Surface mount technology
is a method by which electronic circuit is produced. In this technology, components of electronic circuits are directly placed onto the surface of printed circuit boards (PCBs). An electronic device made with surface mount technology is called as surface mount device. In present time, all mass produced electronics hardware is manufactured by using surface mount technology. This technology is very much different from conventional thru-hole soldering technology. SMT relatively uses different soldering equipment and principles that offers more electrical conductivity and reliability as compared to thru-hole soldering technology. Globally, rising demand for miniaturized electronics assemblies, and growing electronics industry are the prime growth driver of surface mount technology. However, high investment cost of machinery for surface mount technology, and high thermal and frequency management are the key restraints for surface mount technology market.
This report identifies the global surface mount technology market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to surface mount technology market.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific dominates the global surface mount technology market, and is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to electronic manufacturing activity, and growth in consumer and automotive electronics in this region. In 2015, among all end-users, consumer electronics application accounted for the largest share in the global surface mount technology market, followed by that of telecommunication.This report segments global surface mount technology market on the basis of equipment, end-user, component and regional market as follows:
- Surface Mount Technology Market, By Equipment: Soldering Equipment, Screen Print Equipment, Placement Equipment, Inspection Equipment, Cleaning Equipment, and Repair & Rework Equipment
- Surface Mount Technology Market, By End-User: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Telecommunication, Medical, and Others
- The report has focused study on surface mount technology market by component: Passive Surface Mount Devices, Transistor & Diodes, and Integrated Circuits
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the surface mount technology market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Electro Scientific Industries Inc.
- Fuji Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Mycronic AB
- Nordson Corp
- Orbotech Ltd.