can be defines and segmented as a class of proteins generated and released by the host cells against the presence of pathogenic microbes like bacteria, viruses, fungi and tumor cells. Interferon proteins belong to a class of glycoproteins namely cytokines and are is generally considered to be the first line of defence against any microbial infections. Due to the ability of interferons to ‘interfere in viral cell replication’, these proteins can fight against an infection by triggering an immune response, which results in the generation of immunologic cells, like T-cells, natural killer cells and macrophages. Interferon therapy is identified as one of the most advanced and effective clinical methods for treatment of numerous diseases like hepatitis, sclerosis and cancer.
This report identifies the
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to interferon market.
Globally North America dominated the market for interferon in 2015 with highest market share due to higher awareness about such advanced treatment therapies amongst its citizens coupled with developed medical and healthcare establishment and availability of experts in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest regional market respectively, for interferon. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to be fastest growing regional segment during the period of study due to fast growing healthcare setup in the region especially in India and China along with growing awareness about the interferon therapy in the region.
- This report on global interferon covers different type of diseases treated by using interferon therapy and market size in various geographical regions.
- On the basis of diseases treated with the interferon therapy, this report is segmented into seven major segments as follows: Hepatitis-B, Hepatitis C, Melanoma, Leukemia (Interferon Alpha), Multiple Sclerosis (Interferon Beta), Renal Cell Carcinoma and Leukemia (Interferon Gamma)
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for interferon in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the global interferon market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Merck & Co.,Inc.
- Changchun Institute of Biological Products
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Novartis AG
- Schering-Plough Corporation.