The demand for light weighted medical appliances and the use of composite materials in repairing the biological tissues in order to restore their mechanical functions were the driving factors that led to the growth of medical composites market. Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) like carbon fiber, glass fiber are widely been used in designing various medical appliances due to their light weight and high stiffness characteristics.
What is a Composite Material?
A composite material is a combination two or more materials with significantly different physical and chemical properties. These materials when combined will create an individual product with different characteristics both physically and chemically. There are various types of composite material which can obtained both naturally or through particles.
What are the advantages of Composites in Medical Field?
Composite materials are mainly used designing various medical appliances due to their light weight and high stiffness characteristics. They are largely implemented in orthopedic application such as bone fixation, hip joint and so on. Fiber reinforced composites are much lighter than metals as a result it is being largely used in medical fields.
Market Research and Market Trends of Medical Composite Market:
- Solvay is a Belgium based chemical company. Solvay along with Anzu Partners and Invest Nebraska have invested a total of $ 1.9 million in MultiMechanics. MultiMechanics is a virtual testing software that enables in generating ideas for innovating new materials. The funds will be used in enhancing Solvay’s pipeline products and also expand its position in medical, aerospace, automotive and other markets.
- Lamborghini is an Italian based luxury sports car manufacturer. The company has joined hands with Houston Methodist Research Institute, to share knowledge in regards to the use of carbon fiber composite material for medical devices. The current projects focuses on biocompatibility study of composite materials that could be utilized in prosthetic inserts and furthermore in subcutaneous devices. The researchers’ aim at identifying new materials that are lighter and that which can be tolerated by human body.
Who are the Major Players in Medical Composite Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are 3M, BASF, TenCate,PolyOne and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.