Gum Hydrocolloid Market Overview
Gum Hydrocolloid Market size is forecast to reach $11.5 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Hydrocolloid Gums are hydrophilic polymers of vegetable, animal, synthetic origin that generally contain many hydroxyl groups and are generally added to food stuffs to control their functional properties such as thickening and gelling. Increase in the consumption of hydrocolloids based products, growing demand for cosmetics and personal care are the major factors which are estimated to enhance the growth of Gum Hydrocolloid Market during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Gum Hydrocolloid Market Report Coverage
The report: “Gum Hydrocolloid Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Gum Hydrocolloid Market.
By Product: Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum, Karaya Gum, Arabic Gum, Others.
By Form: Gel, Powder.
By Source: Seaweed Extracts, Animal Extracts, Botanical Extracts, Microbial Extracts, Others.
By Function: Gelling, Thickening, Stabilizing, Encapsulating, Whipping, Others.
By Application: Confectionery, Food and Beverages, Bakery, Poultry Processing, Cosmetics, Dairy Products, Others.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)
- North America dominated the Gum Hydrocolloid Market in 2019 owing to the advancements in technology, sedentary life style and increasing companies investment in the developed countries.
- The increase in the technology and growing consciousness towards organic and low-calorie food is likely to aid in the market growth of Gum Hydrocolloid Market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Gum Hydrocolloid Market report.
Function- Segment Analysis
Based on the Function, the Thickening segment held the largest share in 2019 owing to the factors such as ability to modify the rheology of food system, growing consumer preference towards ready to eat products, and mechanical solid property. Gelling segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 5.77% during the forecast period 2020-2025.The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as ability to form a rigid structure that is resistant to flow, textural properties and increasing demand for jam, gelled deserts, cakes and candies.
Based on the Application, the Food and Beverages segment held the largest share in 2019 owing to the factors such as inclination towards taste, sedentary lifestyle and multi-functional property of the gum colloid. Confectionery segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment owing to the factors such as growing preference towards organic and low-calorie food, enabling mouth feel and more young population inclination towards convenience.
Based on the Geography, the North America held the largest share in 2019 with a market share of 41.6% in 2019 of the overall market shares. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as product innovations, advancements in technology, investment of major companies in the developed countries. Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing segment owing to the factors such as growth in the preference of low-calorie food products, more young population and growing demand for convenience foods.
Drivers- Gum Hydrocolloid Market
- Advancements in technology and new product launches
The technological advancements made easier for the companies to increase their production and also to invest in product innovations. New products are introduced into the market according to the need and taste of the customers and are made easily available to the customers through technology which is estimated to enhance the growth of Gum Hydrocolloid Market
- Rapid growth in the consumption of food and beverages owing to sedentary lifestyle
There is a rapid growth in the consumption of food and beverages owing to the sedentary lifestyle of young population and growing preference towards taste. Introduction of organic and low-calorie food is said to further enhance the growth of Gum Hydrocolloid Market.
Challenges- Gum Hydrocolloid Market
- International regulations and growing consciousness towards health
The implementation of regulations such as improvements in infrastructure, pricing policy, environment protection is said to impact the growth of Gum Hydrocolloid Market. Growing consciousness towards health is also estimated to hamper the growth of Gum Hydrocolloid Market. However, companies started launching organic and low-calorie foods which balances the growth of Gum Hydrocolloid Market.
Gum Hydrocolloid-Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Gum Hydrocolloid Market. In 2019, Gum Hydrocolloid Market share is consolidated by the top ten players present in the market. Gum Hydrocolloid top 10 companies are Cargill Inc, Kerry Group LLC, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Cyber Celloids Ltd, Sure Care Corporation, DuPont, Royal DSM, Ingredion Incorporated, Danisco, Darling Ingredients Inc among others.
- In 2018, Ingredion Incorporated made an investment of 60 million USD to expand its business in the Asia-Pacific region.
- In 2017, Cargill Inc launched the Satiagel ADG 0220 Seabird, a new type of carrageenan extract, which is derived from cultivated seaweeds that enables premium-texturing solutions.
1. Gum Hydrocolloid Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Gum Hydrocolloid Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key Trends by Function
2.3 Key Trends by Application
2.3 Key Trends by Geography
3. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking
3.2 Financial Analysis
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Gum Hydrocolloid Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Gum Hydrocolloid Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Gum Hydrocolloid Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Product Life Cycle
8. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Guar Gum
8.1.1 Food Grade Guar Gum
8.1.2 Commercial Grade Guar Gum
8.1.3 Fast Hydration Guar Gum
8.2 Locust Bean Gum
8.3 Gellan Gum
8.4 Karaya Gum
8.5 Arabic Gum
9. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – By Form (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – By Source (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Seaweed Extracts
10.2 Animal Extracts
10.3 Botanical Extracts
10.4 Microbial Extracts
11. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – By Function (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.2 Food and Beverages
12.4 Poultry Processing
12.6 Dairy Products
13. Gum Hydrocolloid Market - By Geography (Market Size-$Million/$Billion)
13.1 North America
13.2.6 Rest of Europe
13.3 Asia Pacific
13.3.4. South Korea
13.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
13.4 Rest of the World
13.4.2 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Gum Hydrocolloid Market - Entropy
15. Gum Hydrocolloid Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Global Market Share-Key Companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region-Key Companies
15.1.3 Best Practices for Companies
16. Gum Hydrocolloid Market-Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
17. Gum Hydrocolloid Market Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies