A terminal block is electrical connector (screw-type)
where the wires are clamped down to the metal part by a screw. This allows more than one circuit to connect to another circuit. It contains two long aluminium or copper strips which are designed to connect different components. These strips create a bus bar for power distribution which is sent to the connected components. A barrier strip is composed of several screw terminals. Terminal blocks are modular, insulated blocks that secure two or more wires together. Globally, increasing PCB market and demand for PCB terminal blocks, advancement in diverse terminal block’s connection technologies, and rising use of terminal blocks in the telecom sector are the prime growth drivers of global terminal block market.
This report identifies the global terminal block market in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global terminal block market.
Geographically, Asia-pacific region dominates the
global terminal block market,
and is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a number of factors including government initiatives in the telecom market fuels the growth of the telecom market, and growth in industrial activities in China, India, South Korea, Indonesia which is expected to drive the demand for terminal blocks during the forecast period. In addition, the market for PCB mounted terminal blocks is forecast to have the fastest growth in all types of terminal blocks, due to increasing demand for consumer electronics and rising demand for aerospace and defence products.
This report segments global terminal block market on the basis of type, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Terminal Block Market, By Type: Barriers Terminal Blocks, Sectional Terminal Blocks, PCB Mount Terminal Blocks, Power Terminal Blocks, and Others
- Terminal Block Market, By End-User: Business Equipment, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), Power Supplies, Industry Control, Instruments, Telecom Equipment, Transportation, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the terminal block market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. Kg
- Weidmüller Interface GmbH & Co. Kg
- Wago Kontakttechnik GmbH & Co. Kg
- Wieland Electric GmbH
- ABB Group