The basic difference between AR & VR is the user experience and user involvement in a situation. Augmented reality (AR)
is a technology that layers computer-generated enhancements atop an existing reality in order to make it more meaningful through the ability to interact with it whereas Virtual reality (VR)
can be defined as an artificial, computer-generated simulation or recreation of a real life environment or situation which immerses the user by making them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality first-hand, primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing. Currently, AR & VR technology can be experienced on a number of device types, but one of the most important categories is hand held devices. Hand held AR & VR devices are devices on which user can experience the joy of technology freely while roaming around without having to mount any devices on their head or sit around any projector or display terminal. Growing popularity and a rise in the numbers of the technology user base are expected to drive the demand for the AR & VR hand held device market during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the augmented & virtual reality handheld device market driven by higher penetration of AR & VR technology in amongst its tech savvy residents, higher spending on such technologies. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for augmented & virtual reality handheld device market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth owing to a rapidly growing technological user base in the region especially in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the augmented & virtual reality handheld device Market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the augmented & virtual reality handheld device market.This report segments the augmented & virtual reality handheld device market on the basis of technology, device type, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the augmented & virtual reality device market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Augmented & Virtual reality device market research report is classified on the basis of device type. Some of the major devices covered in this report are as follows: Augmented Reality Devices, Virtual Reality Devices
- Augmented & Virtual reality device Industry market research report is classified on the basis of technology. Some of the major technologies covered in this report are as follows: AR Technology (Marker-Based Augmented Reality, Markerless Augmented Reality), VR Technology (Non-Immersive Technology, Semi-Immersive & Fully-Immersive Technologies)
- Augmented & Virtual reality device market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Gaming, Medical, Aerospace & Defence, Commercial and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Google Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Vuzix Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Qaulcomm Inc.