Malt Ingredients Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2020 - 2025
Malt Ingredients Market Overview
Malt Ingredients Market size is estimated to reach $25.87bn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.24% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Malt is also known as germinated cereal grain formed by malting. It is a process in which cereal grains are allowed to dry and then germinate. In this process, the starch present in ingredients is converted to sugars such as glucose, fructose, maltodextrine, maltose and others. These ingredients are used to prepare different drinks and confectionary. Food and beverage market have increased the usage of malt and malt ingredients owing to the health and nutritional benefits from them. This is set to drive the market in the near future.
Malt Ingredients Market Report Coverage
The report: “Malt Ingredients Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Malt Ingredients Market.
By Form: Malt Extract, Malt Flour, and others
By Source: Barley, Maize, Wheat, Rye and others
By Grade: Standard Malt and Specialty Malt
By Application: Food industry, Beverages, Pharmaceutical industry and others
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Rest of World
- Geographically, Europe’s Malt Ingredients market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the high demand of whisky and beer products.
- Malt Ingredients based on application has beverage segment leading the market share in 2019.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Malt Ingredients Market report.
- Concerns regarding the regulations related to imports act as challenge to hamper the growth for the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Source - Segment Analysis
The global Malt Ingredients Market based on Flavor has barley, maize, wheat, rye and others. The barley segment registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). Barley has numerous health benefits, vitamins and minerals and used largely in alcohol production owing to its high starch content. Barley malt is primary ingredient and extensively used in beer and whiskey, which is set to help in growth of market globally. Besides, usage of barley is increasing in bakery and confectionery products owing to the increase in awareness of health benefits from it.
By Application - Segment Analysis
The Application segment of Malt Ingredients Market has food industry, beverages, Pharmaceutical industry and others. The beverage segments registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). Beverage segment is growing with the help of beer industry; malt is an essential component in the beer industry. It provides carbohydrates and sugar, which give beer its distinctive flavor and alcohol content. Besides, other alcoholic beverages, such as whiskey and others too have malt as their base ingredient. Owing to this factor, the beverages segment is poised to account for the largest market share during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
The global Malt Ingredients Market by geography had the dominant share in Europe, in terms of revenue in 2019. Europe holds largest market share in different Malt Ingredients market. This region is dominant owing to the presence of a large number of breweries in countries including Germany, Spain, U.K., France, Italy and others. The market in Asia-Pacific is set to register highest CAGR owing to the increase in the manufacturers in the region, and increase in disposable income of the consumers in this region. In Asia-Pacific, manufacturers are focusing on flavors, which is set to act as a driver for the growth of market.
Drivers – Malt Ingredients Market
- Rising Demand For Healthy And Nutritious Food
The demand for Malt Ingredients is increasing owing to the change in lifestyles and the demand for healthy and nutritious food by consumers mostly in emerging countries, like China, India and other countries. Besides, the usage of malt ingredients in bakery and confectionery products to impart color and flavor is set to drive the market in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Malt Ingredients Market
- Stringent Regulations and Seasonality
Production of malt is highly dependent on season and create hinder in demand owing to difference in production based on seasons. Besides, owing to the presence of stringent government regulations, the import of malt and malt products are affected and this is set to become a challenge for the growth of market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
Malt Ingredients Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Malt Ingredients Market. Key companies of this market are GrainCorp, Malteurop, Rahr Corporation, Boortmalt, Groupe Soufflet, Maltproducts, Holland Malt, Maltexco, Barmalt, IREKS, Muntons PLC, Simpsons, Viking Malt, Agraria, Puremalt, Cerex, EDME Ltd., Imperial Malt, Diastatische Producten, and Laihian Mallas.
- In February 2020, BSG entered into a partnership with Leopold Bros. (US) to distribute a new line of small-batch, handmade malts. Through this, it can enter into the emerging craft brewing and handmade beer markets.
- In November 2019, Axereal acquired the malt business of Cargill on behalf of its subsidiary, Boortmalt.
- In September 2019, Malteurop constructed a new malthouse facility in Meoqui, Chihuahua, North of Mexico, which will be functional by 2021.
1. Malt Ingredients Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Malt Ingredients Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Form
2.3 Key trends by Source
2.4 Key trends by Grade
2.5 Key trends by Application
2.6 Key trends by Geography
3. Malt Ingredients Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Malt Ingredients Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Malt Ingredients Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Malt Ingredients - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Malt Ingredients Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Malt Ingredients Market – By Form (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Dry Malt Extract
8.2 Liquid Malt Extract
9. Malt Ingredients Market – By Source (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10. Malt Ingredients Market – By Grade (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Standard Malt
10.2 Specialty Malt:
11. Malt Ingredients Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Food industry
11.2.1 Alcoholic beverages
11.2.2 Non-alcoholic beverages
11.3 Pharmaceutical industry (supplements)
11.4.1 Pet Food
11.4.2 Personal Care Products
12. Malt Ingredients Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Malt Ingredients Market - Entropy
14. Malt Ingredients Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape Premium
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Malt Ingredients Market – Key Company List by Country Premium Premium
16. Malt Ingredients Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.