Xylose Market overview
Xylose Market size is forecast to reach $2.1 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Xylose is a monosaccharide of the aldopentose type which has an aldehyde functional group and is derived from hemicellulose which is one of the main constituents of biomass. Increasing adoption of xylose in food & beverage industry and rising awareness among consumers are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Increasing demand for packaged food products w further enhance the overall market demand for xylose during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Xylose Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Xylose Market.
By Source: Natural and Synthesis
By Product Type: D-Xylose and L-Xylose
By Form: Powder, Liquid, and Crystals
By Application: Human Consumption, Animal Medicines, and Chemicals
By End Use: Food, Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care and Animal Feed Industry
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
- The Asia Pacific dominated the Xylose Market in 2019 owing to the rising number of health-conscious consumers and the presence of large number of food & beverage industry. The Xylose Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Increasing awareness about Xylitons role in inhibiting the growth of plaque-forming bacteria and the rising trend of packaged food products is likely to aid in the market growth of the Xylose Market.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Xylose Market report.
- Pricing issues and shifting consumer preferences is poised to create hurdles for the Xylose Market.
Product Type- Segment Analysis
The D -Xylose segment held the largest share in the Xylose Market in 2019 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.65% during the forecast period 2020-2025. D- Xylose is a white powder with a sweet taste which is obtained from plants rich in hemicellulose such as sawdust and rice straw. D Xylose is of two types-Raw material grade D -Xylose which is widely used in glycoside industry and refine grade D- Xylose which is used in food and beverage industry and other industries. D-xylose absorption test measures the level of D- Xylose which is a type of sugar in a blood or urine sample and this test is done to help diagnose problems that prevent the small intestine from absorbing nutrients in food.D- Xylose is easily absorbed by the intestines. D-Xylose is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025.
End-Use- Segment Analysis
The Food segment held the largest share in the Xylose Market in 2019. Xylose is a sugar that is widely used as a diabetic sweetener in food and beverage. Xylose is reduced by catalytic hydrogenation produces the common food additive sweetener substitute xylitol. Xylose improves the flavour of normal sweet foods and can inhibit odours. It has a cool and refreshing taste and has the same sweetness as sucrose, and it is often used to sweeten a wide variety of foods and beverages such as spices, meat products, and butter. Xylose can be used as intermediate in pharmaceuticals and as a sweetener in the beverage. Food is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia Pacific dominated the Xylose Market in 2019 with a share of more than 36.3%, followed by Europe owing to the increased risk of cardiovascular diseases and cholesterol levels. Increasing healthcare awareness among people and rising consumer preference for sugar-free food items is also increasing the growth of the xylose market in this region.
However, Europe is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the rising trend of packaged food products. Increasing demand for food and beverages, increasing preferences for natural sugar, and the growing diabetic population is increasing the growth of the xylose market in this region.
Drivers – Xylose Market
- Increasing awareness about Xylitons role in inhibiting the growth of plaque-forming bacteria
Increasing awareness about Xyliton's role in inhibiting the growth of plaque-forming bacteria is increasing the growth of the xylose market. Xylitons inhibits the growth of the bacteria that causes cavities as these bacteria cannot utilize xylose to grow. Xylose is found naturally in fruits, vegetables, and berries and is artificially manufactured from xylon rich plant materials such as birch and beechwood. Increased awareness among the public and medical & dental professions regarding the benefits of replacing the sugar with no sugar sweetness. Xylose consumption reduced MS counts in plaque and chlorhexidine is more effective as an antiplaque agent which is especially in those children or individuals who are manual dexterity and when their brushing cannot be supervised. Thus, increasing the growth of the Xylose market during the forecast 2020-2025.
- Increasing consciousness of consumer health and rising awareness among consumers
Increasing consciousness of consumer health and rising awareness among consumers is increasing the growth of the xylose market. Xylose is a monosaccharide of the aldopentose type and it is a reducing sugar. Xylose is found in embryos of most edible plants and in some species of chrysolina beetles that have cardiac glycosides in their defensive glands. The rapidly increasing health and wellness trend have made a large number of consumers opt for plant-derived ingredients owing to the growing diabetic population, increasingly growing health-conscious and taste-driven consumers. Thus, increasing the growth of the Xylose market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Xylose Market
- Pricing issues and shifting consumer preferences
Some of the factors that can impede the growth of the ingredients of the xylose market are pricing issues, government regulations, and shifting consumer preferences.
Xylose Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Xylose Market. In 2019, Xylose Market share is consolidated by the top ten players present in the market. Xylose, the top 10 companies are Toyota Tsusho Corporation, Suvchem, Healtang Biotech Co.Ltd. , Shandong LongLive , Hongtai Chemicals, Chengdu Herbpurify Futaste, Avantor , Ardilla and Zhejiang Huakeng among others.
- In October 2019, Toyota Tsusho Corporation collaborated with OurCrowd to launch a new business that is set to act as a technology scout and source innovation and investments globally.
1. Xylose Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Xylose Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Source
2.3 Key trends by Product Type
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Xylose Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Xylose Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Xylose Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Xylose Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Xylose Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Xylose Market – By Source(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9. Xylose Market – By Product Type(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Xylose Market – By Form(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Xylose Market – By Application(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Human Consumption
11.2 Animal Medicine
12. Xylose Market– By End Use (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.4 Personal Care
12.5 Animal feed industry
13. Xylose Market- By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
13.1 North America
13.2.6 Rest of Europe
13.3 Asia Pacific
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.6 New Zealand
13.3.7 Rest of APAC
13.4 Rest of the World
13.4.1 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Xylose Market- Entropy
15. Xylose Market– Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
15.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
15.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
16. Xylose Market– Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
17. Xylose Market Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.