Improvements in Panela production and increase in demand from the international market is driving the growth of Panela. With its associated benefits and high consumption rate within the country and internationally the market is expected to enter the disruption stage.
What are Panela?
Panela is a kind of unrefined non-centrifugal cane sugar which can be found in solid form of sucrose. It can be obtained by the process of boiling and evaporating water from the sugarcane juice. It can also be defines as unrefined whole cane brown sugar. It is extracted from the sugarcane juice by boiling it in a traditional way and evaporating the water content in it. Smoky, caramelly, and earthy sugar are different names for Panela. The molasses in it gives Panela its brownish color and texture. Panela consist of sucrose, glucose, fructose, minerals, fats, invert sugars, vitamins, bagasse fiber and proteins making it nutritionally richer than sugar. It is widely used in several countries and known with different names like Jaggery, Piloncilo, Chancaca etc.
The fully refined sugarcane juice produces the crystal sugar which has its own demerits as compared to Panela in health. Panela is produced in a traditional way to be used in day to day life because of its medicinal benefits than sugar. It is also used in confectionery and bakeries replacing sugar which constitutes its major amount of market share. It is widely produced at small scale and used in Latin America and Caribbean. Steps has been taken by the governments of respective Latin America and Caribbean nations to globalize its benefits, market size and exports to generate the revenue of small scale manufacturers and farmers.
What are the applications of Panela?
Panela is the alternative additive of sugar to provide sweetness and taste. It is very widely used in the sectors of food and beverages industry which involves confectionery, bakery, soft drinks. It is an unrefined non-centrifugal cane sugar in solid, powdered or blocks form. Panela is widely used across the globe as a substitute of sugar in food and beverages due to its health benefits and also has much better taste than brown sugar. The excess amount and unrefined molasses gives its texture and brown color.
Market Research and Market Trends of Panela:
- Panela is most widely used as a sugar substitute in the Latin America and Caribbean due to its health benefits such as increase in digestive enzyme for digestion, cleansing of internal organs, high content of minerals etc. As the traditional method of producing Panela is still followed across the Latin American and Caribbean continent which is keeping the generation capacity of Panela limited. The rural areas of these continents are mostly engaged in producing Panela from sugar cane juice through traditional method which made their lively hood better. Agriculture Support Systems Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of United nations started a medium term project entitled Enhancing Smallholder Livelihoods to diversify the Panela Agro industry for increasing farm income of the farmers.
- Due to the health benefit and nutritional content, Panela is widely recognized as the alternative additive of sugar. Panela is the main income generating product for the Colombia as directly or indirectly it is providing the employment and income. The main aim of Latin America and Caribbean Government is to integrate the region into global player of Panela production.
- One of the current trend in the Panela production is it is still produced traditionally and production of ethanol from refined sugar is shooting up in the Colombian industry. It has vast health benefits and is widely used in Food and Beverages industry eliminating the usage of sugar. It consist various nutritionally content like sucrose, invert sugars, bagasse fiber, fructose, vitamins, fats and minerals which is making it popular among other nations and other parts of the world. It is available in solid, powdered and cube form which makes it easier for packaging and shipping. There is a scope of Panela in near future as mankind now a days are leaning towards having healthy life which make its market bigger at international level.
Who are the Major Players in Panela Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are De Cana, Obela, partnership Organization and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Panela Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Panela Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Panela Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Panela Market – Startup companies Scenario Premium
4.1. Top 10 startup company Analysis by
4.1.3. Market Shares
4.1.4. Market Size and Application Analysis
4.1.5. Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Panela Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium
5.1. Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2. New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3. Case studies of successful ventures
5.4. Customer Analysis – Top 10 companies
6. Panela Market Forces
6.4. Porters five force model
6.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
6.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
6.4.3. Threat of new entrants
6.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
6.4.5. Threat of substitutes
7. Panela Market -Strategic analysis
7.1. Value chain analysis
7.2. Opportunities analysis
7.3. Product life cycle
7.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
8. Panela Market – By Production Source (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
8.3. Product Segment Analysis
8.3.4. Costa Rica
9. Panela Market – By Form (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10. Panela Market – By Packaging (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.2. Paper Bag
10.3. Plastic Bag
11. Panela Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.2.3. Guarapo Costeno (Lemonade)
11.2.5. Chocolate Drink
12. Panela - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.1. Panela Market - North America Segment Research
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
12.3. Panela - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
12.5. Panela - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
12.7. Panela – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
13. Panela Market - Entropy
13.1. New product launches
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14. Panela Market – Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
14.1. Market Share Analysis
14.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
14.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 10 companies
14.1.3. Market Share by type of Application – Top 10 companies
14.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 10 companies
14.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 10 companies
14.1.6. Best Practises for companies
15. Panela Market – Key Company List by Country Premium
16. Panela Market Company Analysis
16.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
16.2. De Cana
16.4. partnership Organization
16.5. Company 4
16.6. Company 5
16.7. Company 6
16.8. Company 7
16.9. Company 8
16.10. Company 9
16.11. Company 10 and More
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
17. Panela Market -Appendix
18. Panela Market -Methodology Premium
18.1. Research Methodology
18.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
18.1.2. Industry Databases
18.1.4. Company News
18.1.5. Company Annual Reports
18.1.6. Application Trends
18.1.7. New Products and Product database
18.1.8. Company Transcripts
18.1.9. R&D Trends
18.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
18.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends