Primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS)
is type of multiple sclerosis (MS) disease which affects nervous system by causing inflammation. Multiple sclerosis is also referred as disseminated sclerosis. Such diseases causes damages to the nervous system and affects its communication and causes other problems, which includes various other mental, physical and psychiatric problems. Under primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS)] neurological functions are steadily deteriorated with minimal distinct relapses (exacerbations and attacks) or the fixed period remissions. The progression rates of PPMS may vary from person to person and over the timeframes, which may show the signs of transitory improvements, however, the progression of disease remains persistent. Currently increasing population with MS is driving the PPMS market and is expected to continue during the period of study. However, higher R&D cost involved to develop new drugs and treatments is expected to be the key constraint for PPMS over the period of study.
This report identifies the global primary progressive multiple sclerosis market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to primary progressive multiple sclerosis market.
Geographically, North America dominated the primary progressive multiple sclerosis market due to higher awareness about the diseases amongst citizens coupled with advanced and well developed healthcare infrastructure with easy accessibility to each of the citizens. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets for primary progressive multiple sclerosis. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly growing healthcare infrastructure in the major developing economies such as India and China along with rising aware amongst practitioners and people in the region. This report segments primary progressive multiple sclerosis market on the basis of diagnosis type, treatment centre and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the primary progressive multiple sclerosis market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- This report on primary progressive multiple sclerosis market is segment on the basis of diagnosis type covering three major diagnosis types as follows: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans, Simple electrical stimulation tests, Lumbar puncture
- On the basis of treatment centre, this report on primary progressive multiple sclerosis market is segmented into three major segments as follows:, Hospital testing (Commercial/private hospitals, Public health hospitals, Symptomatic diagnostic testing with medications), Clinics, Home Treatment (Managing symptoms, Rehabilitation, Healthy living)
- This report on primary progressive multiple sclerosis has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Innate Immunotherapeutics Limited
- Biogen Idec
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Bayer Healthcare