The global metal replacement market is expected to grow at CAGR of 10% from 2018-2023. The major driving force of this market is increased demand of lightweight and cheaper substitutes for automotive and manufacturing components. The demand of metal replacement is increasing in other sectors also such as construction, healthcare, packaging and paint.
What is Metal replacement?
The replacement of metal with engineering plastic or composites to create lighter, cheaper and efficient product is called as metal replacement. Various modified plastics such as glass fiber reinforced plastic, carbon fiber modified plastic, polyamide, polycarbonate etc. are used in different industries to provide better feature to the product.
What are the major applications for Metal replacement?
Engineering plastics and composites have find their application in various industries such as automotive, healthcare, aerospace and defense, etc. Due to superior toughness, heat resistance and outstanding processability, polycarbonate finds its application in automobile, healthcare and electronic industry. For example polycarbonate is used for manufacturing security windows, safety glass and guards. In automobiles industry polyamide is used for manufacturing of radiator fan, radiator grill, instrument housings, speedometer gears, steering column bush, etc. Ethylene propylene copolymer is used for manufacturing car bumpers. Gear boxes are made up of polyimide, is heat resistance, lightweight and flexible. Polypropylene is also used for various purposes such as cooling towers, tanks, metal detectors chutes and exhaust ducts.
Market Research and Market Trends of Metal replacement:
- Bio-plastics are biggest trending product in market. Some countries are making initiatives to commercialize it. For example Qatar is expecting to launch its bio-plastic bags by September 2018. This bio-plastic is made up of Cassava starch and other renewable material. It is 100% biodegradable will not harm environment. Animals can also eat this bag with being affected.
- A Germany based company BASF SE launched bio-based polyurethane foam. This product allows weight reduction and its density is 120g/L. It is developed by using castor oil and gaining popularity among manufacturers of instrument panel, doors, furniture and automobile interiors.
Who are the Major Players in Metal replacement market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes BASF SE, Celanese Corporation, Jushi Group and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Metal Replacement Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Metal Replacement Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Metal Replacement Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Metal Replacement Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Metal Replacement Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Metal Replacement Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Metal Replacement Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Metal Replacement Market – By type of Industry (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.2. Aerospace & defense
8.3.4. Manufacturing & packaging
8.3.6. Paint & printing
9. Metal Replacement Market – By type of substitutes (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Engineering Plastics
9.1.1. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
9.1.6. Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA)
9.1.7. Thermoplastic polymer
9.2.1. Fiber reinforced plastic
220.127.116.11. Glass fiber reinforced plastics(GFRP)
18.104.22.168.1. Sheet molding compound
22.214.171.124.2. Bulk molding compound
126.96.36.199. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP)
9.2.2. Resin transfer molding
9.2.3. Long fiber injection
10. Metal Replacement - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Metal Replacement Market - North America Segment Research
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. Metal Replacement - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. Metal Replacement - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. Metal Replacement – APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
11. Metal Replacement Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. Metal Replacement Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
12.1. Market Share Analysis
12.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
12.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
12.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
12.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
12.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
12.1.6. Best Practises for companies
13. Metal Replacement Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
14. Metal Replacement Market Company Analysis
14.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
14.2. Celanese Corporation
14.3. Jushi Group
14.5. Solvay SA
14.6. Toray Industries Inc.
14.7. Owens Corning Corporation
14.8. Du Pont
14.12. company 11
14.13. company 12
14.14. company 13 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
15. Metal Replacement Market -Appendix
16. Metal Replacement Market -Methodology Premium
16.1. Research Methodology
16.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
16.1.2. Industry Databases
16.1.4. Company News
16.1.5. Company Annual Reports
16.1.6. Application Trends
16.1.7. New Products and Product database
16.1.8. Company Transcripts
16.1.9. R&D Trends
16.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
16.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends