Glycobiology can be defined as the study of the structure, function and biology of carbohydrates or glycans. Glycobiology is a small but rapidly growing field in biology, which finds it relevance to biomedicine, biotechnology and basic research. Proteomics is defined as a systematic study of proteins in biological systems, has expanded the knowledge of protein expression, modification, interaction and function. Globally increasing funding and R&D activities in glycobiology is expected to remain key growth driver for the glycobiology during the period of study.
This report identifies the global glycobiology/glycomics market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2022. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global glycobiology/glycomics market.
Geographically North America dominated the global glycobiology/glycomics market owing to presence of global bio tech companies and pharmaceutical players and higher investment into R& activities in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets for glycobiology/glycomics. However Asia-Pacific is expected to remain the fastest growing market during the period of study driven by economic developments, increasing presence of bio tech companies and growing government funding to support new product developments are the key factors driving the growth of market in developing regions.
This report segments global glycobiology/glycomics market on the basis of product, end users, applications, end user and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of product this report on global glycobiology/glycomics market is segmented as follows, covering all major products in the glycobiology/glycomics as follows: KITS, Reagents, Instruments and enzymes
- This report on global glycobiology/glycomics also covers in detail various applications of glycobiology/glycomics, some of the major applications covered in the report are Diagnostics, Drug Discovery & Development, Oncology, Immunology, and Other Applications
- This report on global glycobiology/glycomics also covers in detail various end users of glycobiology/glycomics, some of the major end users covered in the report are Academic Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies and Contract Research Organizations
- This report on glycobiology/glycomics has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- Waters Corporation
- New England Biolabs Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.