The global welding material market is expected to grow at CAGR of 8.7% from 2018-2023. The driving force of this market is increased need of joining two or more metals for construction of vehicle, building, railway and aircraft. Due to increased demand huge amount is invested in R&D to develop innovative process and welding materials.
What is Welding material?
Welding is a process that joins materials usually metals, glass and thermoplastics by causing fusion. Over a long period a wide range of welding processes are developed such as Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), Submerged arc welding (SAW), Resistance welding, etc. Each welding processes differs from other and selection of particular process for producing strong joint depends on size and shape of product, type of metal, cost and availability of machines and consumables. Welding materials are equipment or consumables used during welding such as gases, electrode, wire, etc.
What are the major applications for Welding material?
Welding processes are widely used for building bridges, railway tracks, railway coaches, building structure and fabrication of pressure vessel. There are various types of welding process such as Gas arc metal welding, Resistance welding, Thermite welding, etc. Resistance welding is generally used in automobile industry while thermite welding is used for joining railway tracks. Plasma arc welding is used in tubing and instrument manufacturing. Gas tungsten arc welding is used in aerospace building and construction of pipelines. Every single appliance around us or in industries has passed through welding process during its manufacturing.
Market Research and Market Trends of Welding material:
- Automated welding process is the biggest trend in welding market. Due to shortage of skilled labor and increased welding requirement, robot welders are gaining popularity in resistance spot welding and arc welding. Some companies such as KUKA, Yaskawa have developed robot welder to automate the process and improve the overall efficiency in high production industries.
- Illinois is a US based equipment and specialty product based company which offers welding equipment from various brands such as Miller, Elga, Hobart, Tregaskiss, Bernard, AEC Technology and PWT. Miller is the largest manufacturer of arc welding products whereas PWT offers automatic welding for pipeline construction. Illinois’s Elga provides coated electrode and cored wires for welding process. Recently Elga has launched a newer version of P51 basic coated low hydrogen electrode. With its excellent positional welding feature this product has become the first choice among pipeline welder. Illinois may witness huge growth in their revenue compared to year 2017 which was $1.5 billion.
Who are the Major Players in Welding material market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Illinois Tools Work Inc., Praxair, Colfax Corporation and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Welding Materials Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Welding Materials Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Welding Materials Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Welding Materials Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Welding Materials Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Welding Materials Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Welding Materials Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Welding Materials Market – By types of processes (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Arc welding
188.8.131.52. Flux-cored arc welding
184.108.40.206. Plasma arc welding
220.127.116.11. Gas metal arc welding(GMAW)
18.104.22.168. Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
8.3.2. Oxyfuel gas welding
8.3.3. Resistance welding
8.3.4. Solid state welding
22.214.171.124. Friction welding
126.96.36.199. Ultrasonic welding
188.8.131.52. Diffusion welding
184.108.40.206. Explosive welding
8.3.5. Electron beam and laser welding
9. Welding Materials Market – By type of Industry (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.4. Ship building
9.5. Solar energy
9.6. Railway tracks
10. Welding Materials Market – By type welding metal (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.2. Stainless steel
10.7. Cast iron
10.8.1. Nickel alloy
10.8.2. Nickel-Copper alloy
10.8.3. Copper-Nickel-Zinc alloy
10.8.4. Copper-Nickel alloy
11. Welding Materials Market – By type of equipment (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.2. Electrode and filler materials
11.4. Fluxes and wires
11.4.1. GMAW solid wire
11.4.2. GMAW flux cored wire
11.4.3. SAW wire
11.4.4. SAW flux
11.5. Angle grinder
11.6. Welding magnet
11.10. Personal Safety
11.11. Safety products
11.11.1. Welding table
12. Welding Materials - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Welding Materials Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
12.3. Welding Materials - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
12.5. Welding Materials - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
12.7. Welding Materials – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
13. Welding Materials Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Welding Materials Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Welding Materials Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Welding Materials Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. Illinois Tools Work Inc.
16.4. Colfax Corporation
16.5. Company 4
16.6. Company 5
16.7. Company 6
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Welding Materials Market -Appendix
18. Welding Materials Market -Methodology Premium
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends