Frozen Bakery Market - Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth and Forecast 2020 - 2025
Frozen Bakery Market size is $8.20Bn in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period 2020-2025. It is an establishment that produces and sells flour-based food baked in an oven such as bread, cakes, pastries, and pies in frozen state. The frozen bakery product is stored for a longer duration than the traditional baked ones and there are numerous benefits offered by frozen products such as ease of availability, longer storage duration and reasonable price. Freezing process helps to preserve food from the time it is prepaid to the time it is consumed. Frozen bakery products do not require any preservatives. Increasing demand for processed food products coupled with shift in consumer preferences towards baked products is likely to augment the demand for frozen bakery products. Easy thawing and baking facilitate the demand for products, augmenting the market growth. These products provide instant service along with the retention of freshness and taste.
The report: “Frozen Bakery Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Frozen Bakery Market.
By Product Type: Breads, Pizza, Cakes & Pastries, Doughnuts & Pies and Others.
By Source: Corn, Barley, Wheat and Others.
By processing Type: Ready-to-Bake, Ready-to-eat and Others.
By Distribution Channel: Bakery Stores, Supermarkets / Hypermarkets, Catering Industries, Convenience Stores and Others.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
- Increasing awareness amongst people on nutritional value of the bakery products is set to propel the growth of the market.
- Increase in introduction of new flavors and innovative packaging by the manufacturers propel the market’s growth.
- North America region is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Product Type - Segment Analysis
In 2019, Cakes and Pastries segment dominated the Frozen Bakery Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.6%. Cakes and pastries have prolonged shelf-life, ease of availability and secure stocks during seasonal variations are further contributing to the increased use of these products. It owes towards the wide use of pasties and cakes in different countries along with changing lifestyles and rapid urbanization as it contains nutrients like protein, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B and zinc. Moreover, the use of ricotta cheesecake which contains ricotta cheese is considered to be as light as compared to any other cheese abetting towards the market’s growth.
Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, the Europe region dominated Frozen Bakery Market in terms of revenue with a market share of 35% owing towards changing preferences from traditional products to advanced Frozen Bakery products. This growth can be attributed towards the increasing convenience and ready consumption products for their breakfast menu which in turn has favored the product demand. Rising disposable incomes, urbanization, and the demand for Western-style diets are supporting the growth in sales of baked goods and pastries drives the market in this region is key factors in the growth of the Frozen Bakery market. North America is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers – Frozen Bakery Market
- Rising Demand for Processed and ready-to-eat Products
The Increase in demand for frozen bakery products owes to the growing consumer preference for a convenient alternative to freshly baked specialty products. Changing lifestyle along with the growing health concern and hectic schedules of people around the world is further propelling its market.
Challenges – Frozen Bakery Market
- Freshly Baked Products
The preference for freshly baked and conventional products and increase in the prices of raw materials are some of the factors hindering the market’s growth.
Frozen Bakery Industry Outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Frozen Bakery Industry. Frozen Bakery top 10 companies include Europastry, S.A., Lantmannen Unibake International, Associated British Foods plc, Flower Foods Inc., TreeHouse Foods, Inc., Dawn Foods Products Inc., Vandemoortele NV, General Mills (Pillsburry), Aryzta AG and Grupo Bimbo S.A.B. de C.V.
- In January 2019, Europastry, S.A. launched Croiloaf, a cake with three butter croissants and is decorated with a drizzle of syrup and sugar pearls, making it the perfect choice for the consumers.
- In December 2018, Flower Foods Inc. acquired Canyon Bakehouse LLC, a privately held, gluten-free baking company. This acquisition helped the company in product adjacencies and gives us the opportunity to gain share in the growing gluten-free segment.
1. Frozen Bakery Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Frozen Bakery Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Source
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Frozen Bakery Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Frozen Bakery Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Frozen Bakery Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Frozen Bakery Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Frozen Bakery Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Frozen Bakery Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.3 Cakes & Pastries
8.4 Doughnuts & Pies
9. Frozen Bakery Market – By Source (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Frozen Bakery Market – By Processing Type(Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11. Frozen Bakery Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Bakery Stores
11.3 Catering Industries
11.4 Convenience Stores
12. Frozen Bakery Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Frozen Bakery Market - Entropy
14. Frozen Bakery Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Frozen Bakery Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Frozen Bakery Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.