RTLS in Sports Market Overview
Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) are opted to track the location of objects, assets, or individuals in real time monitoring. This is done by embedding tags to the object being tracked. The signals sent by the tags are received by fixed receivers or readers to identify the location. The major applications of RTLS in the sports industry include asset tracking, player training tracking, and player in game tracking. The RTLS in Sports Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 14.7% during the forecast period 2018–2024. APAC is projected to be the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 24%.
RTLS in Sports Market Outlook
According to the IndustryARC findings, in the application segment of the RTLS in Sports Market, game player tracking held the highest market share in 2017 and is poised to continue as the largest application segment throughout the forecast period 2018-2024. Americas accounted for the largest share in the RTLS in Sports Market for the game tracking application. It held 48.01% share in 2017 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 21.8% during the forecast period.
RTLS in Sports Market Growth Drivers
The growth of the RTLS in sports market is being fuelled by the growing demand for data analytics in the sports industry as sports organizations look to market the game in new ways and get the sport closer to the viewers. Additionally, large-scale investments in sports media and broadcasting are spurring the adoption of RTLS in the sports industry. Sports teams around the world are adopting several RTLS equipment in order to train the individuals and track their on-field performance.
RTLS in Sports Market Challenges
Despite strong growth factors, the market for RTLS is experiencing challenges in the form of huge investments that are required to develop RTLS technologies. This is majorly impacting the emergence of new players in the market. Less competition among the market players always results in higher prices of the products.
RTLS in Sports Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the RTLS in Sports Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats.
RTLS in Sports Market Report: Industry Coverage
By Component — Tags, Software, Sensors, & services
By Technology — Passive RFID & Active RFID consisting of Bluetooth, GPS, Ultra Wideband, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, and others
By Application — Player training tracking, in-game player tracking, and asset tracking
The RTLS in Sports Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- The Americas: The U.S., Canada, Mexico, Others
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, France, Russia, Others
- APAC: Japan, China, Australia, South East Asia, Others Rest of the World: The Middle East and Africa
RTLS in Sports Market Key Players
Some of the key players mentioned in this report are PLUS Location Systems (U.S.), Tracktio (Spain), Quuppa (Finland), Q-Track Corporation (U.S.), IDOLINK Co., Ltd. (South Korea), and others.
RTLS in Sports Market Trends
- In September 2018, Zebra Technologies received a major breakthrough when it became the official on-field tracking provider for the National Football League (NFL). Zebra technologies is using RFID technology for on-field tracking of the players.
- STATSports, a leader in sports GPS technologies, has partnered with the Australian Football Team, Socceroos, for player workload management and injury rehabilitation programs.
- The United States Soccer Federation has made STATSports as the official on-field performance monitoring device supplier in March 2018. It is claimed to be the biggest GPS partnership in the world as the company agreed to supply 6,500 of its Apex GPS tracking devices.
Key Questions Addressed in the RTLS in Sports Market Report
1. Is the market for RTLS in sports growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
3. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
4. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
5. What is the current status of the RTLS in Sports Market in different countries?
6. Which are the major relevant product segments within RTLS?
7. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
9. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market?
10. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
11. What are the recent innovations in the market?
12. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
13. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
14. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of RTLS in the sports industry?
15. What is our Vision 2030 for the RTLS in Sports Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and give the forecast for current and future of RTLS during the forecast period 2018–2023
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The RTLS in Sports Market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017/2018.
The RTLS in Sports Market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The RTLS in Sports Market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The RTLS in Sports Market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The RTLS in Sports Market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The RTLS in Sports Market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The RTLS in Sports Market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
The RTLS in Sports Market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
The RTLS in Sports Market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.
1. RTLS in Sports Market – Market Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. RTLS in Sports Market – Executive Summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by Type of Application
2.3. Key Trends Segmented by Geography
3. RTLS in Sports Market – Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking – Top 10 Companies
3.2.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.2.3. Market Value Split by Top 10 Companies
3.2.4. Patent Analysis – Top 10 Companies
4. RTLS in Sports Market — Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints and Challenges
4.3. Attractiveness of the market
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Customers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Degree of Competition
5. RTLS in Sports Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product Life Cycle/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. RTLS in Sports Market – By Component (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
6.1. Segment Type Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend by Component
6.3. Product Segment Analysis by Component
7. RTLS in Sports Market – By Technology (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
7.1. Segment Type Size and Market Share Analysis
7.2. Application Revenue and Trend by Component
7.3. Product Segment Analysis by Component
7.3.1. Active RFID
7.3.2. Passive RFID/UHF
7.3.5. UWB (Ultra Wide Band)
8. RTLS in Sports Market – By Application (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
8.1. Segment Type Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trends by Application Type
8.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
8.3.1. Player Training Tracking
8.3.2. In Game Player Tracking
8.3.3. Asset Tracking
9. RTLS in Sports Market – By Geography (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.1. RTLS in Sports – Americas Segment Research
9.2. Americas Market Research (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.2.2. Revenue and Trends
9.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
9.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.2.5. Americas Product type and Application Market Size
9.3. RTLS in Sports - Europe Segment Research
9.4. Europe Market Research (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.4.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.4.2. Revenue and Trends
9.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.4.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
9.5. RTLS in Sports – APAC Segment Research
9.6. APAC Market Research (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.6.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.6.2. Revenue and Trends
9.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
9.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.6.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. South East Asia
9.7. RTLS in Sports – RoW Segment Research
9.8. RoW Market Research (Market Size – $Million/$Billion)
9.8.1. Segment Type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.8.2. Revenue and Trends
9.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by Type of Application
9.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.8.5. RoW Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Middle East
10. RTLS in Sports Market — Market Entropy
10.1. New Product Launches
10.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
11. RTLS in Sports Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape
11.1. Market Share Analysis
11.2. Best Practices for Companies
12. RTLS in Sports Market Company Analysis
12.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&As, Developments
12.1.1. PLUS Location Systems
12.1.4. Q-Track Corporation
12.1.5. IDOLINK Co., Ltd.
12.1.6. Chyronhego (ZXY Tracking)
12.1.8. Kinexon-Precision Technologies
12.1.10. Catapult Sports
12.1.11. Zebra Technologies Corporation
12.1.12. Company 12
12.1.13. Company 13 and more
"*Financials of private companies will be provided on a best-efforts basis"
13. RTLS in Sports Market – Appendix
14. RTLS in Sports Market – Research Methodology
14.1. Research Methodology
14.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
14.1.2. Industry Databases
14.1.4. Company News
14.1.5. Company Annual Reports
14.1.6. Application Trends
14.1.7. New Products and Product Database
14.1.8. Company Transcripts
14.1.9. R&D Trends
14.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
14.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends
List of Tables
Table 1 Sample: Fuel Tank Inerting Systems Market Competitor Analysis
List of Figures
Figure1 GEOGRAPHY – MARKET DATA
Figure2 BY TECHNOLOGY – MARKET DATA
Figure3 RTLS in Sports Market Share, By Key Players, 2018 (%)
Figure4 RTLS in Sports Granted Patents, 2014-2018
Figure5 Factors Power of Suppliers
Figure6 Factors Affecting the Power of Customers
Figure7 Adoption of Goal Line Technology in Europe
Figure8 Global RTLS Market Value Chain
Figure9 Tags: RTLS in Sports Market, By Component, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure10 Software: RTLS in Sports Market, By Component, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure11 Sensors: RTLS in Sports Market, By Component, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure12 Services: RTLS in Sports Market, By Component, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure13 Active RFID: RTLS in Sports Market, By Technology, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure14 Bluetooth: RTLS in Sports Market, By Active RFID, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure15 GPS: RTLS in Sports Market, By Active RFID, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure16 Ultra-Wideband: RTLS in Sports Market, By Active RFID, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure17 WI-FI: RTLS in Sports Market, By Active RFID, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure18 Zigbee: RTLS in Sports Market, By Active RFID, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure19 Others: RTLS in Sports Market, By Active RFID, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure20 Passive RFID: RTLS in Sports Market, By Technology, 2018-2024 ($M)
Figure21 RTLS in Sports Market Growth Rate - By Application, 2018-2024 (%)
Figure22 RTLS in Sports Market CAGR, By Country, 2018–2024 (%)
Figure23 RTLS in Sports Market CAGR, By Country, 2018–2024 (%)
Figure24 RTLS in Sports Market, CAGR, By Country, 2018–2024 (%)
Figure25 RTLS in Sports Market, CAGR, By Country, 2018–2024 (%)
Figure26 RTLS in Sports Market Development Share, By Strategies, 2014–2018* (%)