Nutrigenomics Market Overview
Nutrigenomics Market size is estimated to reach $826.4 Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 15.35% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Nutrigenomics known as Nutritional genomics is a science of studying the relationship between human genome, nutrition and health. Nutrigenomics involves the determination of genetic sequence to help design a diet according to the assumed reaction by the genetic build-up. It investigates the relationship between nutrition & genome, metabolic pathways, gene expression, and helps understand the reaction of body to specific foods, supplements & beverages and thus provides ultimate consequence to a solid basis for nutritional advice. However, diet is an important modifiable determinant of disease and it is becoming clear that dietary regimes and genetic risk factors are interactive in defining risk for diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancers.
Nutrigenomics Market Report Coverage
The report: “Nutrigenomics Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Nutrigenomics Market.
By Product: Reagents & Kits, Services
By Technique: Saliva, Buccal swab, Blood and Others
By Application: Anti-aging, Chronic diseases, Obesity and Diabetes
By Age Group: 0-18, 19-34, 35-54, and 55+
By Distribution Channel: Offline, Online Channel
By Geography: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Rest of World
- Geographically, North America’s Nutrigenomics market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and it is poised to dominate during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to the high demand.
- Nutrigenomics based on technique has saliva segment leading the market share in 2019.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Electrophoresis Market report.
- Concerns regarding the ethical nature of nutrigenomic technology and practitioners is ought to act as challenge to hamper the growth for the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Technique - Segment Analysis
The global Nutrigenomics Market based on technique has saliva, buccal swab, blood and others. The saliva segment registers for the highest market share in 2019 and is set to continue for the forecast period (2020-2025). The segment is set to emerge owing to the growing use of saliva samples for DNA testing worldwide. This has positively influenced the segment demand in the industry. Healthcare professionals collect saliva samples to analyze DNA for genetic variants that affect food and beverage.
By Application - Segment Analysis
The Application segment of Nutrigenomics Market has anti-aging, chronic diseases, obesity and diabetes. The obesity segment dominated the global industry in the year 2019, owing to the increase in overweight population. The obese population is increasing owing to the rise in prevalence of lifestyle and eating habits of the consumers. The diabetes segment is set to witness the highest CAGR of 12.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to increase in consumption of food products with high-saturated fatty acid, number of diabetic incidences and sugar elicit glucolipotoxicity that negatively affect beta cell insulin secretion.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
The global Nutrigenomics Market by geography had the dominant share in North America, in terms of revenue in 2019. North America holds largest market share by 41% of total Nutrigenomics market owing to introduction and development of consumer nutrigenomics kits and increase in consumption of specialized food. Europe is a growing market for Nutrigenomics, owing to the increasing support for food innovations in the region. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific is an emerging market, which is poised to grow at a healthy rate, owing to the combined increase in consumer adoption rate in the region and increase in disposable income of the consumers.
Drivers – Nutrigenomics Market
Increase in Cost of Medical Treatments
The demand for Nutrigenomics is driving forward owing to the increase in the costs of medical treatments and drugs. The high cost of branded drugs and medicines are acting as burden to consumers. Hence, people prefer to use dietary supplements and other products based on nutrigenomics. Besides, availability of nutrigenomic technologies that allow individuals to make informed decisions about their nutrition and health are acting as drivers for supporting the growth of the Nutrigenomics market.
Challenges – Nutrigenomics Market
High Setup Cost
The set-up cost for implementation of nutrigenomics method requires large capital, skilled professionals, and physicians to utilize this technology. Besides, the concerns regarding ethical nature of this technology also is a matter of concern and challenge in the growth of this market in the forecast period 2020-2025.
Nutrigenomics Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Nutrigenomics Market. Key companies of this market are Holistic Heal, GeneLink, Cura Integrative Medicine, Nutrigenomix, GX Sciences, Interleukin Genetics, NutraGene, Metagenics, Pathway Genomics, Salugen, Genelex, Gene Box, Xcode Life and Sanger Genomics.
- In April 2019, Nutrigenomix launched genetic test for vegetarians and vegans that is plant-based personalized nutrition. Innovative product launches enable companies to gain competitive advantage.
- In July 2019, GX SCIENCES announced global partnership with GX SCIENCES Asia to diversify and broaden company’s work internationally. Global expansion enable’s GX Sciences to escalate growth in laboratory and biotechnology medical domain.
- In April 2018, Prenetics Limited announced that they had acquired DNA Fit for approximately USD 10 mn. This acquisition is a strategic step for the company as they look to provide consumer-based genomic servicing and testing capabilities, specially designed diets, nutrition and fitness plans.
For more Food and Beverage Market reports, please click here
1. Nutrigenomics Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Nutrigenomics Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product
2.3 Key trends by Technique
2.4 Key trends by Application
2.5 Key trends by Age group
2.6 Key trends by Distribution Channel
2.7 Key trends by Geography
3. Nutrigenomics Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Nutrigenomics Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Nutrigenomics Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Nutrigenomics - Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Nutrigenomics Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Nutrigenomics Market – By Product (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Reagents & Kits
9. Nutrigenomics Market – By Technique (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.2 Buccal swab
10. Nutrigenomics Market – By Application (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.2 Chronic diseases
11. Nutrigenomics Market – By Age Group (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12. Nutrigenomics Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1.1 Convenience Stores
12.1.2 Drug Stores
12.2 Online Channel
13. Nutrigenomics Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
13.1 North America
13.2.6 Rest of Europe
13.3.4 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13.4 Rest of the World
13.4.1 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Nutrigenomics Market - Entropy
15. Nutrigenomics Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
15.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
15.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
16. Nutrigenomics Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
17. Nutrigenomics Market Company Analysis
17.1 Company 1
17.2 Company 2
17.3 Company 3
17.4 Company 4
17.5 Company 5
17.6 Company 6
17.7 Company 7
17.8 Company 8
17.9 Company 9
17.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.