Rising economic growth is expected to boost the extrusion coatings market. The growing demand from the food and beverages packaging and automotive sectors are the major factors that is driving the market. Extrusion coating is extensively used in different industries like building & constructions, consumer goods, automotive and others.
What is Extrusion Coating?
Extrusion coating can is a process that is used to coat the thermoplastic material onto a substrate like woven fabric, paperboard aluminum foil and others. Resins used in this process are different polyolefins like ionomers, polyethylene, ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers and polypropylene. This process is used for improving the features of paper by coating it with polyethylene in order to make it a better water resistant. Extrusion coating is a highly versatile industrial process that is used to coat a molten web of extruded polymer onto a substrate. In the process of extrusion coating a polymer is melted under heat and pressure in an extruder. The produced extruded hot melt is applied as a thin film coating onto substrate that is continuously passed through nip-roll assembly. The substrate may be paper board, woven fabric, polyester film or BOPP film.
Market Research and Market Trends of Extrusion Coatings Market:
- Polymers that is used in extrusion coating process encompasses low-density polyethylene (LDPE), ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), polypropylene, and polyethylene terephthalate. LDPE is expected to be the foremost polymer material for the extrusion coating process because of its extraordinary characteristics like affluent recyclability, excellent optical properties and higher melting strength. It features good sealability and also offers a good barrier against moisture. Thus LDPE-based extrusion coating is used in different applications like liquid packaging, food packaging, and others. Polypropylene has high temperature and grease resistance and so it is generally used in the pet food packaging or for microwave oven applications.
Who are the Major Players in Extrusion Coatings Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Borealis AG, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP, DowDuPont Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, INEOS Group Holdings S.A., LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Mondi Group, Qenos Pty. Ltd., SABIC, and Westlake Chemical Corporation and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Extrusion Coating Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Extrusion Coating Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Extrusion Coating Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Extrusion Coating Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Extrusion Coating Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Extrusion Coating Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Extrusion Coating Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Extrusion Coating Market – By Material (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Low density polyethylene (LDPE)
8.3.2. Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
8.3.3. Polypropylene (PP)
9. Extrusion Coating Market – By Substrate (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Plastic Films
10. Extrusion Coating Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Liquid Packaging
10.2. Flexible Packaging
10.3. Pharmaceutical Packaging
11. Extrusion Coating - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Extrusion Coating Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
11.3. Extrusion Coating - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
11.5. Extrusion Coating - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
11.7. Extrusion Coating – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
12. Extrusion Coating Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Extrusion Coating Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Extrusion Coating Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Extrusion Coating Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
11.2. Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
11.3. DowDuPont Inc.
11.4. Exxon Mobil Corporation
11.5. INEOS Group Holdings S.A.
11.6. LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
11.7. Mondi Group
15.8. Borealis AG
15.9. Company 8
15.10. Company 9
15.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Extrusion Coating Market - Appendix
17. Extrusion Coating Market - Methodology
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends