Dairy Ingredients Market Overview
Dairy Ingredients Market size is forecast to reach $80.15 Billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.89% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Dairy ingredients are foodstuffs (milk ingredients) that help meet nutritional, organoleptic and functional needs of the dairy products. Nowadays these ingredients are highly valued in food industry especially for their multiple functions and are essential elements for industrial applications. Whey, which is contains about 70%–90% of the processed milk, contains lactose, nitrogenous substances, and minerals. Therefore, it is usually used as an ingredient by being made into whey powder in biscuits, chocolate, and ice cream industry. Demand for low-fat and healthy food and beverage foods among the population, changing consumption habits of consumers towards ready-to-eat and functional food and increased health benefits of products with dairy ingredients are driving the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025
The report: “Dairy Ingredients Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Dairy Ingredients Market.
By Type: Skimmed Milk Powder (SMP), Whole Milk Powder (WMP), Buttermilk Powder, Cream Powder, Blenders & Replacers, Rolled Dried Powder, Fat-filled Powder, Permeate Powder/Dried Permeate, Lactose & Derivatives, Casein & Caseinate, and Milk Protein Concentrate & Isolate (MPC & MPI)
By Livestock: Cows, and Others
By Application: Bakery & Confectionery, Dairy Products, Sports Nutrition Products, Infant Formulas, and Others
By Form: Powder, and Liquid
By Functionality: By Emulsification, Foaming, and Thickening, By Color, Flavor, and Texture, By Gelation and By Solubility and Heat Stability
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Asia-Pacific dominated the Dairy Ingredients Market in the year 2019 owing to increasing market infrastructure of food and beverages, increasing demand from the urban population for better nutritious foods and presence of key market players in the region. The Dairy Ingredients Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Growing demand for nutritionally enhanced foods, growing government regulation for approval of dairy ingredients and related products, and increasing innovations in technological aspects of product manufacturing by key market players is estimated to drive the industry growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Dairy Ingredients Market report.
- Availability of substitutes of dairy ingredients are anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Dairy Ingredients Industry.
Type - Segment Analysis
Skimmed Milk Powder held the largest share in the type segment of Dairy Ingredients Market in 2019. The growth of this segment is owing to the growing food industry, bakery, and confectionery foods. Manufacturers use skimmed milk powder in baking recipes to enhance the tenderness of the food such as doughnuts, cakes, and bread. This has resulted in a rapid surge in the demand of its products in the recent years. Milk Protein Concentrate & Isolate (MPC & MPI) is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to boosting sales of milk protein as an ingredient in various application industries and adoption of nutrition-rich dairy products by the masses.
Application - Segment Analysis
Bakery & Confectionery held the major share in the application segment of Dairy Ingredients Market in 2019. Dairy ingredients, especially butter, are highly valuable in the bakery industry. They bring taste, texture, and a nice color to many products such as biscuits, cakes, and croissants. Strongly associated with a natural image, dairy ingredients also can be used as claims on packaging to better valorize baked goods products which eventually drives the market growth. Dairy Products is set to be the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to growing number of product portfolio launches by dairy companies, ever growing consumer base worldwide for dairy products and increasing key investments in nutritional replacements of meals in the form of dried foods by major market players.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia-Pacific dominates the geography segment of Dairy Ingredients Market with a share of 38.7% in 2019, followed by Europe. Increasing market infrastructure of food and beverages, increasing demand from the urban population for better nutritious foods and presence of key market players in the region have helped in the growth of Dairy Ingredients Market infrastructure in this region. Europe held the second place in the geography segment share of the market, owing to shifting consumer lifestyle towards healthier dairy products, increasing investment in dairy-related products and services and growing awareness about benefits of dairy ingredients in dairy food.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to rapidly growing demand of dairy based diet, entry of new market players in the region, and increasing disposable income of the population.
Drivers – Dairy Ingredients Market
- Growing demand for nutritionally enhanced foods
The demand for diet that are high in nutritional content is granted for those who live in the industrialized world in developing countries. For such populations, a diet that is balanced in adequate levels of vitamins and minerals is required to achieve and maintain the working life. Owing to recent developments in manufacturing and processing methods, it is now possible to make dairy foods and supplements which are nutritionally enhanced to improve the content and bioavailability of essential nutrients. This is set to drive the market growth in the forecast years 2020-2025.
- Growing government regulation for approval of dairy products
Regulatory support for whey proteins and milk supplements in food & drinks by the U.S. FDA and subsequent similar relaxations and approvals by the governments of UK and Germany have motivated new players to enter the market. This results in more competition and quality products in the long run. This is projected to drive the demand for Dairy Ingredients, and consequently help in market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Dairy Ingredients Market
- Presence of alternatives to dairy ingredients
Dairy ingredients significantly improve the food quality and nutrition, plant-based alternatives to them are an upcoming competition in the foods market. Rise of veganism and more emphasis on non-dairy based products are set to consequently affect the market consumer base in the coming years. Thus, it is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Dairy Ingredients Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Dairy Ingredients Market. In 2019, Dairy Ingredients Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Dairy Ingredients Market top 10 companies are FrieslandCampina, Groupe Lactalis, Arla Foods, Saputo, Fonterra Co-operative Group, Dairy Farmers of America, Kerry Group, Ornua, AMCO Proteins and Euroserum among others.
- In November 2019, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. sold its majority shareholding of 82.3 percent in provider Royal CSK Food Enrichment C.V. to the Royal DSM N.V., a global science-based company in nutrition, health, and sustainable living.
- In July 2019, Lactalis do Brasil, a subsidiary of Groupe Lactalis, announced the closing of its acquisition of the Itambé cooperative. This acquisition made Lactalis the largest player in Brazil’s dairy industry.
- In February 2020, Dairy Farmers of America reached the agreement with Dean Foods. DFA would become the stalking horse bidder to acquire substantial portion of Dean Foods Assets and Business.
1. Dairy Ingredient Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Dairy Ingredient Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Dairy Ingredient Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Dairy Ingredient Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Dairy Ingredient Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Dairy Ingredient Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Dairy Ingredient Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Dairy Ingredient Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Skimmed Milk Powder (SMP)
8.2 Whole Milk Powder (WMP)
8.3 Buttermilk Powder
8.4 Cream Powder
8.5 Blenders & Replacers
8.6 Rolled Dried Powder
8.7 Fat-filled Powder
8.8 Permeate Powder/Dried Permeate
8.9 Lactose & Derivatives
8.10 Casein & Caseinate
8.11 Milk Protein Concentrate & Isolate (MPC & MPI)
9. Dairy Ingredient Market – By Livestock (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Dairy Ingredient Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Bakery & Confectionery
10.2 Dairy Products
10.3 Sports Nutrition Products
10.4 Infant Formulas
11. Dairy Ingredient Market – By Form (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12. Dairy Ingredient Market – By Functionality (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 By Emulsification, Foaming, and Thickening
12.2 By Color, Flavor, and Texture
12.3 By Gelation
12.4 By Solubility and Heat Stability
13. Dairy Ingredient Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
13.1 North America
13.2.6 Rest of Europe
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13.4 Rest of the World
13.4.1 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Dairy Ingredient Market - Entropy
15. Dairy Ingredient Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
15.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
15.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
16. Dairy Ingredient Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
17. Dairy Ingredient Market Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.