Beer Market Overview
Beer Market size is forecast to reach $657.1 Billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 1.5% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Beer is any alcoholic beverage made by the fermentation of grain, just as wine is any alcoholic beverage made by the fermentation of fruit. Brewing of beer is done with starch, most commonly from malted barley, though wheat, maize, and rice are also used. Most of the world’s beers, the grain base is barley. Although non-alcoholic beers exist, the ethanol content of beer usually varies between 3% and 9% alcohol by volume. Increased demand for variety, changing preferences of consumers for drinks and beverages, and reduced costs of imported products are driving the market growth in recent years. In addition, major market development of key players like Boston Beer Company and Asahi Europe Ltd. are other factors driving the growth of the market. Beer Industry Analysis is based on product type, production, category, packaging, and geography.
The report: “Beer Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Beer Market.
By Product Type: Light Beer, and Strong Beer
By Production: Macro Brewery, and Micro Brewery
By Category: Premium Beer, Super Premium Beer, and Normal Beer
By Packaging: Canned Beer, Bottled Beer, and Draught Beer
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Asia-Pacific dominated the Beer Market in the year 2019 owing to availability of wide range of beers available in the market, increase in the consumption of beer and increase in disposable incomes of the population in the region. The Beer Market scope for different regions will be provided in the final report.
- Increased demand for variety of beer, changing preferences of consumers for drinks and beverages, and reduced costs of imported products is estimated to drive the industry growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Beer Market report.
- Increasing amounts of taxation and availability of substitute products are anticipated to hamper the market growth of the Beer Industry.
Product Type - Segment Analysis
Strong beer held the largest share in the product type segment of Beer Market in 2019. The growth of this segment is primarily driven by the improvement in the content associated with key market players, innovative product launches by foreign brewers and increased preference among the Asian population in recent years. Light beer is set to be the fastest growing segment and is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to rising health concerns and high demand for non-or-low-alcoholic beverages.
Packaging - Segment Analysis
Canned beer held the major share in the category segment of Beer Market in 2019. This is owing to major advantages of canned beer like portability, recyclability, and better protection for the beer than glass. In recent years, considerable increase in number of exports have been done from countries like China. Draught beer is forecast to grow at the fastest rate with the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025, owing to growing number of customer base for home-delivery systems and increasing key investments by major market players in products of draught beer.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia-Pacific dominated the geography segment of Beer Market with a share of more than 33.1% in 2019, followed by North America. Availability of wide range of beers available in the market, increase in the consumption of beer and increase in disposable incomes of the population in the region have resulted in massive growth of the market in the last decade. North America held the second place in the geography segment share of the market, owing to increasing consumption trends of craft beer among the urban population, shift in consumer preferences for healthier drinks and presence of key market players in recent time.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to continue growing at the fastest rate at a higher CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to increasing beer exports by developing countries such as China and increasing awareness about health benefits of low alcoholic beverages.
Drivers – Beer Market
- Increased demand for variety of beer
Innovations in the market is set to result in increased demand for a variety of ales and stouts. Craft ales and stouts are also growing in demand among consumers. Brewers usually have the right pack types at the right consumer price points. Pricing is a key lever in every segment and is a signal of a premium offering or in the mainstream segment, a means to stay competitive and sustain market share. This is set to drive the market growth in the forecast years 2020-2025.
- Changing preferences of consumers for drinks and beverages
Consumers perceive low-alcohol beverages as a response to alcohol-related control policies. These low-alcohol beverages are, therefore, substitutes for consumers who aim to reduce their alcohol consumption, owing to increasing health awareness. This is projected to drive the demand for Beer, and consequently help in market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Challenges – Beer Market
- Increasing amounts of taxation on beer
In 2018, the tax on a six-pack of beer at 4.5 percent alcohol by volume increased from 33 cents to 81 cents, and the tax on a 750-milliliter bottle of wine with 13 percent alcohol by volume increased from 21 cents to 82 cents. In turn, this resulted in greater retailing costs. Thus, it is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Beer Industry Outlook
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Beer Market. In 2019, Beer Market share is consolidated by the top players present in the market. Beer Market top 10 companies are Anheuser Busch InBev SA/NV, Heineken NV, Carlsberg Group, China Resources Snow Breweries Ltd., Asahi Breweries Ltd., Tsingtao Brewery Co. Ltd., Molson Coors Brewing Company, Beijing Yanjing Brewery, Boston Beer Company, Inc. and United Breweries Limited among others.
- In September 2019, Boston Beer Company and the National Hockey League announced a multiyear U.S. partnership. This would help the Boston Beer Company commercialize its products on a sports platform.
- In May 2019, Asahi Europe Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Asahi, completed the acquisition of the premium beer and cider business and other related assets of Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C.
- In June 2020, Molson Coors Brewing Company signed exclusive agreements with British hard-seltzer maker Bodega Bay and Miami Cocktail Company to distribute their growing brands in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
1. Beer Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Beer Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Packaging
2.4 Key trends by Geography
3. Beer Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking – Key Companies
3.2 Financial Analysis – Key Companies
3.3 Market Value Split by Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis – Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Beer Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Beer Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Beer Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters five force model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
6.3.3 Threat of new entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
6.3.5 Threat of substitutes
7. Beer Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Beer Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Light Beer
8.2 Strong Beer
9. Beer Market – By Production (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.1 Macro Brewery
9.2 Micro Brewery
10. Beer Market – By Category (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 (Premium) Beer
10.2 Super (Premium) Beer
10.3 Normal Beer
11. Beer Market – By Packaging (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
11.1 Canned Beer
11.2 Bottled Beer
11.3 Draught Beer
12. Beer Market - By Geography (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
12.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Rest of the World
12.4.1 Middle East
12.4.3 South America
13. Beer Market - Entropy
14. Beer Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
14.1 Market Share Analysis
14.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
14.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
14.1.3 Market Share by Countries – Key Companies
14.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
15. Beer Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
16. Beer Market Company Analysis
16.1 Company 1
16.2 Company 2
16.3 Company 3
16.4 Company 4
16.5 Company 5
16.6 Company 6
16.7 Company 7
16.8 Company 8
16.9 Company 9
16.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.