The global Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market is projected to spread at a substantial pace in the near future with its increasing number of applications in marine and ship building industries. The market is also expected to attract more players as advancements in manufacturing eco-friendly antifouling paints and coatings is in progress.
What are antifouling paints and coatings?
Antifouling paints are the paintings or coatings that are used to cover the parts of water submerged parts such as hull of a boat, ship or yacht. These coatings or paints are used to s prevent the accumulation of organisms on submerged metallic hull and making it corrosion resistant.
Antifouling paints also play an important role in improving the performance and durability of vessel. The paints or coatings protect the submerged parts from algae, bacteria, diatoms that if accumulated decreases the operational speed of the vessel leading to more fuel consumption.
What are the applications of antifouling paints and coatings?
Antifouling paints and coatings are widely used in marine and boat manufacturing industries. The industries actively use these paints and coatings both for offshore and onshore structures that always come in contact with water.
They are also extensively used in protecting the machinery that is placed in rigs to make machines last long by preventing the accumulation of biological matter on them.
Market Research and Market Trends of Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market
- The global market for antifouling paints is expected to foresee a lucrative growth in the near future due to advancements in manufacturing marine environment friendly antifouling paints and coatings.
- Various standards set by the regulatory authorities across globe have helped market in its evolution to expand its application in both ship building and other areas of marine industry.
Who are the Major Players Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include BASF S.E., The Sherwin-Williams Company, PPG Industries Inc., Boero Yacht Coatings, Chugoku Marine Paints Ltd, Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co.Ltd, Kop-Coat Marine Group, Jotun Hempel A/S, Akzo Nobel N.V. and other players are profiled in this report.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market - Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.2. Ablative Polymer Based
8.3.4. Controlled Soluble Copolymers
9. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Shipping Vessels
9.2. Drilling Rigs
9.3. Fishing Boats
9.5. Inland Waterway Transport
9.6. Mooring Lines
10. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – By Ingredients (Qualitative) (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – By Coating Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Type 1
11.2. Type 2
11.3. Type 3 and 3a
11.4. Type 4
12. Antifouling Paints and Coatings - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of North America
12.3. Antifouling Paints and Coatings - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Costa Rica
18.104.22.168. Rest of South America
12.5. Antifouling Paints and Coatings - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of Europe
12.7. Antifouling Paints and Coatings – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. South Korea
13. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
13.1. Market Share Analysis
13.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
13.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
13.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
13.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
13.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
13.1.6. Best Practises for companies
14. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
15. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market Company Analysis
15.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
15.2. The Sherwin-Williams Company
15.3. PPG Industries Inc.
15.4. Boero Yacht Coatings
15.5. Chugoku Marine Paints Ltd
15.6. Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co.Ltd
15.7. Kop-Coat Marine Group
15.8. Jotun Hempel A/S
15.9. Akzo Nobel N.V.
15.10. BASF S.E.
15.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
16. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market - Appendix
17. Antifouling Paints and Coatings Market - Methodology
17.1. Research Methodology
17.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
17.1.2. Industry Databases
17.1.4. Company News
17.1.5. Company Annual Reports
17.1.6. Application Trends
17.1.7. New Products and Product database
17.1.8. Company Transcripts
17.1.9. R&D Trends
17.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
17.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends