Protein engineering is defined as the process for the development of new proteins through directed evaluation and rational protein designing, which can be used as therapeutic agents. Globally, development the arena of proteomics and nanotechnology, rising incidences of chronic and autoimmune diseases, rise in the awareness among people regarding protein engineering, increasing focus on research and development process, development in drug delivery system, and rise in adoption of protein-based drugs over non-protein-based drugs are the prime growth drivers of protein engineering market. In addition, rising popularity of protein therapy as an alternative to gene therapy, increase in adoption of protein engineering in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for protein engineering market. However, higher cost of the research and development, higher cost of tools and instruments used in protein engineering and its maintenance, and complex government approval processes are the key restraints for protein engineering market.
Geographically North America dominated global protein engineering market, with approximately half of the market in the U.S. because of high medical reimbursement facilities, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing population, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing population chronic and autoimmune diseases patient in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end-user, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies has the highest market share in global protein engineering market. Monoclonal antibodies are the market leader in global protein engineering market among all types of proteins.
This report identifies the global protein engineering market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global protein engineering market.
This report segments global protein engineering market on the basis of technology, product type, protein type, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Protein Engineering Market, By Technology: Rational Protein Design, and Irrational Protein Design
- Protein Engineering Market, By Product Type: Instruments, Reagents, and Services & Software
- Protein Engineering Market, By Protein Type: Monoclonal Antibodies, Insulin, Erythropoietin, Interferon, Colony Stimulating Factor, Growth Hormones, Coagulation Factor, and Vaccines
- This report has been segmented into major end-user industries such as: Academic Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, and Contract Research Organizations
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the protein engineering market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Merck and Co., Inc.
- Genentech Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson