Engineered foam is lightweight plastic which plays an important in a wide range of end-use applications such as wind energy, packaging, automotive, energy sector, construction and many others. Engineered foam is segmented on the basis of form such as flexible foam, rigid foam, and spray foams. These foam as are basically used during the production shock absorption and waterproofing gaskets for various application. Increasing usage of engineered foams in developing nations and space R&D activities is expected to remain some of the key growth factors during the period of study.
Engineered foam market can also be segmented on the basis of type as polyolefin, polyurethane, polyvinyl chloride, polystyrene and others. Polyurethane foam is the leading material segment among all others. It can be processed by extrusion, injection molding, two-part liquid molding and solution dipping. Polyurethane also have future scope for earning a huge market share in the forecast period.
Polyolefin foam is expected to witness growth during the forecast period. Polyolefin or olefin are kind of unsaturated aliphatic hydrocarbons. Polyolefin can also be termed as polymer foam. Polyolefin foam is largely used in automotive and packaging industry. Due to heat absorbing capacity of polystyrene foam, it has been largely used for making polystyrene cups, which are used for serving beverages. Polyvinyl foam which can also be termed as pvc foam is largely used in application which requires moisture, temperature and solvent resistance.
This report provides a depth analysis on the engineered foam market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2022. It also imparts an insights and outlook on the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, market worth, growth indicators, challenges, market trends, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to engineered foam market.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated engineered foam market share due to higher demand of the engineered foam in the region driven by large number of industry players and higher usage of these products into wide range of applications in the major industries. Asia-Pacific is also expected to remain the fastest growing regional market for the engineered foam driven by increasing demand for the foams in the nations such as India, China, Indonesia and few others which are witnessing rapid transformation of the industrial base in these nations. Asia-Pacific was followed by Europe and North America as the second and third largest markets for engineered foam.
This report segments engineered foam market on the basis of material type, product form, end user and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of material type this report on global engineered foam market is segmented as follows, covering all major materials used in the engineered foam as follows: Polyurethane, Polystyrene, Polyolefin
- On the basis of product form this report is categorised into Flexible Foams, Rigid Foams, and Spray Foams
- This report on global engineered foams also covers market share and growth opportunity in detail in these major end users of engineered foams, some of the major end users covered in the report are Aerospace & Defense, Medical & Healthcare, Transportation, Manufacturing & Construction
- This report on engineered foam has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Huntsman Corporation
- Vita (Lux III) S.A.R.L
- Foampartner Group
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd.