Dodecanol is a fatty alcohol obtained from coconut oil fatty acids. It is an intermediate substance for the production of Dodecyl ethoxylates and Dodecyl sulfate salts. Dodecanol is a colorless liquid with a sweet odor. It is used in lube additives, pharmaceuticals, synthetic detergents, rubber, textiles, perfumes and as a flavoring agent.
It has a wide variety of applications:
- As solvent in fillers or insulating materials for the building industry
- As surfactants for cleaning purposes in textile industry
- As an ingredient in products used in
- Personal and household care
- Metal refining and processing industry
- Foodstuff industry
- Agricultural industry
Prime factor driving Dodecanol market is personal and household care industry, as the demand for these products is growing due to a change in lifestyle of the people. This growth is significantly seen in developing countries.
Growing population is the driver for food and agricultural industries, Dodecanol which is used in these industries as food flavoring/additive finds an increase in demand. Similarly, pharmaceutical, metal refining and processing industries use Dodecanol in various forms, thus driving the consumption of Dodecanol. A constraining factor for this chemical is that it causes redness of skin and eyes cough and is very toxic to aquatic life.
This report provides information on Dodecanol market size for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also focuses on market drivers, challenges, restraints, market dynamics, growth indicators, competitive landscape, potential growth opportunities and other key aspects with respect to Dodecanol market.
United States of America and Europe are the major producers and consumers of Dodecanol. Developing countries have started producing Dodecanol due to increased demand from various industries. APAC region is experiencing growth in populations which in turn is increasing the production and consumption of Dodecanol
This report identifies Dodecanol market on the basis of type, application and regional market:
- Based on type of final products (Dodecyl ethoxylates and Dodecyl sulfate salts)
- Based on its application in various industries
- This report is further segmented based on potential markets for Dodecanol. A detailed analysis by region – North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW), has been provided in this report.
Sample Companies profiled in this report are:
- Merck Millipore
- Leap Labchem
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology