Tangential Flow Filtration Market Overview
Tangential Flow Filtration Market size is estimated to reach $1.49 Billion, growing at a CAGR of 10.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Unlike the normal flow filtration where the feed passes through the membrane and the non-permeating particles are retained by the membrane, In Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) the feed flows parallel to the feed-side membrane surface instead of passing through the membrane. TFF is a rapid and efficient method for separation and purification of biomolecules. It enables researchers to perform a wide variety of applications in various biological fields such as immunology, protein chemistry, molecular biology, biochemistry, and microbiology. Factors such as increase funding by Pharmaceutical companies, increase in adoption of single use technologies are few of the factors which is driving the growth of Tangential Flow Filtration during the forecast period 2020-2025.
The report: “Tangential Flow Filtration Market – Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Tangential Flow Filtration Market.
By Product Type: Tangential Flow Filtration Systems, Tangential Flow Filtration Membrane Filters and Others.
By Technique: Concentration, Ultrafiltration and Microfiltration and Diafiltration.
By End User: Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, and Contract Research Organizations
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the world
- The major factors driving the growth of this market include the advantages of tangential flow filtration (TFF) over normal flow filtration (NFF).
- Stringent regulatory laws and increasing adoption of single-use technologies and are the driving factors for the growth of Tangential Flow Filtration market.
- Detailed analysis on the Strength, Weakness and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in Tangential Flow Filtration Market.
By Product Type - Segment Analysis
Based on product type, Tangential flow filtration market is segmented into Tangential Flow Filtration Systems, Tangential Flow Filtration Membrane Filters and Others. In 2019, tangential flow filtration system dominated the tangential flow filtration market in terms of revenue. This is owing to increasing use of different single-use systems among end users. Tangential flow filtration membrane filters are set to grow at the highest CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025 owing to its high demand.
By End User - Segment Analysis:
Based on End User, Tangential Flow filtration market is segmented into Pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies, academic & research institutes, and contract research organizations. The pharmaceutical and Biotechnological companies are predicted to accounts for the largest share of the TFF market in 2019. The growing adoption of membrane filters in the biotechnological industry is owing to their advantages over dead-end filters, high flow rate, less filtration time, no membrane fouling, and minimized cross-contamination.
By Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, the North America region dominated tangential flow filtration market in terms of revenue with a market share of 37.7% owing presence of a well-established pharmaceutical and biotechnological industry and significant spending done on the research and development the companies in the region.
Asia Pacific is set to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period 2020-2025. This is owing to emerging pharma market and development in terms of biological, biosimilars.
Drivers – Tangential Flow Filtration Market
- Increased Uses in The Applications
The growth of the global tangential flow filtration market can be attributed to the growth in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological sector, increasing demand of biosimilars and generic drug and rising funding for the research and development of the molecules by these companies are the major factors driving the growth of this market. The increasing adoption of single-use technologies, and the benefits associated with tangential flow filtration over other filtration techniques are other reasons driving the tangential flow filtration market.
Challenges – Tangential Flow Filtration Market
- Cost and Time Associated with Development
The Pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies would have to invest enormous sums for the procurement and setting up of a new production facility. This often discourages small scale companies and laboratories to adopt the new technology and forces then to continue using the traditional methods of filtration, are the restraining factors for the tangential flow filtration market.
Tangential Flow Filtration Industry Outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Tangential Flow Filtration Industry. Tangential Flow Filtration top 10 companies include Merck Millipore, Danaher Corporation, Sartorius AG, Repligen Corporation, Arker Hannifin Corporation, Alfa Laval Corporate AB, Andritz AG, Watersep Bioseparations Corporation, Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, Llc., And Solaris Biotechnology SRL
- In February 2019, Danaher Corporation acquired BioPharma unit of GE Healthcare, a company specializing in TFF systems. This acquisition provides valuable share to Danaher Corporation owing to the inherent connection between their main product segments.
1. Tangential Flow Filtration Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Tangential Flow Filtration Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Product Type
2.3 Key trends by Technique
2.4 Key trend by End User
3. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – Comparative Analysis
3.1 Product Benchmarking
3.2 Patent Analysis
3.3 Pricing Analysis
4. Tangential Flow Filtration Market - Startup Companies Scenario (Premium)
4.1 Key Startup Company Analysis by
4.1.3 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing business index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Tangential Flow Filtration Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining powers of Customers
6.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry among Existing Players
6.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
7. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – By Product Type (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Tangential Flow Filtration Systems
8.1.1 Single use System’
8.1.2 Reusable System
8.2 Tangential Flow Filtration Membrane Filters
8.2.1 TFF Cassettes
8.2.2 Capsules and Cartridges
8.2.3 Other Filters
9. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – By Technique (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
9.2 Ultrafiltration and Microfiltration
10. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – By End User (Market Size –$Million/$Billion)
10.1 Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological Companies
10.2 Academic & Research Institutes
10.3 Contract Research Organizations
11. Tangential Flow Filtration Market- By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.3 South Korea
11.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
11.3.6 Rest of APAC
11.4 Rest of the World
11.4.1 Middle East
11.4.3 South America
12. Tangential Flow Filtration Market - Entropy
13. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – Industry/Segment Competition Landscape (Premium)
13.1 Market Share Analysis
13.1.1 Global Market Share – Key Companies
13.1.2 Market Share by Region – Key companies
13.1.3 Market Share by Country- Key companies
13.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
14. Tangential Flow Filtration Market – Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
15. Tangential Flow Filtration Market Company Analysis
15.1 Company 1
15.2 Company 2
15.3 Company 3
15.4 Company 4
15.5 Company 5
15.6 Company 6
15.7 Company 7
15.8 Company 8
15.9 Company 9
15.10 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.