Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market Overview
Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market size was valued as $587.4 million in 2019, and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 4.90% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Global Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient markets are poised to witness robust growth owing to ongoing investments and plans for market expansion in the developing countries.
Companies in the food & beverage industry are continuously trying to align themselves owing to the consumer preferences and emerge as key players in local markets as well as international markets. Whey is acquired as a by-product of cheese that is rich in protein and contains less milk fat. Demineralized whey as a product is a yellowish free-flowing powder that tastes like milk. Demineralized whey powder has low calorie but still nutritionally dense, rich in protein, carbohydrates, and lactose with suitable pH ingredients.
Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market Report Coverage
The report: “Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market.
By Product: 40% Demineralized Whey, 50% Demineralized Whey, 70% Demineralized Whey, and 90% Demineralized Whey
By Application: Bakery & Confectionary, Beverages, Sports Nutrition, Infant Food, Dairy, Others
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW).
- Growth in demand for protein-rich diet and increase in number of infants are major factors that drive the growth of the global demineralized whey powder ingredient market.
- Growth of the multi-functional food ingredients market is poised to drive by a slew of factors, which range from the rising demand for clean label products and changing regulations in industry, additionally to the growing awareness among consumers.
- Increase in Consumers demand for clean label products and natural ingredients is set to increase the growth for the multifunctional food ingredient market.
By Product Type- Segment Analysis
The global Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market based on type is divided into four types 40% Demineralized Whey, 50% Demineralized Whey, 70% Demineralized Whey, and 90% Demineralized Whey. Various techniques such as ion-exchange chromatography, electro-dialysis, cross-flow Nanofiltration, and others are used in the demineralization of whey by removing/reducing soluble mineral. D90 and D70 variants are used in the production of infant formula powder and have shown high CAGR in the year 2019, with the increase in demand for infant food D90 and D70 are poised to grow with the highest CAGR for the forecast period (2020-2025). The grades of demineralized whey powders are actually the percent of mineral removed from whey.
By Application Type- Segment Analysis
The global Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market is poised to show the fastest growth during the forecast period 2020-2025. The demineralized whey powder ingredient market on the basis of application is divided into Bakery & Confectionery, Beverages, Sports Nutrition, Infant Food, Dairy, and Others. Of these, the infant food is poised to dominate in revenue generation for the forecast period 2020-2025. With Increase health concerns and population, the beverage segment is poised to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025 followed by the dairy segment. In beverages, demineralized whey powder ingredients are used to give foaming property, stability, and mouthfeel. Increased preference for packaged baby food is set to drive the growth of demineralized whey powder.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
North America and Europe are prominent regions and are established markets for multifunctional food ingredients. With increasing demands for processed food and ready-to-eat products, the Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market is set to register healthy CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. Asia-Pacific lacks developed infrastructure and other facilities act as a major hindrance in the market growth for multifunctional food ingredients owing to lack of availability of facilities.
Drivers – Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market
- Increasing demand for healthy alternatives
The rising population across the globe and the high demand for a protein-rich diet is owing to the demand growth for demineralized whey powder ingredients. This trend is poised to remain steady in the feed and food industry over the forecast period 2020-2025. With harmful minerals separated from the whey, it is set to be used in the development of special foods. Health-aware consumers need products that are both dense in nutrition but also low in calories, so companies are set to focus and grab this opportunity and the use of demineralized whey powder in food fortification is poised to rise substantially.
Challenges – Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market
- Weak Distribution Network
Developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, and others, have weak distribution networks for demineralized whey ingredient products. Manufacturers use selective modes of distribution such as online selling, specialty outlets, and others, to reach out to consumers. The demineralized whey ingredient products are relatively more expensive than conventional ready-to-eat breakfast products, dietary supplements and dairy products. This is a major factor set to negatively impact market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Demineralized Whey Ingredient industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient market. Key companies of this market are Dairygold Food Ingredients, Eurosérum, Senel (Holding) B.V., Kaskat Dairy, Dairy Crest, Van Lee Melkprodukten Barneveld BV, SPX Corporation, and Valio Ltd.
- In July 2014, Diary Crest signed partnership with Fonterra to sell demineralized whey powder for infant food applications.
1. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market – By Product (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 40% Demineralized Whey
8.2 50% Demineralized Whey
8.3 70% Demineralized Whey
8.4 90% Demineralized Whey
9. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1.1 Milk Powder
9.1.3 Ice Creams
9.2 Bakery & Confectionery
9.4 Infant Food
9.5 Sports Nutrition
9.5.1 Protein Bars
9.5.2 Whey Protein Powder
10. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 North America
10.2.6 Rest of Europe
10.3.4 South Korea
10.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
10.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 Rest of the World
10.4.1 Middle East
10.4.3 South America
11. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market - Entropy
12. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
12.1 Market Share Analysis
12.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
12.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
12.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
12.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
13. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
14. Demineralized Whey Powder Ingredient Market Company Analysis
14.1 Company 1
14.2 Company 2
14.3 Company 3
14.4 Company 4
14.5 Company 5
14.6 Company 6
14.7 Company 7
14.8 Company 8
14.9 Company 9
14.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.