Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Overview:
Global Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market is anticipated to reach $3.2 billion by 2020. Sheet Molding Compounds are fiber reinforced polyester or vinylester materials. These are manufactured by the dispersion of long strands of chopped fiber (glass fibers or carbon fibers) on a bath of thermoset resin (polyester resin or vinyl ester resin or epoxy resin). Sheet Molding Compounds are compression molding compounds which are often used in the parts where higher mechanical strength is needed. Sheet Molding Compounds are a mixture of polymer resins, inert fillers, fiber reinforcements, catalysts, pigments and stabilizers, release agents, and thickeners. These possess strong dielectric properties. Bulk Molding Compounds are highly filled and reinforced with short fibers. Bulk molding compounds are glass-fiber reinforced thermoset polyester or vinylester materials. Bulk Molding Compounds are produced by mixing strands of chopped glass fibers with a thermoset resin (polyester resin or vinyl ester resin or epoxy resin). They are a thermoset plastic resin blends of various inert fillers, fiber reinforcements, catalysts, stabilizers, and pigments.
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Outlook:
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds are used in many end-user industries. In the automotive industry, Sheet-molding compounds are used in hoods, deck-lids, bonnets and front ends. Bulk-molding compounds are used in ignition parts, headlight liners and valve covers. They are of glass fiber type and carbon fiber type. Increase in the demand for fuel-efficient vehicles is also the main factor for the growth of the Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market. These have good corrosion resistance, high rigidity, good fire & flame resistance, good electrical insulation.
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market report comprises of pricing analysis for different grades of Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds used. The price of Sheet Molding Compounds is expected to reach $900 per ton and the price of Bulk Molding Compounds is expected to reach around $700 per ton by 2022.
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Growth Drivers: One of the major factors boosting the Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Market is the usage of these materials in the transportation industry owing to their lightweight and good mechanical properties. The increase in the urbanization is also driving the global market.
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Challenges: One of the main challenges in this market is the fluctuation of the prices of raw materials. The main raw materials for the production of sheet molding and bulk molding compounds are the polyester resin and vinyl ester resin. Any change in these raw materials’ prices will affect the total supply chain of the industries.
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds market and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Report: Industry Coverage
Types of Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds: Glass Fiber or Carbon Fiber reinforced with polyester or epoxy or vinylester resin.
Applications of Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds: These are mainly used in injection molding and compression molding. Sheet molding & bulk molding compounds have various properties like strong di-electric properties, good corrosion resistance, high rigidity and good flame resistance. Owing to these properties, they are used in various end-user industries like transportation, aerospace, electrical & electronics, home appliances and construction industry.
The Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- The Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the key players mentioned in this report are DI Composites International, Menzolit, Continental Structural Plastics, Core Molding Technologies, Koninklijke Ten Cate BV., Citadel Plastics Holding Inc., and Showa Denko K.K. among others.
Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds Market Trends:
- According to the Americal Association for Cancer Research, treatment combining the Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds and a short-term romidepsin will lead to a decrease in the mitochondrial hexokinase 2 and apoptosis in the cancer cells. This research is paving a path for the usage of Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds also in the cancer treatment.
- In a new research done by the Federal University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds was proven highly effective against feline Sporothrix brasiliensis isolates when compared to the Itraconazole. As Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds have a strong activity against feline S. brasiliensis isolates, this suggests that Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds is potentially a new replacement drug for the treatment of feline sporotrichosis.
- In another research by the Silpakorn University, Thailand, new micelles have been developed using Sheet Molding & Bulk Molding Compounds loaded N-naphthyl-N, O-succinyl chitosan (NSCS) which is used as an alternative for oral candidiasis treatment.
- January 2017: Bayer Animal Health had acquired the Cydectin in the US from Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. This acquisition intends to strengthen the antiparasitics portfolio in the US along with the endectocides.