Medical coatings are the important process for the cleanliness and sterilization process of medical and surgical instruments. We apply coatings to the equipment by the state of art methods for the ease of application and cost effectiveness. Medical industry utilizes various range of equipment, tools, accessories and instrument for variety of treatment procedure. The availability of medical coating is in various form such as lubricants, antimicrobial coatings and hydrophilic surface coatings for every different stage of coating. Aluminum is most preferable metal for medical devices due to its weight to strength ratio and low manufacturing cost, it also prevent from uncontrolled corrosion. The range of medical coatings from lubricant to anti-microbial to water repellant polymers every variety of coatings used on many devices for many different application.
The worldwide Medical Coating Market has been analyzed on the basis of the types of coating, by the substrate and the application of medical coating. Medical coatings types are segmented on the basis of lubricants, antimicrobial coatings, hydrophilic surface coatings out of them hydrophilic coatings employ in carious medical devices and equipment.
What is Medical Coating Market?
Medical coting provides protection to the lifesaving medical devices. This coating technology is designed to improve the safety and functionality of intravascular medical devices. Medical coating are of various type such as lubricant, antimicrobial, hydrophilic, and hydrophobic and so on.
What are the applications of Medical Coating Market?
Medical coating has many applications such as medical devices, medical implants, medical equipment and tools. The typical uses of coatings in medical and healthcare industry for wound management, drug manufacturing, and testing and support equipment. Wound management coating requirement is required for non-stick adhesive layer on the woven or non-woven body of dressings.
Market Research and Market Trends of Medical Coating Market:
- A new coating for medical devices will might help to prevent the infections, according to the technology developed by researchers called LINOREL-liquid. This liquid infuse nitric oxide-releasing silicone that can coat the device such as catheters and surgical tools which carry infections sometime.
- By giving importance to coating in medical industry, Wyss institute for biologically inspires engineering at Harvard university produce novel coating technology. One of the coating was designed to device associated infections to prevent infectious biofilm formation on implanted devices and another coating was developed by Aizenberg inspired by the carnivorous Nepenthes pitcher plant known as slippery liquid-infused porous surfaces (SLIPS).
- The novel ultrananocrystalline diamond (UNCD) coating technology is offering a new paradigm material for new type of implantable medical device, prostheses and new system of cell growth. Companies are availing this technology in very low manufacturing cost and giving high performing UNCD coatings.
Who are the Major Players of Medical Coating Market?
The major players in this market are Royal DSM, Surmodics Inc., Hydromer Inc. And 18 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Medical Coatings Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Medical Coatings Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Medical Coatings Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Medical Coatings Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Medical Coatings Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Medical Coatings Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Medical Coatings Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Medical Coatings Market – By Types (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.3. Antimicrobial coatings
8.3.4. Hydrophilic surface coatings
8.3.5. Hydrophobic coatings
8.3.6. Drug eluting
9. Medical Coatings Market – By substrates (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10. Medical Coatings Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.2. Medical Devices
10.2.1. Implantable Medical Devices
10.2.1.1. Coronary stents
10.2.1.2. Neurostimulation Device
10.2.1.3. Cochlear and ocular devices
10.2.2. Elastomeric products
10.2.2.2. Medical seals
10.2.2.3. Infusion components
10.2.3. Medical forming devices
10.2.3.1. Wire mandrels
10.2.4. Pharmaceutical containers
10.2.5. Medical electronics
10.3. Medical Implants
10.3.1. Dental implants
10.3.2. Orthopedic implants
10.3.3. Cardiovascular Implants
10.4. Medical equipment and tools
11. Medical Coatings - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Medical Coatings Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of North America
11.3. Medical Coatings - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Costa Rica
220.127.116.11. Rest of South America
11.5. Medical Coatings - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
11.7. Medical Coatings – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. South Korea
12. Medical Coatings Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Medical Coatings Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Medical Coatings Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Medical Coatings Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2. Royal DSM
15.3. Surmodics Inc.
15.4. Hydromer Inc.
15.5. Company 4
15.6. Company 5
15.7. Company 6
15.8. Company 7
15.9. Company 8
15.10. Company 9
15.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Medical Coatings Market -Appendix
17. Medical Coatings Market -Methodology Premium
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends