Adhesives are any substance which is used to hold the materials together and they are widely used in the construction industry. A sealant is a substance which prevents the passage of fluid or water from a joint or an opening. Rising amount of construction to build houses, roads, vehicles etc. has increased the use of adhesives and sealants in the market. The demand for waterproof adhesives and construction sealants is set to increase in the future due to increased level of construction to build new buildings, bridges etc. Adhesives are used to produce products like packaging, bottles, windowpanes and as there is a large demand of these products in the market hence the adhesive ad sealant industry is set to grow in the future.
What are Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants?
An adhesive is a product which is used to bind substances together and they are of various types like gum, glue, cement etc. A sealant on the other hand is different from adhesives because they are less strong than adhesives and they have greater elongation than adhesives and they come in various types like flexibility, rigidity etc. Sealants are used to stop the passage of fluids from the passage of joints or through materials. Waterproof additives are further divided into non-reactive types or pressure sensitive types. And sealants are also divided into types like Epoxy based sealants or Polyurethane based sealants, Polysulphide based sealants or Acrylic based sealants.
Market Research and Market Trends of Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants:
- The company Bostik has completed the acquisition of industrial adhesive plant of Nitta Gelatin Inc. in a joint venture in Japan. Due to this joint venture, there will be construction of a new adhesive plant in Japan. Bostik will increase its development in the non-woven market applications of hygiene, package and labelling, transportation market etc. Following this acquisition, a leading competitor Arkema will also follow the strategy to develop its adhesives and increase the market share.
- SABIC has received approval from regulatory authorities in purchasing of 24.99 % stake in Clariant Company. Following this SABIC will become Clariant’s largest stakeholder in the Clariant Group. The two companies have been discussing about collaboration and acquisition from a long time and it shall happen soon.
- AJ adhesives and mid-America Packaging (MAP) will acquire the adhesive company Wes Adhesives Inc. which was founded in 1981. The two companies will continue to expand in the state of Texas, US and there will be only slight changes in their operations.
- Selena Labs specializes in research and development in sealants, adhesives, polyurethane forms and other waterproofing products. The company has labs in Poland and Romania and they manufacture products which have been developed by their own research and development Scientists.
Who are the Major Players in Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market?
The major players and leading companies in the Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants market are De Van Sealants, Inc., Master Bond Inc., Permoseal (Pty) Ltd, Mapei and other leading companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
188.8.131.52. Silicone Based Sealants
184.108.40.206.1. Acetoxy Cure Sealant
220.127.116.11.2. Alcoxy Cure Sealant
18.104.22.168.3. Oxime Cure Sealant
22.214.171.124. Polyurethane Based Sealants
126.96.36.199.1 Polyurethane Polyester Based Sealant
188.8.131.52.2 Polyurethane Polyether Based Sealant
184.108.40.206. Specialty Sealants
220.127.116.11.1 One-part System
18.104.22.168.1.1 Acoustical Curtainwall Sealant
22.214.171.124.1.2 Gutter Sealant
126.96.36.199.1.3 Butyl Sealant
188.8.131.52.2 Two-part system
184.108.40.206. Foam Sealant
220.127.116.11.1 High Density
18.104.22.168.2 Medium Density
22.214.171.124.3 Low Density
126.96.36.199. Urethane Construction Sealants
188.8.131.52.1. PUR-1 Self Leveling
184.108.40.206.2. PUR-2 General Purpose
220.127.116.11.3. PUR-3 High Strength
18.104.22.168. Acrylic Based Sealants
22.214.171.124. Polysulphide Based Sealants
126.96.36.199.1. Two-part System
188.8.131.52.1.1. Gun Grade
184.108.40.206.1.2. Pour Grade
220.127.116.11.2 One-part system
18.104.22.168.2.1 Premixed Sealant
22.214.171.124. Cyanoacrylate Adhesives
126.96.36.199. UV Curing Adhesives
188.8.131.52. Anaerobic Adhesives
184.108.40.206. Epoxy Adhesives
220.127.116.11. Methyl Methacrylate Adhesives
18.104.22.168. Medical Adhesive
22.214.171.124. PVA (Poly vinyl Alcohol)
126.96.36.199. Epoxy Resin
188.8.131.52. Tile Adhesive
184.108.40.206. Filler Adhesive
220.127.116.11. Wood Adhesive
9. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants – By End User(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
9.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
9.3.1. Building and Construction
9.3.3. Electrical and Electronics
10. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2. Revenue and Trends
10.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
12.1. Market Share Analysis
12.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
12.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
12.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
12.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
12.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
12.1.6. Best Practises for companies
13. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
14. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market Company Analysis
14.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
14.2. De Van Sealants, Inc.
14.3. Master Bond Inc.
14.4. Permoseal (Pty) Ltd
14.6. Company 5
14.7. Company 6
14.8. Company 7
14.9. Company 8
14.10. Company 9
14.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
15. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market -Appendix
16. Waterproof Adhesives and Sealants Market -Methodology Premium
16.1. Research Methodology
16.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
16.1.2. Industry Databases
16.1.4. Company News
16.1.5. Company Annual Reports
16.1.6. Application Trends
16.1.7. New Products and Product database
16.1.8. Company Transcripts
16.1.9. R&D Trends
16.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
16.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends