Bromine Market By Derivative (Organobromines, Clear Brine Fluids (CBFs), & Hydrogen Bromide (HBr)), By Application (Flame Retardants (Plastic, Clothing, Paper, Woods), Fine Chemicals (Pharmaceuticals, Raw materials for chemical industry), Agriculture Products (For Soil & Agriculture Pest Control (Pest control of surface vegetation, Soil pest control), Long term Storage), Biocides (Cleaning Materials, Metal processing, Water disinfection, Medical disinfectants, Glues & sealants, Latex polymers, Coating & dyes)), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2020-2025
Bromine Market Overview
- Asia-Pacific dominates the Bromine market owing to increasing demand from applications such as agricultural chemicals, dyestuffs, insecticides, pharmaceuticals.
- Bromine compounds can be used as flame retardants. They are added to furniture foam, plastic casings for electronics and textiles to make them less flammable, which is likely to aid in the market growth of Bromine.
- Organobromides are used in halon fire extinguishers that are used to fight fires in places like museums, aeroplanes and tanks, this will increase the market demand for Bromine in the near future.
- COVID 19 pandemic will create hurdles for the Bromine market.
Bromine Market Segment Analysis - By Derivative
Bromine Market Segment Analysis - By Application
Bromine Market Segment Analysis - Geography
Bromine Market Drivers
Increasing use of hydrogen bromide in flow batteries
Increasing demand for flame retardants
Bromine Market Challenges
Toxicological effects of brominated compounds
Impact of COVID 19
- In September 2019, Israel Chemicals Ltd. has announced its plan to increase its bromine compounds capacity to approximately 25,000 metric tons annually. The company will invest approximately USD 50 million for this expansion and expects a return of USD 110 million. This expansion comes amidst the company’s strategic agreements signed with many customers from Asia.