Malt Ingredients Market By Source Type (Rye, Barley, Wheat, & Others), By Product Type (Dry & Liquid), By Application (Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Food items, & Animal feeds), By Grade (Specialty malts, Standard malts), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2022-2027
Malt Ingredients Market Overview
Malt Ingredients Market size is estimated to reach $26.3 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Barley is a cereal grain and the most significant part of the brewing process. In preparation for various beverages and extracts, these grains go through a malting process in which they are immersed in water to sprout seedlings from them. Subsequently, hot air is taken into account to dry to fabricate malt from germinated cereal grains. Besides, barley malts are synthesized from various sources like rye, wheat, and soy. Malts are also put-to-use in malted milk sweet meals. Moreover, polysaccharides like maltodextrines commonly prepared from wheat and rye, serve as food additives to boost essence and shelf life.
Consequently, these malted grains always remain in demand owing to their widespread application in many areas. The protein and vitamin nature of such cereal grains are congruent with the requirements pharmaceutical industry. Intensifying trends of the festival and special occasion celebrations mounting the demand for alcoholic beverages, the existence of high health cognizance among people are factors set to drive the growth of the Malt Ingredients Industry for the period 2022-2027.
The report: “Malt Ingredients Market Forecast (2022-2027)” by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Malt Ingredients Market.
By Source Type: Rye, Barley, Wheat, and Others.
By Product Type: Dry and Liquid.
By Application: Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Food items, and Animal feeds.
By Grade: Specialty malts, Standard malts.
By Geography: North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Rest of South America) and Rest of World (the Middle East and Africa).
- Geographically, the Europe Malt Ingredients Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021. It is owing to a higher per capita consumption of alcoholic beverages in the region, which is a prime supporter of the behemoth share. However, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a lucrative pace owing to the rising consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages because of societal pressures and stupendous income growth over the period 2022-2027.
- Growing usage of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is a preeminent driver driving the growth of the Malt Ingredients Market. Moreover, malt ingredients are widely rich in macro and micronutrients such as proteins, vitamin-B complex, zinc, iron, calcium, and various others, which allows them to set a standard higher than the available alcoholic beverages. However, various health ailments apart from its many benefits along with supply chain clogs are said to reduce the market growth.
- Detailed analysis of the strength, weaknesses, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Malt Ingredients Market report.
Malt Ingredients Market- Geography (%) for 2021.
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Malt Ingredients Market Segment Analysis-By Source Type
The Malt Ingredients Market, based on the source type, can be further segmented into Soy, Rye, Barley, Wheat, Corn, and Others. The Barley segment held the largest share in 2021. The growth is owing to the vitamin and mineral-rich nature of barley. These grains are the best source of vitamin B, fibers, phosphorus, molybdenum, and selenium. Thus, barley extends several health benefits such prevent obesity and gallstones, improving metabolism, maintaining cholesterol levels, guarding against diabetes, and avoiding heart attacks. As per WHO, around 15.9 million people died of heart attacks globally. Besides health benefits, these grains are the first choice of beverage makers due to their enzyme-rich nature that gives beverages a fresh taste and extra alcoholic content. Moreover, the soy segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors such as augmenting usage of soy milk as an alternative to dairy milk, which is risen the alertness about the multiplicative use of soy. Additionally, malt prepared from these edible beans is rich in vitamin A, retinol, calcium, and choline.
Malt Ingredients Market Segment Analysis-By Application
The Specialty Malt Market, based on the application, can be further segmented into Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Food items, and Animal feed. The beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) segment held the largest share in 2021. The growth is owing to growing trends of drinking alcohol on special occasions. In addition, swelling western influence in other parts of the world is pulling youngsters toward night parties, clubs, and discos. Also, the fresh and robust flavor of beverages prepared through malt ingredients acts as a potent trigger and exaggerates the cravings among people.
Additionally, the number of craft breweries is swelling in regions like the US. In 2014, around 3814 craft breweries were present, which swelled up to reach 9,112 in 2021. Moreover, the beverages segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period 2022-2027. With the expansion of veganism, more and more people are leaning toward plant and seed-based beverages like soy milk and white claw seltzer. Additionally, drink mixes like bourn Vita, Horlicks, and others have become part of almost every household.
Malt Ingredients Market Segment Analysis-By Geography
The Malt Ingredients Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. Europe held the largest share, with 31% of the overall market in 2021. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as the colossal consumption of confectionery and alcohol in European countries. The European confectionery market dominates the world. Therefore, malt ingredients are used extensively in brewing processes and make confectioneries like cakes, sweets, and desserts.
Moreover, with an increasing trend total number of breweries in Europe has crossed the 11,000 mark, and a majority of them are situated in France, Germany, and the UK. According to the report, with a 4.73% jump as compared to 2020 total number of independent breweries in the UK now has reached 1,902. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to jaw-dropping growth in the economies of countries like India and China. Overall living standards of people are rising in Asian nations. With better living standards, people’s awareness and perception of their needs and wants are changing. They become more health-conscious and make rational choices. On the other hand, disposable income in many Asian countries is witnessing a jump and therefore allowing people to spend more on additional purchases like alcohol and confectionery.
Malt Ingredients Market Drivers
Enlarging the usage of alcohol, and seed-based milk is anticipated to boost product demand
Even though alcohol is generally used on celebratory occasions but in contemporary society, it has become an indispensable part of the regular lives of billions of people. Most of them are using it as a depressant to elude mental stress and real-world problems, which again is a concerning factor for the growth of alcoholic beverages. Therefore, daily use of alcohol is plunging upward, especially in Europe and Asia-Pacific. According to a recent study, alcohol consumption in European nations like Latvia, Lithuania, Ireland, and Germany has reached more than 12 liters per capita. Latvia recorded the highest per capita consumption in 2021, with 13.19 liters annually. On the other hand, with the growing veganism trend, consumption of plant-based items is increasing. According to a report, around 79-80 million people worldwide follow veganism principles, and the number is expected to expand.
The health benefits of these ingredients and the soaring income of people are expected to boost product demand
Edible seeds are highly nutrient and extend several health benefits like preventing obesity and gallstones, improving metabolism, maintaining cholesterol levels, guarding against diabetes, and avoiding heart attacks. With the growing obese population, deaths attributed to heart attacks are broadening. According to a WHO report, cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks were the reason for the demise of around 18 million people last year. Additionally, these numbers are anticipated to be outperformed as more than 39-40% of adults worldwide are facing overweight problems. Consequently, health awareness among people is increasing, and they are making more rational choices, including nutrient-rich foods in their diets, buying a gym membership, and others. Moreover, proliferating purchasing power is icing on the cake as they can extend their shopping list and add more nutritional foods.
Malt Ingredients Market Challenges
Deteriorating demand-supply chain due to the re-imposition of lockdowns and other disasters such as the Russia-Ukraine War are anticipated to hamper the market growth
The Covid-19 is making constant mutation from delta to omicron. As a result, those countries are reconsidering the option of lockdowns to reduce human-to-human interaction. Additionally, soaring world oil prices owing to the Russia-Ukraine war has sent a spiraling effect on World economies by increasing the overall inflationary levels. From $66.11/BBL in December 2021 to $123.70/BBL in March 2022- the crude oil prices have soared nearly 2x. Consequently, demand for product and services are decreasing, and production processes are facing many setbacks.
On the other hand, due to the usage of chemical pesticides and lower rainfalls, the soil is losing its richness and fertility. Climate change is altering the duration and timing of seasons and setting many environmental apocalypses like hurricanes, floods, and heatwaves in motion. Subsequently, the crop isn’t getting a conducive environment to grow, and the overall yield is falling.
Malt Ingredients Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Malt Ingredients Market. Top-10 Malt Ingredients Market companies are-
1. Cargill Inc.
3. Malteurop Group
4. Crisp Malting Group
5. Soufflet Group
6. Muntons PLC
7. Barrett Burston Malting Company
8. Simpsons Malt
9. RAHR Cooperation
- On May 5, 2021, French-based seed manufacturing company “Invivo Group” publicized the successful acquisition of another French-based firm, “The Soufflet Company,” which deals in the barley business. Invivo closes the process with a payment of $2.3 billion. Following the acquisition, Invivo stated that this acquisition is going to help the company in tackling growing completion in international and European markets.
- On February 12, 2021, UK-based malt company “Simpsons Malt” announced that it had acquired the grain merchanting business of Scotland-based “W.N. Lindsay” with the support of “UNW,” which is an advisory firm. The transaction provides Simpsons with a calculated edge over its competitors in the barley supply market. The four stores present in East Lothian, Stracathro in Angus, Keith in Morayshire, and Sidlaw in Perthshire would provide 200,000 tons of extra in-house grain storage, thereby enhancing traceability and sustainability.
- On November 4, 2019, France-based food processing company “Axereal” announced that it had successfully acquired the malt business of US-based food company “Cargill.” The step will help Boortmalt, a subsidiary company of Axereal, to expand its market share and acquire the leading position in malt production. Further, Azereal spans over four primary barley growing regions, with a production output of over two million metric tons annually. The following strategy would allow the company to grow exponentially in the years to come.
Report Code: FBR 0007
Report Code: FBR 81420
Report Code- FBR 0287
For more Food and Beverage Market reports, please click here