Chemically enhanced Oil Recovery technique is used to extract oil from subsurface when primary and secondary recovery are not sufficient to extract oil. Primary and Secondary recovery technique only acquire about 10-20% of the original oil. But using tertiary recovery method about 30 to 60 % of the crude oil can be extracted. However chemically enhanced recovery method is not economic and much research has to be done in order to find effective and economic oil recovery method. The less oil acquired from underground, the more the production costs increases. This is called the Stock effect.
If EOR (Enhanced Oil Recovery) technique is used, then more oil can be effectively acquired and in turn the underground oil reservoir would persist for many years. A lot of companies apply chemical enhanced oil recovery technique to acquire crude oil like Dubai Petroleum, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd, Statoil Canada Ltd. etc. Enhanced oil recovery or tertiary recovery is the last method which is applied to extract oil after primary and secondary recovery.
What are Chemical enhanced Oil Recovery?
Chemically enhanced oil recovery technique uses a variety of methods like Thermal injection, Gas injection, and Chemical injection to extract oil from the subsurface. It is the last method which is applied after primary and secondary method and it is used to extract about 30 to 60 % of the original underground crude oil. Enhanced oil recovery techniques are in demand due to the fact that most oil companies once they start drilling underground, they want to obtain as much as oil as possible. Enhanced oil recovery is the final step to acquire crude oil from underground. The enhanced oil recovery technique has been classified under various types like Thermal injection Method, Chemical injection method, gas Injection Method, Microbial Enhanced Oil recovery etc. Some of the techniques under enhanced oil recovery method are not economic and very expensive. Hence much research has to be done in order to find out other economic and effective EOR techniques.
Market Research and Market Trends of Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery Market:
- According to 2017 union Ministry Budget, there will be merging between companies ONGC and HPCL. The current Union Government wants to create an integrated oil and natural gas company by combining these two companies.
- Gazprom Neft has collaborated with China National Petroleum Corporation to conduct research on Enhanced Oil Recovery Technologies. Gazprom Neft is the third largest producer of oil in Russia and a multinational corporation. The study would be conducted in the Sutorminskoye field in Yamal Nenets Autonomous region in Russia.
- Talos Energy is an oil and Natural Gas company that operates on Gulf Coast and Gulf of Mexico and is based in Texas, US. Recently Talos Energy bought another oil firm called Whistler Energy II, LLC on August 31, 2018 for a $52 million deal.
- Transocean Ltd the largest offshore drilling contractor based in Switzerland is said to obtain Ocean Rig UDW Ltd in both stock and cash for $2.7 million.
Who are the Major Players in Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery Market?
The companies who are the major players in the Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery Market are Dubai Petroleum, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd, Cenovus Energy Ltd, ConocoPhillips Canada Resources Corporation, EnCana Corporation, BP Canada Energy Company and the others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market - Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – By Origin (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.1. Petro Based
8.3.2. Bio Based
9. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – By Technique (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Polymer Flooding
9.3. Alkaline Surfactant
10. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Water Soluble Polymers
10.3. Polymer Gels
10.5. Alkaline Chemicals
11. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Rest of North America
12.3. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Costa Rica
126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
12.5. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
12.7. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. South Korea
13. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. Canadian Natural Resources Ltd
16.3. Cenovus Energy Ltd
16.4. EnCana Corporation
16.5. BP Canada Energy Company
16.6. Company 5
16.7. Company 6
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market - Appendix
18. Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR / IOR) Market - Methodology
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends