Passive Optical LAN Network (POL)
is a telecommunications technology that implements a point-to-multipoint architecture in which unpowered Fiber Optic Splitters are used to enable a single optical fiber to serve multiple end-points, without having to provision individual fibres between the hub and the customer. Globally, increasing R&D efforts, innovations and technological developments in the POL market and accelerating bandwidth requirements on a global level are the prime growth drivers of passive optical LAN market. In addition, increase in adoption of passive optical LAN for newer applications, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for passive optical LAN market. However, higher cost of the research and development activities is the key restraint for passive optical LAN market.
This report identifies the global passive optical LAN market
size in for the year 2014-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2023. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to passive optical LAN market.
Geographically, North America dominated the passive optical LAN market, and Asia-Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to accelerating bandwidth requirements on a global level esp., in developing nations such as China and India in this region. Among all the applications, Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) segment has the highest market share in passive optical LAN market.This report segments passive optical LAN market on the basis of component, application and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Passive Optical LAN (POL) Market, By Component: Optical Cable, Optical Coupler, Optical Power Splitter, Optical Encoder, Optical Connector, Optical Amplifier and Others
- Passive Optical LAN (POL) Market, By Application: Loop feeder, Interoffice, Fiber in the Loop (FITL), Synchronous Optical Network (SONET), Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial Cable (HFC) and Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) systems
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region. The major countries considered under the Asia-Pacific region are India, China, South Korea and Japan. The major countries considered under the European region are Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain and Russia. The major countries considered under the North American region are United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.