Touch screen technology acts as a medium of interface between humans and computers to facilitate transfer of instructions provide an easy visual experience for interaction to the users. Touchscreens have gained immense popularity since its introduction and are now being used for various devices such as PCs, smartphones, mobile phones, tablets and in many other information devices. Touch screen technology provides strong control on the device and hassle free interactivity. Globally increasing penetration of mobile and hand held devices is expected to drive the demand for the touchscreens during the period of study.
This report identifies the global touchscreens market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape and other key aspects with respect to touchscreens market.
Geographically, North America dominated
touchscreens market due to higher penetration of mobile and handheld devices amongst its tech savvy population in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest consumer of touchscreens. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly expanding customer base of mobile and handheld devices with touch screen technologies especially in the major regional economies such as India and China in the region.
This report segments touchscreens market on the basis of technology, screen size, application and regional market as follows:
- This report on touchscreens market is segment on the basis of technology covering four major technologies of touchscreens as follows: Resistive, Capacitive, Surface Acoustic Wave and Infrared
- This report on touchscreens market is segment on the basis of screen size covering all major screen size of touchscreens as follows: <3’’, 3-6’’, 6-10’’, 10-15’’ and >15’’
- On the basis of applications into devices this report on touchscreen market is segmented as follows, covering all major devices using touchscreens as follows: Kiosks (ATMs, Self Checkout Counters, Airport Check-in), Personal Digital Assistants, Tablet PCs, Mobile Phones, Hand Held Gaming Consoles and Others
- This report on touchscreens has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies profiled in this report are:
- Apple Inc.
- Cypress Semicondutor
- DISPLAX Interactive Systems
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Intel IRTouch