The hydrous magnesium silicate mineral is known as Talc. The talc is distinguished as extreme softest material. It’s soapy in nature accounts for the name soapstone and dense aggregates of high purity talc are called steatite. Talc are resistant to most reagents and to moderate heat thus they are suitable for ceramic products. Talc is also used as lubricants in plastic industry for molding purpose. It is also used as fillers in various industrial applications such as ceramics, paper, paints and others. Through addition of talc the properties of product can be changed and combustion temperature is reduced. This reduces the production cost. Witness, acid resistance, pyroplastic distortion, improved density, stability, increased resistance and reduction of cracking are some of the key features in talc. These features tends into wide application of usage.
What are Talc?
Talc is a hydrated magnesium silicate mineral. Talc is often categorized in three components such as mineral talc, steatite and soapstone. Talc is an industrial raw material in powder form which has wide range of applications in industries. Commercial talc contains other minerals such as quartz, calcite, dolomite, magnesite, serpentine and others as impurities. Softness, smoothness, lubricating property, low moisture content, chemical internes, ability to absorb oil and grease, whiteness, filler ability and others are some of the properties of talc that enable its use in wide variety of applications.
What are the applications of Talc?
The applications of talc are Cordierite ceramics, food, paints, coatings, paper coating, lubricant, anti-sticking agent, personal care, pharmaceuticals, plastics, polyester putties and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Talc:
- One of the trends of talc are it has find its usage in cosmetics because of its favorable intrinsic property. The softness in nature and filler agent of talc has been valued for centuries as a body powder. It also plays an important role in many cosmetic products such as carrier, eye shadows and silkiness in blushes. The chemical inertness of talc is suitable for carrier applications. Apart from softness it has the advantage of not generating bacterial growth and releases fragrances progressively. In addition the talc’s active ingredients allows the practical and safe handling of very small and very large quantities of active substances. The other trends of talc are its usage in plastic industry, strengthener in automotive, thickener in paints, anti-caking and sticking agent.
Who are the Major Players in Talc Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Group, Polyplast partnership Organization and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Talc Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Talc Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Talc Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Talc Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Talc Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Talc Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Talc Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Talc Market – By Talc Market (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.2. Ceramic Talc
8.3.3. Natural Mineral Talc
8.3.4. Paint and Coating Talc
188.8.131.52. Whiter Talc
184.108.40.206. Platy Talc
8.3.5. Plastic Talc
8.3.6. Roofing Talc
8.3.7. Rubber Talc
8.3.8. Mold Talc
9. Talc Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Talc Chlorite
9.2. Talc Carbonate
10. Talc Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Cordierite Ceramics
10.3. Paints and Coatings
10.4. Paper Coating
10.5. Paper Filler
10.6. Personal Care
10.8. Pitch Control
10.10. Polyester Putties
10.15. Anti-sticking Agent
11. Talc - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Talc Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
11.3. Talc - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
11.5. Talc - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
11.7. Talc – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
12. Talc Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Talc Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Talc Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Talc Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2. Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Group
15.3. Polyplast partnership Organization
15.4. Company 3
15.5. Company 4
15.6. Company 5
15.7. Company 6
15.8. Company 7
15.9. Company 8
15.10. Company 9
15.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Talc Market -Appendix
17. Talc Market -Methodology Premium
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends