The demand for light weighted medical appliances and the use of composite materials in repairing the biological tissues in order to restore their mechanical functions were the driving factors that led to the growth of medical composites market. Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) like carbon fiber, glass fiber are widely been used in designing various medical appliances due to their light weight and high stiffness characteristics.
What is a Composite Material?
A composite material is a combination two or more materials with significantly different physical and chemical properties. These materials when combined will create an individual product with different characteristics both physically and chemically. There are various types of composite material which can obtained both naturally or through particles.
What are the advantages of Composites in Medical Field?
Composite materials are mainly used designing various medical appliances due to their light weight and high stiffness characteristics. They are largely implemented in orthopedic application such as bone fixation, hip joint and so on. Fiber reinforced composites are much lighter than metals as a result it is being largely used in medical fields.
Market Research and Market Trends of Medical Composite Market:
- Solvay is a Belgium based chemical company. Solvay along with Anzu Partners and Invest Nebraska have invested a total of $ 1.9 million in MultiMechanics. MultiMechanics is a virtual testing software that enables in generating ideas for innovating new materials. The funds will be used in enhancing Solvay’s pipeline products and also expand its position in medical, aerospace, automotive and other markets.
- Lamborghini is an Italian based luxury sports car manufacturer. The company has joined hands with Houston Methodist Research Institute, to share knowledge in regards to the use of carbon fiber composite material for medical devices. The current projects focuses on biocompatibility study of composite materials that could be utilized in prosthetic inserts and furthermore in subcutaneous devices. The researchers’ aim at identifying new materials that are lighter and that which can be tolerated by human body.
Who are the Major Players in Medical Composite Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are 3M, BASF, TenCate,PolyOne and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Medical Composites Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Medical Composites Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Medical Composites Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Medical Composites Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Medical Composites Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Medical Composites Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Medical Composites Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Medical Composites Market – By Product (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Fiber Reinforced Composites
184.108.40.206. Carbon Reinforced Fiber
220.127.116.11. Glass Reinforced Fiber
18.104.22.168. Cotton Reinforced Fiber
9. Medical Composites Market – By Polymers (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Synthetic Polymers
9.1.1. Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
9.1.8. Poly(methyl methacrylate)(PMMA)
9.2. Thermoplastic Polymers
9.2.1. Ultra - high –molecular- weight polyethylene(UHMWPE)
9.2.2. Liquid Crystalline Polymer
10. Medical Composites Market – By Resins (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Thermoset Resins
10.1.4. Vinyl Ester
11. Medical Composites Market – By Applications (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1.1. Anterior Foot
11.1.2. Podiatric correcting in-soles
11.2. X- Ray tables
11.3. Bone Support
11.4. Mammography plates
11.8. Dental Equipment
11.9. Surgical devices and tools
12. Medical Composites - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Medical Composites Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
12.3. Medical Composites - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
12.5. Medical Composites - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
12.7. Medical Composites – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
13. Medical Composites Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Medical Composites Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Medical Composites Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Medical Composites Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.6. Company 5
16.7. Company 6
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Medical Composites Market -Appendix
18. Medical Composites Market -Methodology Premium
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends