Breathable films possess a host of advantages by acting as a protecting layer in variety of applications but like any other chemical based composite it has its shortcomings. The major concern for mass utilization of breathable films is diaper degradation. Manufacturers are yet to invent bio degradable breathable films for diapers. Polyethylene constitutes to about 55% of the breathable films used in disposable diapers. Unlike natural polymers, polyethylene cannot be easily degraded and cause long term environmental impacts. According to experts, around 50% of the disposable diapers are dumped in open surrounding and about 25% are burned. These disposable methods have adverse effects on the environment and are likely to become breeding grounds for viruses and bacteria.
What is Breathable Films?
Breathable films refer to a layer on a surface which are gas and water vapor permeable but are resistant towards any liquid. The polymers mainly used are Polyethylene, Polyurethane and Polypropylene. The polymer films forms a three dimensional matrix constituting long chains of molecules. The acrylic polymers are also known as semi permeable membranes, forms a matrix which is dense enough to let the water stay outside but leave enough room for air or water vapour molecules to enter through. The major end users of breathable films are healthcare, food packaging and processing, medical, construction, residential, industrial and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Breathable Films Market
- Many industry experts believe the breathable films industry is going to be a major contributor in the growth for diapers in the Asian markets. The growing demand non-woven and breathable films for use in premium diapers is growing a rapid pace. Asian countries are experiencing a baby boom at present, with rising per capital income and growing awareness about health and hygiene, consumers are increasingly referring to premium diapers for usage. The growth in aging population in countries like Japan is also expected to fuel the demand for diapers.
- The usage of breathable films in food packaging and processing is on the rise. Porus and breathable films are providing various advantages to the food products such as able to reduce the accumulation of CO2 in packaging while containing the moisture, henceforth increasing the shelf life. Whereas non porus breathable films are resistant to temperature changes and provide protection against intrusion of insects and microorganisms.
- Another industry where breathable films are used extensively is for surgical apparel. The demand for world class facilities in developing nations like India, China and other Asian Pacific countries. Breathable films are being used in a wide magnitude of products ranging from surgical gowns, patient gowns, gloves and operation sheets. The trend for applying breathable films in personal hygiene, which aids in healing and wrinkle reduction for faces is also on the rise.
Who are the Major Players in Breathable Films Market?
The major vendors in the Breathable Films market are Clopay Plastics, The RKW Group, Arkema SA, Arkema SA, Mitsui Chemicals, TORAY Industries Inc., Covestro AG, NITTO DENKO Corporation, Fatra AS, Schweitzer Maudit International Inc., and Trioplast Industries among others
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Breathable Films Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Breathable Films Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Breathable Films Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Breathable Films Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Breathable Films Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Breathable Films Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Breathable Films Market - Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Breathable Films Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
9. Breathable Films Market – By Material (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10. Breathable Films – By End Users(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
10.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
10.3.2. Food Packaging & Processing
10.3.3. Building and Construction
10.3.7. Personal Care & Hygiene
11. Breathable Films - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Breathable Films Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
11.3. Breathable Films - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
11.5. Breathable Films - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
11.7. Breathable Films – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
12. Breathable Films Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Breathable Films Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Breathable Films Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Breathable Films Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2. The RKW Group
15.3. Arkema SA
15.4. Mitsui Chemicals
15.5. TORAY Industries Inc.
15.6. Covestro AG
15.7. NITTO DENKO Corporation
15.8. Fatra AS
15.9. Schweitzer Maudit International Inc.
15.10. company 9
15.11. company 10
15.12. company 11 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Breathable Films Market - Appendix
17. Breathable Films Market - Methodology
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends