking into account how they influence the product in all life cycle phases. Considering environmental issues, materials selection for aeronautical interiors must also include indicators related to how toxic substances impact humans and the environment, as well as the pollution caused by product disposal at the end of the life cycle. These complex human safety and environmental issues have to meet chemical product restrictions and regulations for the disposal of products.
Market Research and Market Trends of Aircraft Seat Material Ecosystem
- The leading commercial aircraft manufacturers are shifting towards eco-design practices and guides that normally emphasize environmental conservation efforts by the optimizing use of natural resources, water, energy and materials, in addition to minimizing waste production.
- Aircraft seat manufacturing experts also have to consider the reduction or elimination of materials used for building aircrafts or support during the production processes that include intrinsically toxic properties, which are hazardous to health and safety of passengers, and to the environment.
- Sustainable concepts, manufacturing technologies and materials such as DOW ETHAFOAM Packaging Products, Plastazote, etc. for aircraft interiors have been developed.
- Non-petroleum based open cell silicone foam is the latest innovation for aircraft seating material. It referred to as “MFX”, the new low-density cushion maintains thickness, firmness, and comfort of the seat while having a potential life span of up to three times of traditional polymeric foam.
- Airlines seat manufacturers are incorporating a hybrid approach in making seating fixtures by using a layering combination of materials to deliver the durability but most importantly, the comfort, which passengers demand of.
Who are the Major Players in Aircraft Seat Material market?
The companies profiled in the report include ZIM FLUGSITZ GMBH, Thompson Aero Seating Ltd., TSI Aviation Seats, HAECO Americas, B/E Aerospace, ZODIAC AEROSPACE SA, Thales Group, EXPLISEAT SAS, Ki Holdings Co., Ltd.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.