Physiotherapy Services Market Overview
The Physiotherapy Services Market size is estimated to reach $53.4 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Physiotherapy services are offered by the service providers to patients for the treatment of injury and ailment by way of physical techniques like exercise over medicine and surgery. Cryotherapy is applied in numerous ways within physiotherapy. Continuous passive motion units can efficiently reduce post-operative pain and edema. Iontophoresis is a kind of electrical stimulation utilized to assist in applying medicine to the body during physical therapy. Heat therapy can assist the muscles and soft tissue to unwind and extend better, enhancing blood flow and circulation. Outcomes of investigations conducted have offered high-level proof that therapeutic exercise was advantageous for patients across wide areas of physiotherapy practice. The growing population of the elderly requiring therapeutic exercise is set to drive the Physiotherapy Services Market. The progress in existing services in combination with novel technologies is set to propel the growth of the Physiotherapy Services Industry during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Physiotherapy Services Industry Outlook.
Physiotherapy Services Market Report Coverage
The “Physiotherapy Services Market Report - Forecast (2022-2027)” by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments in the Physiotherapy Services Market.
- Geographically, North America (Physiotherapy Services market share) accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the rising count of patients enduring osteoporosis in the U.S. and Canada and undergoing cryotherapy in the North American region.
- The growth of the Physiotherapy Services Market is being driven by rising awareness regarding the advantages of physiotherapy services including cryotherapy among people in developing countries. However, physiotherapy is an expensive treatment, specifically, if a person is seriously injured and requires instant medical treatment. This is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the Physiotherapy Services Market.
- Physiotherapy Services Market Detailed Analysis of the Strengths, Weaknesses and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market would be provided in the Physiotherapy Services Market report.
Physiotherapy Services Market Segment Analysis - by Application
The Physiotherapy Services Market based on the application can be further segmented into Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, Geriatric Physical Therapy, Neurological Physical Therapy, Cardiopulmonary And Pulmonary Physical Therapy and Others. The Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Segment held the largest share of the Physiotherapy Services market in 2021. This growth is fueled by expanding application of orthopedic physical therapy for the physical treatment of the musculoskeletal system. The surging application of orthopedic physical therapy for recovering from an injury is further propelling the growth of the Orthopaedic Physical Therapy segment.
Furthermore, the Geriatric Physical Therapy segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the surging application of geriatric physical therapy to relieve pain and enhance mobility utilizing a series of exercises and treatments for ailments connected with old age.
Physiotherapy Services Market Segment Analysis - by Type
The Physiotherapy Services Market based on type can be further segmented into Hydrotherapy, Cryotherapy, Ultrasound, Electric Stimulation and Heat Therapy. The Ultrasound Segment held the largest Physiotherapy Services market share in 2021. This growth is fueled by the skyrocketing application of ultrasound treatment to accelerate restoration by lessening swelling and edema. Therapeutic ultrasound is a treatment modality, typically utilized in physical therapy. It is utilized to offer deep heating to soft tissues in the body. The regulatory approval and introduction of novel products by manufacturers are further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Electric Stimulation segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027, owing to the snowballing application of electrical stimulation for the treatment of neurological ailments like stroke, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease.
Physiotherapy Services Market Segment Analysis - by Geography
The Physiotherapy Services Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and the Rest of the World. North America (Physiotherapy Services Market) dominated the physiotherapy services market with a 35% share of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is fueled by the increasing predominance of cardiovascular and neurological ailments among the elderly in the North American region. The growing patient pool is further propelling the growth of Physiotherapy Services, thereby contributing to the Physiotherapy Services Outlook, in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is driven by factors like expanding maturing population in the Asia-Pacific region. The surging medical tourism industry in countries like India is further fueling the progress of the Physiotherapy Services Market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Physiotherapy Services Market Drivers
Surging Applications of Cryotherapy and Continuous Passive Motion (CPM):
As per Physical therapy Statistics on TheGoodBody, as of 2019, there were 312,716 licensed physical therapists in the U.S. Ice packs constitute the most typical technique of cryotherapy. The most typical kinds are ice packs prepared with cubed, crushed and wetted ice. Ice massage involves gradual strokes in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes. In addition to pain control, cryotherapy and continuous passive motion (CPM) are typically utilized for Total Knee Arthroplasty patients as non-pharmacological techniques to reduce postoperative pain and swelling and to raise the quantity of knee flexion. The surging applications of cryotherapy and continuous passive motion (CPM) are therefore fueling the growth of the Physiotherapy Services Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Increasing Applications of Moist Heat Therapy And Therapeutic Exercise:
As per Physical therapy Statistics on TheGoodBody, there are 38,800 physical therapy clinics in the U.S. at the time of writing this report. Moist heat therapy can decrease muscle spasms, reduce joint stiffness and make soft tissue more pliable. Heat may help alleviate tight muscles and joints during a warm-up period prior to exercise. Therapeutic exercise is utilized in physical therapy to avert disability and to decrease the progression of factors that lead to disabilities. The soaring applications of moist heat therapy and therapeutic exercise are therefore driving the growth of the Physiotherapy Services Industry, thereby contributing to the Physiotherapy Services Industry Outlook during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Physiotherapy Services Market Challenges
Soaring Cost of Physiotherapy and a Need for Numerous Visits:
As per Physical Therapy Statistics available on TheGoodBoy, there are 1,600,606 registered physical therapists worldwide. Physiotherapy requires numerous visits. With the soaring cost of physiotherapy, this can be quite troubling to patients. When patients need services at home, they are required to pay even greater fees to have a therapist visit their homes. Physiotherapy, while advantageous, is quite time-consuming. A certain group of people has been unscrupulously promoting themselves as physiotherapists, which is dangerous and can bring about further harm to the patient. These issues are thus hampering the growth of the Physiotherapy Services Market.
Physiotherapy Services Industry Outlook
Novel product launches, mergers and acquisitions, agreements and collaborations are key strategies adopted by players in the Physiotherapy Services Market. The top 10 companies in the Physiotherapy Services market are:
- AmeriCare Physical Therapy
- Back in Motion Physical Therapy LLC
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd
- Crystal Palace Physio Group (Vita Health Group)
- Professional Physical Therapy
- The Physio Company
- Meier & Marsh Physical Therapy
- Elam Sports O`ahu
- Minsu Healing Oasis
- In August 2021, Upstream Rehabilitation (“Upstream”) declared that it completed the acquisition of Results Physiotherapy (“Results”). Upstream becomes the biggest pure-play outpatient physical therapy provider in the U.S. The Results clinics extend Upstream’s portfolio to over 1,000 owned and handled clinics across 28 states.
- In May 2021, Spine & Sports Physical Therapy gained Results Physical Therapy and Training Center. The physical therapy network was extended through a partnership with Results Physical Therapy and Trainin Center ("Results"). "Results" is based in Sacramento.
- In October 2020, Physiona introduced the earliest digital physiotherapy services in Nigeria. Physiona is a med-tech platform. It assists people in procuring the services of physiotherapists.
Report Code: HCR 1499
Report Code: HCR 0502
Report Code: HCR 0649
For more Lifesciences and Healthcare Market reports, please click here