Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market Overview
Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market size is estimated to reach $568.2 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Alpha 2-antiplasmin (or α2-antiplasmin or plasmin inhibitor) is a serine protease inhibitor (serpin) accountable for subduing plasmin. Plasmin is a significant enzyme that takes part in fibrinolysis and deterioration of different additional proteins. This protein is encrypted by the SERPINF2 gene. Alpha2-plasmin inhibitor (a2-PI), also termed alpha2-antiplasmin, is a single-chain glycoprotein (Holmes et al., 1987). α-2 Antiplasmin is a single-chain glycoprotein with changing molecular mass between 60 kDa and 70 kDa. Alpha-2 antiplasmin (AP), the principal physiologic plasmin inhibitor in mammalian plasma, is a 70 kDa single-chain serpin (serine proteinase inhibitor) with reactive site peptide bond Arg–Met. It restricts plasmin at breakneck speed succeeding formation of an inactive 1:1 stoichiometric complex. There are two most important inhibitors of the fibrinolytic system: alpha 2 plasmin inhibitor (α-2 antiplasmin) and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1). Bleeding episodes respond to the dispensation of antifibrinolytic agents, like epsilon aminocaproic or tranexamic acid. Alpha-2-antiplasmin (a-2-AP) and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) are important inhibitors of the fibrinolytic system. Plasma a-2-AP and PAI-1 concentrations have been evaluated by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) in investigations pertaining to patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA).
The increasing predominance of cardiovascular diseases in developed and
developing countries is set to drive the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market. The technological
progress in the healthcare sector and the increase in the count of metabolic
syndrome that raises the hazard of stroke and leads to increased blood
pressure, and continued non-stop bleeding with bleeding episodes responding to the distribution of antifibrinolytic agents, like epsilon aminocaproic or
tranexamic acid is set to propel the growth of the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market
during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin
The report: “Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market Forecast
(2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following
segments of the Alpha-2
By Forms: Plasminogen -Binding, Non-Plasminogen Binding.
By Diagnostic Laboratories: Enzyme-Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA), Immunohistochemistry – Frozen (IHC-F), Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin (IHC-P), Flow Cytometry.
By End User: Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic laboratories, Private Laboratories, Others.
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Rest of South America), and Rest Of The World (Middle East, Africa).
- Geographically, North America Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the increase in the count of unique bleeding ailments and their rising predominance amidst patients where bleeding episodes respond to the allocation of antifibrinolytic agents, like epsilon aminocaproic or tranexamic acid in the North American region.
- Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market growth is being driven by the intensification and progress in coagulation testing routines. However, the soaring development costs and requirement of greatly sophisticated tools for the manufacture of alpha-2 antiplasmin which is a single-chain glycoprotein, are some of the major factors hampering the growth of the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market.
- Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market report.
Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market Segment Analysis – By Forms:
The Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market
based on forms can be further segmented into Plasminogen -Binding and Non-Plasminogen Binding. The Plasminogen -Binding Segment held the largest market
share in 2021. This growth is owing to the ability of plasminogen to
bind clots. Plasminogen fastens to fibrin when it is not catalytically active
and plasminogen is a single-chain glycoprotein of 92kDa including 792 amino
acids. The soaring degree of binding specificity with extraordinary
compatibility for lysine residues displayed, as conferred by the kringles is further propelling the
growth of the Plasminogen -Binding segment.
Furthermore, the Plasminogen -Binding segment is estimated to grow with
the fastest CAGR of 10.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the
production of plasminogen by the liver as a single-chain 92-kDa glycoprotein with
glutamine as the N-terminal amino acid (Glu-plasminogen).
Antiplasmin Market Segment Analysis – By End User:
The Alpha-2 Antiplasmin
Market based on end-user can be further segmented into Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic laboratories, Private Laboratories, and
Others. The Hospitals
segment held the largest
market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the
continued shrinkage of the hospital system and the technological progress to
expedite decentralization of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin testing nearer to the patients,
developing added opportunities for suppliers. Alpha-2 antiplasmin is a
single-chain glycoprotein of the serpin family. The soaring count of patients
with internal bleeding episodes succeeding minor trauma and joint bleeding is further
propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Diagnostic Laboratories segment
is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the surging
application of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin tests where Alpha-2 antiplasmin is a
single-chain glycoprotein of the serpin family in diagnostic laboratories.
Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market Segment Analysis – By Geography:
The Alpha-2 Antiplasmin
Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe,
Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. North America (Alpha-2
Antiplasmin Market) held the largest share with 36% of the overall market in 2021.
The growth of this region is owing to the expanded
population of the elderly in
the region. The launch of progressive technologies and the increasing
predominance of metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular ailments attributed to increased
concentrations of Alpha-2-antiplasmin (a-2-AP) and
plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) are further driving the growth of the Alpha-2
Antiplasmin Market in this region. The existence of key players like Becton,
Dickinson, and Company in the U.S. in the region is further propelling the growth of
the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market in the North American region.
Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate
over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the increasing
predominance of cardiovascular ailments ascribed to increased concentrations of Alpha-2-antiplasmin (a-2-AP) and plasminogen
activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1)
in the Asia-Pacific region. The enhanced healthcare infrastructure and
heightened accessibility of financing for research in conjunction with
supportive regulatory policies are further fueling the progress of the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market in the
Antiplasmin Market Drivers
Functional Effects Of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Are Projected To Drive The Growth Of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market:
Surging Applications Of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) Kits Are Expected To Boost The Demand Of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market:
The ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) is an extensively utilized application for discovering and quantifying proteins and antigens from different samples. Target-particular ELISA kits are accessible from an assortment of makers and can assist in streamlining the immunodetection experiments. RayBio® Human Custom SERPINF2 SpeedELISA is a sandwich-based immunoassay with a simplified workflow for the accelerated, quantitative assessment of human SERPINF2 in just 3 hours. It is appropriate for serum, plasma, cell culture supernatants, or lysate samples with a 6 - 8 week lead time. The surging applications of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) Kits are driving the growth of the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market Challenges
Improper Fibrinolysis And Complete Congenital Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Deficiency Are Challenging The Growth Of The Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market:
Current clinical investigations have demonstrated that minimized fibrinolysis owing to a boost in the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin level is connected with a raise in both venous and arterial thrombotic hazard. Contrarily, a surge in fibrinolysis owing to deficiency in Alpha-2 Antiplasmin is linked with hemophilia-like bleeding symptoms, which normally take place consequent to initial hemostasis as an outcome of the premature dissolution of the fibrin. The phenotype of Alpha-2 Antiplasmin deficiency is heterogeneous. Total congenital Alpha-2 Antiplasmin deficiency results in serious bleeding with hemophilia-like bleeding symptoms like joint bleeding, while heterozygous Alpha-2 Antiplasmin-deficient patients normally possess mild or nil bleeding symptoms. Additionally, acquired Alpha-2 Antiplasmin deficiency can also take place in liver ailment and amyloidosis or at the time of fibrinolytic therapy. These issues are hampering the growth of the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market.
Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Alpha-2 Antiplasmin Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- Bio/Data Corporation
- Axis-Shield Limited (Axis-Shield Diagnostics Ltd.)
- Chrono-log Corporation
- Grifols, S.A.
- HYPHEN BioMed
- Beckman Coulter Diagnostics
- Helena Laboratories
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- In January 2022, Roche declared the introduction of the cobas® pulse system in chosen nations receiving the CE Mark. The cobas® pulse system marks Roche Diagnostics’ most-novel generation of connected point of care solutions for professional blood glucose management. As an earliest in the industry, the cobas® pulse system integrates the form factor of a high-performance blood glucose meter with clear use and extended digital capacities identical to that of a smartphone.
- In December 2021, Roche declared the introduction of the AVENIO Edge System, a core constituent of Roche's strategy to progress sequencing technologies. Framed on best-in-class foundational capacities to convey a completely automatized, combined sequencing solution. The AVENIO Edge System is a pre-analytical platform for sequencing library development, target advancement, and quantification steps that transfer combined, end-to-end control with trustworthy, constant high-quality outcomes.
- In January 2021, Roche declared the CE-IVD introduction of its automatized digital pathology algorithms, uPath HER2 (4B5) image analysis, and uPath Dual ISH image analysis for breast cancer to assist in deciding the most excellent treatment strategy for every patient. The image analysis algorithms utilize artificial intelligence to back pathologists in making quicker, more precise patient diagnoses in breast cancer. A mutation in the HER2 gene, which happens in as many as 20 percent of the 2.1 million cases of breast cancer diagnosed worldwide every year, is accountable for combative development in certain patients.
Report Code: CMR 0192
Report Code: HCR 0109
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare related reports, please click here