Adhesion promoter market size is forecast to reach $4.2 billion by 2025, after growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during 2020-2025. Increasing usage in the packaging sector, increasing applications in the Electrical and electronics industry owing to this, the adhesion promoter market is witnessing an increase in demand. Growing public interest towards environment-friendly products will further enhance the overall market demand for adhesion promoter during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominates the Adhesion Promoter market owing to increasing demand from applications such as plastics & composites, adhesives, surface sealants with others.
- Increasing usage in the packaging sector, increasing applications in the electrical and electronics industry, are likely to aid in the market growth of Adhesion Promoter
- Increasing adoption of environment friendly products and implementation of stringent government regulations related to it, will increase the market demand for Adhesion Promoter in the near future.
- COVID 19 pandemic will create hurdles for the Adhesion Promoter market
Type - Segment Analysis
Application - Segment Analysis
End Use – Segment Analysis
Paints & Coatings holds the largest share in the adhesion promoter market. The diversity of paints and coatings makes our world more colourful and multifaceted. Besides the esthetic perception most coating systems have an additional protective effect on the material. Aside from the growing technological and economic demands, ecological aspects have become increasingly important for modern coating systems. The paint and coating industry is thus subject to a permanent innovation process. For both paint applications (coatings) and adhesive applications, the development of products with a low percentage of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and a high (outdoor) durability are a major focal point within our activities. We work both on the development of routes to new building blocks (monomers) for coating components, and on the synthesis of coating components.
Geography - Segment Analysis
APAC dominated the Adhesion Promoter market with a share of more than xx%, followed by North America and Europe. Countries such as India & China are the major players in this region for adhesion promoter market. Adhesion promoters (AP) are bi-functional materials that increase adhesive strength between the coating and the substrate and sometimes are referred to as coupling agents. Unlike priming systems, adhesion promoters are generally applied at thinner film thicknesses. An adhesion promoter’s effectiveness depends on both the substrate and the adhesive being used. Surface pre-treatments, such as solvent cleaning or mechanical etching and corona treatment, can be used with adhesion promoters as part of a pre-treatment method.
Drivers – Adhesion Promoter Market
- Growing packaging sector
- Implementation of Stringent Environment Regulations
Stringent governments’ regulations towards health care and dental care will further enhance the market growth, as more people become aware of it, they would visit more in the dental clinics. Adhesion promoters, or coupling agents, are chemicals that act at the interface between an organic polymer and an inorganic substrate to enhance adhesion between the two materials. Organic and inorganic materials are very different in many ways, for example, compatibility, chemical reactivity, surface properties, and coefficient of thermal expansion, such that forming a strong adhesive bond between these two dissimilar materials is difficult.
Challenges – Adhesion Promoter Market
- Impact of COVID 19
- Health issues regarding adhesion promoter
- Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Adhesion Promoter market. In 2019, the market of Adhesion Promoter has been consolidated by the top five players accounting for xx% of the share. Major players in the Adhesion Promoter Market are The Sherwin-Williams Company, PPG Industries Inc., Boero Yacht Coatings, Chugoku Marine Paints Ltd, Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co.Ltd, Kop-Coat Marine Group, among others.
- In June 2017, The Sherwin-Williams Company has completed the acquisition of The Valspar Corporation. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Valspar shareholders will receive $113 per share in cash.