Biscuits Market Overview
The Biscuits Market size is estimated to reach $129.1 billion by 2025 with a estimated CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Biscuits are made of flour, sugar or salt, butter or vegetable shortening, and baking powder as a leavening agent. They are baked food item that is flour-based and used as a snack. These food products are available in different flavours, types, tastes, and textures. Biscuits are generally sweet in taste made from sugar or honey and some of their types are savoury or salty in taste. Biscuits are one of the most famous and preferred packaged snacks around the globe. They can be mixed along with a variety of ingredients, which include, nuts, chocolate flavour, Choco chips, sandwich fillings, which include cream-based fillings of fruit, chocolate, and jam fillings.
Biscuits Market Report Coverage
The report: “Biscuits Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Biscuits Market.
By Type: Crackers and Savory, Sweet Biscuits
By Packaging: Pouches/Packets, Jars, Boxes and Others
By Distribution Channel: Convenience Stores, Independent Bakery, Online Retail, Supermarket/ Hypermarket and Others
By Geography: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World.
- Geographically, Asia Pacific holds the largest share in the global Biscuits market in 2019, owing to the increasing consumer demand in the region.
- Increasing disposable income of consumers and changing living standards of the middle-class population across the globe is set to boost the global biscuits market growth positively.
- Competition is very high in the market with virtually no entry barriers and almost 100% penetration of the product, which is set to increase the demand of the market for the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Type - Segment Analysis
Based on type, the global Biscuits market has Crackers & Savory and Sweet biscuits. The sweet biscuit segment accounted for the largest share of the global biscuits market in 2019. In sweet biscuits, the market for the filled biscuits is poised to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. Sweet biscuits are consumed worldwide owing to their taste, energy content, and easy availability. The high nutrient content of sweet biscuits also makes it a preferred choice of consumers. The growing preference for ready to go snacking, along with easy accessibility for consumers through the advancing retail sector, is set to help the sweet biscuits market to grow in the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Distribution Channel - Segment Analysis
Based on the distribution channel, the global Biscuits market has Convenience Stores, Independent bakeries, Online Channels, Supermarkets/ hypermarkets, and others. The supermarkets and hypermarkets segment accounts for the largest share of the market in 2019. The online retail segment is poised to register the highest CAGR of 4.99% during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to online retailing provides more discounts and wider options to purchase. Besides, the online platform becomes popular owing to its doorstep delivery.
Supermarkets and hypermarkets are self-help shops giving a wide variety of biscuits such as sweet biscuits, savory, crackers, filled or coated, and others. Supermarkets and hypermarkets offer extensive merchandise mix along with different brands of biscuits, placed under the same roof, which helped it to occupy more revenue share.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
The global Biscuits Market by geography had the dominant share in Asia-Pacific, in terms of revenue and market share in 2019 owing to rising middle-class population coupled with increasing disposable income in developing countries of this region such as India and China. Besides, rising demand for biscuits as an alternative for bread, and confectioneries in this region, which is surging the global biscuits market in a positive way. Europe is set to generate the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period 2020-2025. In North America, the market is poised to drive in the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to the rising consumption of sandwich biscuits, especially among the working-class population in U.S. Canada, in the North American region has been driving the regional market further.
Drivers – Biscuits Market
- The Rising Demand for Healthy Cookie
Demand for biscuits witnessed to have a rising trend owing to the product innovations involved in the sector and the use of high-quality ingredients. Biscuits, which are available in forms like multiple grains, Ragi, Oats, and others, are grabbing the attention of the millennials who tend to stay fit with ready to-go food. In addition, bakery manufacturers attract customers with innovative packaging solutions, which is set to drive growth.
- Increasing Demand for “Ready to Go” Food
The factors that are driving the growth of the biscuits market are increasing preference for convenience and snacking. Besides, demand for biscuits is increasing owing to the innovative packaging, new flavors, and addition of ingredients, shapes, and technologies.
Challenges – Biscuits Market
- The High cost of raw materials
High raw material cost and growing tax burden on the industry is the challenge to look after for the biscuit market growth soon. Also, the shortage of food ingredients and labor are the factors that tend to be a challenge for the biscuit market.
Biscuits Industry outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Biscuits Market. Key companies of this market are Nestlé UK Ltd. Parle Products Pvt. Ltd, Kellogg Company, Britannia Industries Ltd., Burton's Foods Ltd, Lotus Bakeries NV, ITC, United Biscuits, Cadbury, Walkers Shortbread Ltd etc.
- In Apr 2019 Barilla, an Italian food company has declared that it is set to begin a range of biscuits made completely of sustainable soft wheat. A division of the Buongrano line of Mulino Bianco, the product was introduced at the end of April. The biscuits were baked in the business's biggest biscuit factory, in Castiglione delle Stiviere, near Mantua, which manufactures 108,000 tonnes of biscuits per year.
- In September 2018, Leading Food & Beverage Manufacturers, Mars Saudi Arabia, Kellogg's Arabia, and Nestle Middle East signed a voluntary pledge with the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) to reduce Sugar, Salt and Fat Content in their products. The companies also pledged to place clear nutritional labels on their products.
- March 2016 - The FMCG giant ITC is focusing on tapping the niche market for health biscuits, which includes digestive biscuits. To compete with brands, like Britannia Nutri Choice, McVities Digestive, and Parle Simply Good, the company launched Sunfeast Farmlite digestive biscuits in India.
1. Biscuits Market - Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Biscuits Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Type
2.3 Key trends by Packaging
2.4 Key trends by Distribution Channel
2.5 Key trends by Geography
3. Biscuits Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Biscuits Market - Startup Companies Scenario Premium
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Biscuits Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium Premium
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Biscuits Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Biscuits Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Biscuits Market – By Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Crackers and Savory
8.1.1 Cheese and Spiced
8.1.2 Fortified/ Functional Biscuits
8.1.4 Sour Cream
8.2 Sweet Biscuits
8.2.1 Butter Biscuits
8.2.2 Filled/ Coated
184.108.40.206 Fruit and Nut
220.127.116.11 Sandwich Biscuits
8.2.3 Milk Biscuits
8.2.4 Rich Tea Biscuits
9. Biscuits Market – By Packaging (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Pouches/ Packets
10. Biscuits Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Convenience Stores
10.2 Independent Bakery
10.3 Online Retail
10.4 Supermarket/ Hypermarket
11. Biscuits Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Biscuits Market - Entropy
13. Biscuits Market – Industry/Segment Competition LandscapePremium
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Biscuits Market – Key Company List by Country PremiumPremium
15. Biscuits Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.