Edible Insects Market By Product Type (Whole Insects, Insects Powder, & Insects Meal), By Habitat Type (Ground, Aquatic & Tree/Bush/Shrubs), By Applications (Processed Whole Insects, Animal & Pet Feed Products, Processed Insects Powder, Insects Protein Bar & Protein Shakes, Insects Baked Products & Snacks, Insects Confectioneries, Insects Beverages & Others), By End-Users (Human Nutrition & Animal Consumption), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2020-2025
- North America dominated the Edible Insects Market with a share of 37% in the year 2019.
- The factors such as high cost of animal protein, environmental sustainability with production and consumption of edible insects, high nutritional value of insects, and low risk of transmitting zoonotic diseases are amongst the major factor projected to impel growth of Edible Insects Market.
- Low cost of farming, high population growth, and shortages in protein rich food are the key factors owing to the growth in the segment during forecast period 2020-2025.
Habitat Type - Segment Analysis
Application Type- Segment Analysis
By Geography - Segment Analysis
Drivers – Edible Insects Market
Rising awareness on potential benefits of Edible Insects
Challenges – Edible Insects Market
Stringent Rules and Negative Perceptions about Insects
Edible Insects Industry Outlook
- In March 27, 2020 Sysco partners with Entosense to add Edible Insects to its product Line as protein is arguably one of the sectors being explored the most, as consumers clamor for more plant-based, sustainable, and healthy options that make them feel good both inside and out.
- In March 1, 2016 Bugsolutely announced the launch of an innovative pasta made with cricket flour “Cricket Pasta”, with remarkable amount of nutritional values, including high protein, calcium, iron, vitamin B12, and Omega 3 and 6, and all 9 of the amino fatty acids thereby, enters the fast growing market of food products based on edible insects.